Sign in to follow this  
petepeluri

Sp 15 Premium to home?

I need subwoofer witch has more than good sound, tight, musically, not just same sound putting out.

So i need a HIFI subwoofer :domoslay:

I were looking 80litres sealed box with Linkwitz Transform circuit and Linkwitz Riley 24db/okt lowpass filter.

-6db point to 15hz.

My amplifier works better at 4ohms so 15d2 could be better than 15d4?

I got 2x1200w/4ohms or 2x 650w/8ohms.

I only use channel A on my amplifier, so i nees 4 ohms to channel A.

e: Is that ok?

I just want good sound, soundpressure level doesn't matter, 100db is enough for me.

On the attachment is my old subwoofer parameters.

re 3,656 and bl 22 on my installation.

Edited by petepeluri

That's great.

Might be "ok", but we need a little more info. Actually a question would be good as well? What are you trying to do and what do you currently have? How much money do you want to spend and what do you listen to? What sort of car isn't a bad addition either...

> My amplifier works better at 4ohms so 15d2 could be better than 15d4?

Sounds like you're running this for a home theater system. You may as well grab the 2ohm driver if you want to run at 4 ohms (unless you want to run two drivers). 1200 watts on the RL-p15 D2 will be at the very top end of what I'd ever recommend for power on one of these things, so if you notice any stress just pare down the amplifier gain a touch and you should be good to go. You could easily get away with two RL-p's given the power you have on tap - but of course that would equate to added expense and use of physical space.

They only come in 1 VC configurstion.

Whatchu talkin' about, Willis? :P

RL-p's are available in both dual 2ohm and dual 4ohm these days :bigok:

The RL-P will work great for in home use and using the LT will give you a lot of flexibility to customize the roll off for your particular liking too. Since you're using an LT you can get away with a smaller enclosure than 80L too.

Edited by Kyle Richardson

I live blocks of flats so im not using max power.Good sound is important.Mike says 15"is better than 2x 10".Room is 4x5m. How many db i could get @20hz?

Is bessel 0.577qts and 50l ok?Think that it is more hifi than 0.707. Or something else?120hz lowpass@movies and 40hz@music.RL-p15" costs about 425? with ship+tax.2 post because surfing Nokia5140i.

Edited by petepeluri

This is best transfer function magnitude that i can get.

Is is ok? http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2373/winisd24nd.jpg

E: Have i just do something wrong, because i get over +0.0db transfer function magnitude @80hz on my simulation?

I use Linearteam's WinisdPro alpha software.

E: This is my old subwoofer: http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2669/dyny2sw.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2277/dyny28hv.jpg

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=11/32113250975.jpg&s=x11

Edited by petepeluri

I have ordered rl-p15 2ohm DVC, and let see how good it is.

I'm gonna do some transfer function magnitude measurements and thd measurements.

Between christmas and new year i'm gonna build new box and at January new Linkwitz Transform and Linkwitz Riley 24db/oct lowpass filter.

Before these i'm gonna use it in my old box.

Is it ok if i do new box at 25-30mm MDF, put inside some 22x22mm sticks between "walls" and something sand/glue on the walls to make it more heavyer etc?

25-30mm MDF is perfectly suitable. If there are very long portions of your enclosure, you could consider bracing, however for a single driver using the thickness of MDF you are, it might not be necessary. I'll be interested to see what your formal testing reveals!

50L should work quite well for the RL-p15. Particularly with the equilization you can work with, as my general opinion calls for a slightly larger enclosure around 2.1 cu ft net internal sealed volume (which equates to roughly 60L net volume).

Keep us posted!