onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

When you got the alt situation figured out, I NEED videos!

very class act to get it fixed for you. still waiting on some beastly videos being taken though

Oh my your suburban looks great, batt rack is very clean, along with the alts, wiring and amp/woofers :drink40:

When you got the alt situation figured out, I NEED videos!

Most definitely. :fing34:

Is there usually a keyway on the shaft or is the pulley just a press fit?

There is actually suppose to be threads on the shaft. A nut a lock-washer hold the pulley in place. No key on the shaft. There is a step on the rotor on the backside of the front bearing. The nut and lock-washer pinch the pulley and bearing against the step on the rotor. There is also a step on the pulley to only press up against the bearing race.

very class act to get it fixed for you. still waiting on some beastly videos being taken though

Definitely good people. :fing34: As soon as I'm up and running I get some vids made. :)

Oh my your suburban looks great, batt rack is very clean, along with the alts, wiring and amp/woofers :drink40:

Thanks. :fing34:

DSC03675.jpg

That's a kick in the nuts!!! Lock-tight? Hope it does not keep you down long!

That's a kick in the nuts!!! Lock-tight? Hope it does not keep you down long!

Ouch?! When you say it like that, it does hurt. :P Yeah, a little lock-tite for the next go-round. :) Probably be down for the better part of a week and a half. Oh well. :shrug:

Thats crazy. There is zero sign there was ever threads there. Thats what confused me, I was looking at it saying to myself what the hell is going on here.

saw the multi alts, drooled. saw what was missing, cringed.

gl gettin her back up and running. absolutely amazing build thus far. your fab work is spectacular.

Finally, I'm back and running. The new alt is in, just had to improvise a bit on the replacement belt. Since I already had a longer belt lying around from my quad alt bracket mis-fit experiment. I opted to use the longer belt with the original idler pulleys the bracket came with. Any who, here is a pic of finished product.

DSC00038.jpg

Here are some pics of the finished battery rack install.

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Here is a shot from the front seats looking towards the rear. :P

DSC00072.jpg

:P

Got to show the processor and front stage amp some love.

DSC00068.jpg

Here are some pics of the subs and amp.

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Lastly, a little bling. :)

DSC00052.jpg

:woot:

Glad you're back up and running. Battery tray looks great. :drink40:

looking good as always.from cream puffs to sleds.....

any plans for bigger calipers and breaks... ? that was one of the first things i did to the black one.. and i was glad i did. i know that girl is HEAVY.

cant wait to hear it.

Glad you got the alt straightened out. Thanks for the picture tour!! Have to say that is one beast of an amp with all that 1/0 feeding it! Great Work!!

Sexay :wub:

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. :fing34: Glad you guys are enjoying the build.

Here is a little walk through vid. It's a bit raw and the wind noise is horrific at times so careful with the volume. :P Hope you guys enjoy. Let me know what you all think.

:)

Great vid!! Damn that wind was kickin'!!!

Awesome build!!

Great ideas and craftsmanship!! Make your place of employment work for you!!

Finally someone that knows how to take a video. I hate it when most people keep whipping the camera around and you can't see anything without pausing the video a million times.

I'd love to know what you like/dislike about the horn enclosure versus a ported enclosure.

How well, over how big of a freq. range, does the horn loaded enclosure control excursion versus a ported enclosure?

Last but not least, how about some action vids. We want to see some wangin.

Great vid!! Damn that wind was kickin'!!!

Thanks. :fing34: As for the wind, honestly it wasn't bad at all. It's just the dang mic on the camera is super sensitive.

Awesome build!!

Great ideas and craftsmanship!! Make your place of employment work for you!!

Finally someone that knows how to take a video. I hate it when most people keep whipping the camera around and you can't see anything without pausing the video a million times.

I'd love to know what you like/dislike about the horn enclosure versus a ported enclosure.

How well, over how big of a freq. range, does the horn loaded enclosure control excursion versus a ported enclosure?

Last but not least, how about some action vids. We want to see some wangin.

Glad you liked it all and thanks. :woot:

I appreciate you comments about my video capturing skillz. I feel your pain about whipping cameras around, it gets to me too.

As for having a preference for either a horn or a ported alignment, I have none. I just figured I try giving this nice equipment some justice and have someone with experience tailor a design for my application. I had fun building the box. I liked the challenge, and since I don't have all the equipment to do a proper job I got to meet some interesting people that helped me out along the way. Mainly the panel saw operators at the local Home Depot and a nosy neighbor with some serious table saw skills. :P Now that it's running it sounds all the same. At this noise level it's just violent. I guess any alignment properly done shouldn't sound like anything but the music it's reproducing. The response of this design is down to 25Hz. I set the crossover point between the subs and the mid-bass is set at 60hz.

Action vids are on the way. :morepower1:

400x.jpg

LOL!

I've got another walk through vid. This time its of the battery rack setup and some of the electrical connections. Let me know what you all think.

:)

im starting to think that thing dont play music!!!