theabunai

State of Hawaii trying to ban ALL aftermarket systems

On behalf of the car audio enthusiast in Hawaii, I would like to thank you guys who submitted testimony on this bill 1178.

Aloha

If anyone would like to call a reporter from the Star Advertiser please do. She is doing a story on this for today's paper and also cover tomorrow. I just gave her my comments and she would like comments from consumers...here's her phone number (808)-529-4392. Please call and get your opinion on HB1178 in print!

Direct her to this site.

wow.. this has to be one of the most ridiculous thngs ive ever heard. i opposed also.

i can see it now.. people gonna get pulled over on cops..

You been drinkin tonight sir?

No.

Well, can u step out of the car for me please.

Well, well well. Look what we have here!

Looks like 2 SSA Zcon 18s...

Oh man oh man, that's a Class A Felony right there.

You'd be better off just havin a bag of weed in your seat but no, you had to go and put 5,000w in the ride too..

Mmm...mmm... you are under arrest.

But officer.. that isn't mine.. i don't know how those 18s got in there..

Done..

comments on what i submitted were: "Focus on actual crime."

Sure if it ever did happen i would be a repeat offender ;)

as long as u get one installed prior to 1-1-2012, u are legally fine and as long as it doesnt go off all the time back to back...

They are saying after that date, it's illegal to install one...

It's making me wonder if they know something we do not like something similar to onstar but cheaper.

so what is this? trying to make it easier for people to steal your car or truck? i can understand the audio aspect, i can. i don't agree with it though. but an alarm system to protect my personal belongings isn't? whats next, no home security systems?

What if the governor was the head of a major theft ring in that area...

That would be messed up wuoldnt it?

He'd be able to get anything he wanted....

as long as u get one installed prior to 1-1-2012, u are legally fine and as long as it doesnt go off all the time back to back...

Nope, they are telling you that if you have one installed prior to 1/1/12 you are legally required to uninstall or disable the alarm system.

No later than January 1, 2012, all motor vehicle alarm systems or features of alarm systems that emit an audible sound that have been installed prior to that date shall be uninstalled or disabled.

Nope, they are telling you that if you have one installed prior to 1/1/12 you are legally required to uninstall or disable the alarm system.

No later than January 1, 2012, all motor vehicle alarm systems or features of alarm systems that emit an audible sound that have been installed prior to that date shall be uninstalled or disabled.

WTF. So basically you can watch it flash but no sound. If that's the case there should be no problem putting all the lights I want. Maybe a couple of lightbars and some strobes ,but then they would get me for impersonating a officer so I can't win.

On behalf of the car audio enthusiast in Hawaii, I would like to thank you guys who submitted testimony on this bill HB1178 and HB63.

Aloha

Dude what the fuck is up with your state?

Its like an old cranky coked up Sarah Palin is in charge.

What next no pig roasts or hula dancers beacuse Muslims who visit HI might get offended?

Fuck this shit man.

J

What a bunch of CRAP! I wish you guys the best out in the 808 hope this nonsense does not get approved.

What the hell!?!??!?! So if you own a Chevy with 6x9's and a factory alarm then what? If you own a ford with 6x8's all around then what? This isn't even going after ANYTHING HARMFUL!!?? What problem does this solve? Is that guy serious? Bass causes NAUSEA? :WTFBubble: Good GOD DAMN! I wanna go to Hawaii where people drive by with beat so loud it'll make you puke at 3am! :rofl2:

EDIT: " It affects them they can feel it, it keeps them awake causes them nausea gives them a headache, we got to control it. It's out of control! " said Oshiro

We shoulda got this in a Steve Meade vid. It would've spread like crazy.

Edited by An-i-no

I have sent this Bill to CNN and hope to get a public outcry started.

J

Copied from the facebook page against this bill by Carmina Ahmed,

"The Bill has been Permanently deferred at the recommendation of Rep Oshiro when he was faced with overwhelming opposition. Thank you all for your support! Now we need to look at the alarm bill. Stay tuned."

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_133424136725359&ap=1

Reading some comments on there just shows why people get fed up from bass. Because the guy is against it, you shouldn't be wanting to go by and blast your stereo at 3AM to annoy him, just shows why he wanted it gone in the first place. People just need to have some respect. Know how powerful your system is and make good choices when you're playing it. It's easy.

". He doesn't like loud noise around him, maybe we should barrage this fool all night long with noise." :suicide-santa:

And you need a facebook account to view. No thanks.