Sign in to follow this  
sbelew

Sealed box size for x12, 4 ohm with BP

Ordering one x12 4 ohm sub today with BP Power option. It will be running in the 320 to 400 watt range. The specs call for a box .6 to 1.1 cuft. Why is there such a range and what is the difference if i built a box at .6 cuft versus building it at 1.1cuft? I have the room to build it to the max dimensions, just would like some more info? How do I figure out exactly what size I need to make it sound great? I listen to mostly older rock, 70's and 80's, but some newer stuff to as well as a little rap if it is a good song.

I ordered the sub today, and I have already gotten a UPS shipping notification. So can anybody help me with the questions ive asked above? I also emailed FI, but no replies yet.

I received my sub today. I could still use some help with a box size and how much power I can safely put to it? Anyone?

I emailed you back..thought I did at least.

The smaller box is just going to sound tighter and more transient and have more mechanical power handling. The larger end is not going to be as accurate and have less mechanical power handling and sound boomier..

Somewhere in the middle is a mix between the two.

So lets say I go about 1 cu ft after displacement, how much power can I put to it? I plan on 400 watts at 4 ohms.

Sign in to follow this