onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Sexy!

Like the amp guts showing.

I know you have been playing it, and????????????

Looks Awesome and there is enough room for a SSA party in there!!!

If there was no smoke then I guess it's time to get tuning!

Thanks. For now I'm leaving the cover off so I can get to the gain and power output knobs. The cover over hangs the area where the knobs are making it a pain to get to. There was no smoke once everything was connected. A hellashious spark was let out when I made the final connection completing the circuit. Not a short, but the kind you get when your hooking up a car battery, only this time it was multiplied by 9 car batteries. Needless to say it caught me off guard and left me speaking spanish slurrs as I did an inventory check of all my digits. :P As for how it sounds, effing loud. This is my first go at something this extravagant. Last time I thought I was loud was in my 86 Mustang GT with a single Mach5Audio SPL12 off a DD M1 and a stock electrical. Needless to say this setup puts that one to shame. No metering just yet. The gains have been precisely set a quarter turn up from minimum and the amp power output knob is set to 50% output in hopes of me not burning something up. With a quick calibration of the MS8 I did a test run. For me it's loud enough to make me want to gag, I can feel it in my throat. There are rattles in and around the rear barn doors that will need to be addressed. There is also a hint of alternator whine coming in through the front speakers. A quick re-route of the RCAs feeding the Crescendo amp should fix that. Then I'll go through the paces of tuning everything. :)

That is one nice looking install man! Love the creativity and craftsmanship!

it looks amazing man. the battery rack lift was a brilliant idea rather than what my dumb ass would have tried to do. a quarter turn on the gain is enough for you? come on, go half!!!!! :morepower1: , sorry, i just wanted to use that guy. looks even better every time i look at the build.

and as for battery spark, ask ramrod what i did every time we hooked, and unhooked his 3 XS 3400s. i nearly peed my pants the first time

Edited by Mtopper

Battery rack looks absolutely sick :fing34:

So when can I come check it out?!?!!?!?!?!?!

That is one nice looking install man! Love the creativity and craftsmanship!

Thanks. :drink40:

it looks amazing man. the battery rack lift was a brilliant idea rather than what my dumb ass would have tried to do. a quarter turn on the gain is enough for you? come on, go half!!!!! :morepower1: , sorry, i just wanted to use that guy. looks even better every time i look at the build.

and as for battery spark, ask ramrod what i did every time we hooked, and unhooked his 3 XS 3400s. i nearly peed my pants the first time

Thanks. Prior to the battery rack lift I was considering lifting each rack individually with a single transmission jack and making all the connections in vehicle. Can you say "short" city. :P I did try making a similar lift board for a 3 ton jack using a pipe welded to a small steel plate then bolting the board to the plate. Lack of balance scrapped that plan. I;m glad I took my time, last thing I wanted was for the battery rack to take a swan dive. Lol. I wish someone would have posted some sort of warning to watch out when hooking up the batteries. That sh!t was scary. :roflmao:

Battery rack looks absolutely sick :fing34:

Awesome!

Thanks fellas. :drink40:

So when can I come check it out?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I've got a busy weekend with the little ones. Next week is looking good. :dancing:

24 pages of win. I vote for plexi glass casing on the amp ;)

o_o Oh my, thanks. Plexi? I phucking love plexi! Sounds like someone's puttin' the pressure on to go for broke. :trippy:

x2 :morepower1:

:ohnoes9: More peer pressure! Stay tuned fellas. I'll get this bish tuned right then I tidy things up a bit. :drink40:

39450267.jpg

Speechless... absolutely amazing...and still seats 9. What is the box tuned at? Has me curious on what it would meter...

Excellent work! You left no detail out and did everything in good time.

39450267.jpg

Speechless... absolutely amazing...and still seats 9. What is the box tuned at? Has me curious on what it would meter...

Lol, that sum funny sh!t, that pic and all. The jokesterr that designed the box scoffed at me for asking the same question. Here is the designers reply.

"The enclosure isn’t “tuned.” You may be confusing this for a bass-reflex (ported) enclosure; this is a rear-loading horn with an effective response bandwidth starting in the upper 20Hz. For the woofers’ protection, set your subsonic filter between 25Hz and 30Hz."

Wonk, wonk wonk. :P

Excellent work! You left no detail out and did everything in good time.

Thanks. I figure I post every detail for legitimacy. :P I don't know about in good time, but I did have a good time through out. :P

Jesus, mary, and joeseph that's some sick ish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Question is can you fit all that into and extended cab Sierra for me? Pwease?

So, most of the parts are in. There's some fabricating that still needs to be figured out, but what the heck. Let's get the show started. Here is a pic of the ride:

2004 Suburban Work Truck Edition. It's white and has a rubber mat instead of carpeting on the floor. The interior, vinyl. 5.3 V8 and it's 4WD.

DSC01757.jpg

The main source is a Alpine IVA-NAV-1 with a pair of Concept headrest monitors for the rear passengers. No pics yet :(

Here is the front stage:

DSC01230.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01490.jpg

Precision Power 355cs components in q-logic kicks, but wait there's more. o_o Can you guess what these are?

DSC01759.jpg

One more pic.

08.png

Are those precision comps pretty good??

I saw some on amazon for a pretty decent price.

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-S2-65C-Sedona-Component/dp/B003VCHZYS

Do you work at a fab shop? By the looks of the blue edges on your metal it looks laser cut.

I am a machinist now but I am a fabricator at heart. Again you do excellent work.

So I guess output is consistent at ~28+ to whatever lpf is set to, or does output increase as frequency increases? Either way, I bet its nasty loud. How do you plan on setting the gain? Ear, dmm, o-scope....meades new distortion meter.. :peepwall: lol This install is flawless.

Hey Hugo I was thinking maybe on the 17th or somewhere around there. I'll be meeting up with Jon to pick up a couple new toys for my Caddy then. Not sure where we will park with that beast Tahoe, though. Maybe more State Troopers this time? l :roflmao:

Are those precision comps pretty good??

I saw some on amazon for a pretty decent price.

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-S2-65C-Sedona-Component/dp/B003VCHZYS

The PPI comps I have are pretty good. When I picked these up they were all the rage because supposedly they were a re-badged high end A/D/S set or something like that. As for the ones linked I have no experience with those. :( My guess is they'll play pretty good, but it you want them loud you'll have to up your crossover point to them. :fing34:

Do you work at a fab shop? By the looks of the blue edges on your metal it looks laser cut.

I am a machinist now but I am a fabricator at heart. Again you do excellent work.

No it's a manufacturing facility I work at. The parts were actually cut on a CNC Plasma cutter. I've got a vid of some of the parts I cut a few pages back in case you want to watch. Thanks. :drink40:

So I guess output is consistent at ~28+ to whatever lpf is set to, or does output increase as frequency increases? Either way, I bet its nasty loud. How do you plan on setting the gain? Ear, dmm, o-scope....meades new distortion meter.. :peepwall: lol This install is flawless.

I'm guessing output should be pretty flat since it's for music. I'll find out for sure when I get it on the RTA. It is pretty loud. I just eye balled the gain and set the power output to 50%, just to play it safe. I'd like to know what the limits are with an o-scope for comp purposes, but for music I'll just wing it by ear. :P Thanks.

Hey Hugo I was thinking maybe on the 17th or somewhere around there. I'll be meeting up with Jon to pick up a couple new toys for my Caddy then. Not sure where we will park with that beast Tahoe, though. Maybe more State Troopers this time? l :roflmao:

That will work. Drop me a PM a few days ahead. No Troopers this time. :)

o_o Oh my, thanks. Plexi? I phucking love plexi! Sounds like someone's puttin' the pressure on to go for broke. :trippy:

:ohnoes9: More peer pressure! Stay tuned fellas. I'll get this bish tuned right then I tidy things up a bit. :drink40:

You know plexi would be insane! :)

"If you aren't broke, your system isn't done!"

You know plexi would be insane! :)

"If you aren't broke, your system isn't done!"

I'm Broke. And my system is just gettin started. :suicide-santa: But i just spent all my money on the build stuff. Build log soooooon. :dancing:

UPDATES!!!! :woot:

What's up everybody? My trusty camera decided to go tits up. :( I tried the wife's Nikon but I just couldn't get along with it. I've been so looking forward to getting some pics and vids posted of the finished setup. I ordered up a replacement camera and have been waiting patiently. The day has arrived. Keeping true to my build nothing is left undocumented, so here it is:

DSC03672.jpg

DSC03674.jpg

DSC03678.jpg

DSC03675.jpg

Sh!t happens when you go for broke. :shrug: Not to worry though, the guys at Tuff Stuff are taking care of it. :thanx:

:peepwall:

Wow that's nuts!

Glad to hear they are backing you up!