onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Its looking really good buddy. It's nice to see someone from this city bringing it all to the table. I really wish I had the time and patients for something like that. Or maybe I'm making excuses since I'm terrified of working on the Caddy myself. lol

Can't wait for a demo! :drink40:

Its looking really good buddy. It's nice to see someone from this city bringing it all to the table. I really wish I had the time and patients for something like that. Or maybe I'm making excuses since I'm terrified of working on the Caddy myself. lol

Can't wait for a demo! :drink40:

Lol! Thanks. I guess as long as you don't mess with the body a couple of cuts to the floor and the firewall ain't gonna hurt nobody. :P My brother is bummed that I'm in SATX now. He said he wanted this build to come from our home town of El Paso, since nothing good ever represents El Paso. :P

Thats it im saving up for a cnc plasma cutter.......

:) Just don't waste you time with those hobby machines they sell in Hot Rod magazine. A buddy of mine bought one and we've been through hell and back trying to get it going right. Sadly the electronics those things come with don't support enough parameters to properly operate a plasma. On the other hand the machine at work was just over $90k and it was a floor model. o_o I'd recommend learning a CAD software and figure out what the local metal and machine shops use. If you can help them they can always return the favor. :fing34:

you're work is amazing note!!!

Wow, what incredible vision and work you got going on here.

And um, yeah I see the need for the medication that you talk about a few pages ago. lol

Everything thing looks tits...Keep up the awesome work...

you're work is amazing note!!!

Thanks. :drink40:

what the f***

Indeed. o_o

Wow, what incredible vision and work you got going on here.

And um, yeah I see the need for the medication that you talk about a few pages ago. lol

Everything thing looks tits...Keep up the awesome work...

Some days are better than others. :) We start with desire and envision the final product. It's figuring out the in between that takes time. Like the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day. Thanks for hanging in. :fing34:

Hit me up with the info.. I may still be in Tx then! It'd be great to do a build with you! I need something sexy for the stang!

Alright guys and gals, today's update is short and sweet. Tonight is Glee night with my girls. :)

After yesterdays fiasco I got the mounting flange updated and ready to go. Here it is fitted in place.

DSC03576.jpg

With the mounting holes located I was able to my favorite tools to create mounting provisions for the sump.

DSC03577.jpg

Now it's time to weld up the sump. Gosh that is a lousy name for my creation. From here on out it shall be called "the wiring chingadera" ;) My parts prepped and ready for welding.

DSC03578.jpg

The parts are self fixturing, fancy wording for they fit together without external forces. :P

DSC03579.jpg

Here are my first tacks. Yes I used a jack stand to hold things down. :P

DSC03580.jpg

The sides are in place. Fit is looking good, very happy with the way this is turning out.

DSC03581.jpg

Here is got it all tacked together.

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

I got the grommets in place to verify fit.

DSC03584.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

Here's the wiring chingadera in place.

DSC03586.jpg

Here is a shot from the outside. The wooden rods are still in place for a little visual of how the cables will be routed.

DSC03591.jpg

The wire chingadera isn't done just yet. I just got a little ancie and put everything in. I still need to seal the edges and corners of the wiring chingadera with a little silicone and paint it to prevent rust. Then it will be done. :P

:)

:droolcup:

Hit me up with the info.. I may still be in Tx then! It'd be great to do a build with you! I need something sexy for the stang!

Texas Heatwave

Check it out. :)

now that was an awesome idea. you are for sure talented.

I agree with ^^^^"very talented".

That looks awesome Sir and it's a very good idea imho.

Shiit I'll probably be back home by then... I'd love to see the truck!

Anyone for a random hole in the floor?

DSC03604.jpg

Well maybe not that random. This is where the power and ground cables will go through to connect to the amp.

DSC03605.jpg

After putting some reference marks I drilled and installed a few rivnuts. Got to love easy removal and re-installation. :P

DSC03606.jpg

I went a different route with the grommet plate. I dimpled the center of the hole locations with a center punch. Then followed up by using a hand punch to punch out the holes. It leaves a cleaner hole than using a drill, but it takes a bit of beans to punch through 16 gauge steel. :)

DSC03608.jpg

Here is the grommet plate in place. Another item checked off the things to do list. :woot:

DSC03610.jpg

Well I don't know how to church this up, so I'll just come out and say it. I got a bit ahead of myself and effed up. :( I got all excited about my wiring hold down bracket and wiring chingadera that I overlooked the fact that I need fuses before the battery bank. :noob:

I ditched the wiring hold down bracket and opted to mount my fuse holders in the same area on the cross-member. As you can see by the scribe makes it took a couple of tries before I liked what I saw.

DSC03612.jpg

The fuse holders were just a whisker too long to mount directly onto the cross-member, so I whipped up this little piece of fanciness. o_o

DSC03614.jpg

Here are the fuse holders in place. I'm glad I caught this before I cut and installed the power cables.

DSC03617.jpg

The rain finally decided to visit San Antonio, so I decided to wrap things up for the day with a little painting. Since these parts just need a simple coating for rust prevention I opted to use my speedy painter contraption. I'll let the pics do the talking. :P

DSC03621.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

:)

Awesome fuse holder bracket!!!! You'll have power on tap soon!!! What you gonna amaze us with next?? Hmm...

Awesome fuse holder bracket!!!! You'll have power on tap soon!!! What you gonna amaze us with next?? Hmm...

Thanks, hopefully a finished system. :roflmao:

Thanks, hopefully a finished system. :roflmao:

:woot: Turn it up!!!!

Pssssh! :greddy2:

Doing it once is all fine and dandy, the real test will come when I park my Yukon in his driveway and see if he can do it again.

-----------------

@ Sefugi

BTW, just noticed your location. LOL :drink40:

Coming along nicely, some nice pieces you have fabbed up. :drink40:

Pssssh! :greddy2:

Doing it once is all fine and dandy, the real test will come when I park my Yukon in his driveway and see if he can do it again.

o_o I guess it time to nut up or shut up. :peepwall:

Coming along nicely, some nice pieces you have fabbed up. :drink40:

Thanks. :drink40:

I got some more work done today. I started painting some of the brackets and reinstalling them. One of the first ones to get done was the fuse holder bracket. One thing I did was put a dab of silicone on the fuse holder mounting screws. Just a little added security to prevent arcing since the bracket is mounted directly to ground.

DSC03633.jpg

Here is a shot of the fat silicone bead I put down to seal the wiring chingadera.

DSC03634.jpg

I also put a bead of silicone one the backside of the wiring chingadera for good measure.

DSC03635.jpg

Here it is the wiring chingadera installed for good along with the cable grommets.

DSC03637.jpg

I also got the grommet plate installed. This is where the wiring to the amps will pass through.

DSC03638.jpg

With the grommet plate installed. I could now look at where the wiring from the battery rack is going to run to the amp. I got the rear row of the amp rack in with the batteries and buss-bars. Here is a shot of the positive side. The three bolt heads are where the cables are going to connect to. Right above them on the body I marked where the fuse holders will bolt to.

DSC03640.jpg

The negative side is done in similar fashion. Instead of fuse holders I use some modified cable hold down brackets. Here is a shot of the evolution of the 4 cable hold down morphing into a 3 cable hold down bracket.

DSC03642.jpg

Here is a shot of me making do with what I got. The heads of the screws I'm using to mount the fuse holders are too big to fit in the fuse holder counterbores. Since I don't have a lathe at home I used the next best thing, a cheap drill press and a file. If you dare try this yourself careful not the hit the drill chuck with the file. The last thing you want is to kick back the file into the palm of your hand. :P

DSC03645.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the installed fuse holders and ground cable hold-downs.

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03654.jpg

Here is a close up of the positive side with the batteries in place.

DSC03656.jpg

And the negative side.

DSC03657.jpg

:ninja:

:drink40:

This has been one of my favorite builds to watch. I have honestly seen so many things I wish I had done with mine.

This is going to rock solid when your done Homie. Keep up the good work~!

Getting closer with every peice installed! I'm ready for this bad boy to make some noise!!

:drink40:

This has been one of my favorite builds to watch. I have honestly seen so many things I wish I had done with mine.

This is going to rock solid when your done Homie. Keep up the good work~!

Thanks, I just hope the battery rack doesn't end up in some parking lot after I go over a speed bump. :P

Getting closer with every peice installed! I'm ready for this bad boy to make some noise!!

You and me both. :rofl2: