tejcurrent

T3 Audio TSNS 18 + Soundigital 16k

Thanks! I'm not 100% sure since it's been a few months, I want to say 3003 off the top of my head. Don't hold me to it though.

Word. Me and Lance is trying to figure out which grade/type to go with.

I got a graph that shows the specs of each grade and it can be a big difference compared to 99.99%. Just curious on what other people use.

But, did you cut the little ones for each fuse yourself?

I'm wondering how to cut it and to get it to look like it has been cut. If you know what I mean.

just use allow 6061\6063

The alloy in the 1100s is awesome but for the price difference and only an increase of conductivity of around 10%, it's not worth it.

Word. Me and Lance is trying to figure out which grade/type to go with.

I got a graph that shows the specs of each grade and it can be a big difference compared to 99.99%. Just curious on what other people use.

But, did you cut the little ones for each fuse yourself?

I'm wondering how to cut it and to get it to look like it has been cut. If you know what I mean.

Honestly I wouldn't use a 1100 for busbars unless you're just drilling holes straight through with no thread. Like the copper busbars pictured earlier the softer metals are too soft for my preference. The copper for instance is so soft it gets 'gummy' when trying to thread it. A slightly harder alloy makes it better for machine work, and if you go 'beefy' it wont make a noticeable difference.

The whole busbar setup started out as one 1" x 2" x 10' aluminum bar- which can be purchased between $75-200 depending on where you buy. I have a metal chop saw- this one actually:

body.jpg

You could just use a miter saw with a metal blade, should work fine if you take your time with it. If you mean the actual holes that was done on a Bridgeport:

wpbabcdbf4_0f.jpg

wpbabcdbf4_0f.jpg

Avatar worthy pic right there ^^^. What a beauty. :wub:

Word. What you says make sense now.

I need to be able to tap the holes, so therefore need a different grade than 99%.

Using a milling machine FTW. I have access to one, not a computer controled one, but still should work fine.

To bad I'm not working at my old job, machine shop, I could of easly got them to do everything for me. Or done it myself.

I semi miss running CNCs all day.

As long as you have half an idea of what you're doing you could do most of it with a drill press- which it sounds like you shouldn't have any problems getting it going.

I met a machinist who got MRSA and almost died from respiratory failure. I forget the details but he was breathing some crap in he shouldn't have while running the machines and got the infection. :suicide-santa:

I got pulled for tint Sunday, I guess I was due after 4 years in this vehicle with a layer of 5% and a layer of 20%.

amprack33.jpg

Court is in 2 weeks, a Wednesday I think, so I set up an appointment to have my tint removed that Monday

Then Friday I'll be putting the new tint on :woot: I never had my windshield tinted, but I figured I'd put on a layer of 45% up front too. The way I'm looking at it is as long as I don't have to pay full price on the fine I'll have the extra cash to upgrade the tint. I'm not the kind of person who's like 'f the police' or anything, I have no tickets on my license, etc etc, but seeing my one kid get sunburned while sitting in a family members car last summer I'll keep my tint.

I got pulled for tint Sunday, I guess I was due after 4 years in this vehicle with a layer of 5% and a layer of 20%.

amprack33.jpg

Court is in 2 weeks, a Wednesday I think, so I set up an appointment to have my tint removed that Monday

Then Friday I'll be putting the new tint on :woot: I never had my windshield tinted, but I figured I'd put on a layer of 45% up front too. The way I'm looking at it is as long as I don't have to pay full price on the fine I'll have the extra cash to upgrade the tint. I'm not the kind of person who's like 'f the police' or anything, I have no tickets on my license, etc etc, but seeing my one kid get sunburned while sitting in a family members car last summer I'll keep my tint.

I like your thinking :D

I'm not sure if this is legal or what in your state, but in AZ, you can go to an eye doctor and they can give you some form of permission to get your front windshield tinted, and if you get pulled over you just show them and they leave you alone.

I only got a little bit of work done today, but I didn't have much time and I probably wont have spare time again for at least a few days.

amprack34.jpg

Trying to figure out the dimensions I want the opening:

amprack35.jpg

amprack36.jpg

And the hole cut in the top plate:

amprack37.jpg

amprack38.jpg

Laying the bars out on the base:

amprack39.jpg

I was going to measure and mark the holes to drill with a ruler, but I forgot I had my special deep-hole marking pencil:

amprack40.jpg

amprack41.jpg

False floor in place with busbars angled with the seats:

amprack42.jpg

amprack43.jpg

A few more adjustments for wiring:

amprack44.jpg

And a few coats of paint on the floor:

amprack45.jpg

amprack46.jpg

I love the way that looks, I wish I had half of your fabrication skills lol.

I've always noticed Troy takes his time on his installs, and always goes the extra mile on little detials.

Also, about the tint. I hate tint laws. I wish they would come up with solutions to get by with dark tint.

As in SC, the law got changed to the way it is, because a Cop got shot when he pulled over a car that had dark tint. And he didn't know the guy had a gun pointed at him when he walked up.

I figured if you wanted dark tint, if you get pulled over, you should forced to roll down all your windows. Or if you don't then give you a ticket for it. Kinda best of both worlds.

And I Totally understand about child. Nothing could stop me from pretecting mine if I had one.

But on a SUV, I think its legal to have however dark you want on the back 5 windows. Or that's how it used to be.

Thanks! I figure things can look good in pics, but I'm doing this for myself and I have to live with it if I do a crap job. I'd rather tear it out and start over if I mess up than fudge it. Actually I did that today. I bought a huge sheet of vinyl (adhesive sticker crap) to cover the busbar rack. Glossy and looked awesome, but I couldn't get it to lay down right. I got a few creases in it and it ruined the whole look. I removed it, sanded things with some 220, and threw down paint since I can do that half decent lol. A $40 mistake I learned from anyway. :greddy2:

I knew right away why I was getting pulled. I've been careful not to get a ticket but with the kids + wife in the car I didn't see the cop till I was up on him. Normally I roll a window down as I pass so he can see me out of courtesy and not wanting a ticket but didn't have time. When he walked up to the car I rolled my sunroof open and all the windows down, had my little kids staring at him the whole time.

I understand the law, but I had my windows all down, a regular guy out with the family on a Sunday morning, going the speed limit and all. He just wanted to write me a ticket and get that money. :suicide-santa: Anyway, it's a good excuse to replace the chipped tint from careless passengers. :)

That sucks about the tint. Such a shit ticket to give. I can understand pulling someone to see who is in there and taking a peak to see whats going on, but come on! That's a warning ticket.

I better not get a ticket when I head your way next week! HaHa

If it was a SC State Trooper, give me a call I can help you out there. CPD, sorry.

The state of Michigan says that there is no tint allowed on the front 3 windows (driver, passenger, windshield) unless written script from doctor. The back windows can go as dark as you like.

In 2 years of driving with tint, i've only been pulled over once and i don't blame them. I have stock 17% on the rear 5, 20% on my driver passenger, and 35% on the windshield. I have a script explaining "patient has extreme photophobia and needs tinted lens windows to drive safely". I just took that a step further.

Anyways, the buss bars look great along with the rack and cover.

Beautiful work on the buss bar setup!! Waitin' for more!

Seems now a days it only takes a few criminals to make life(freedom) difficult for the law abiding.

Thanks guys,

Lance, you'll get a call it was a trooper. :peepwall:

A bit more work done, but the files were corrupted and I lost most of the pics. Here's what remains:

1/4" plexi, vinyl wrapped the 'lid'

amprack47.jpg

From just the right angle you can see the aluminum fasteners for the plexi. :suicide-santa:

amprack48.jpg

amprack49.jpg

amprack50.jpg

Looking to clean up my fuse holders under the hood. It's just a thin mockup, but you get the idea.

amprack51.jpg

amprack52.jpg

amprack53.jpg

Love the plexi and bottom enclosure for amps and bars, kinda a shame there's a seat hiding it 99% of the time.

Agreed on the seat covering it, really looks nice, and those bars and fuses under that glass is gonna be sweet!!

Thanks, I still have a long way to go :suicide-santa:

All these left to hand sand and polish

amprack54.jpg

So I decided to at least hook up my existing 4 + 4 - runs of 1/0 and 4ch amp so I can get some music while I drive

amprack55.jpg

amprack56.jpg

Once I get a few more blocks ready I'll hook up the 16k- with just 1 alt and battery though so pretty tame till the alts are in and the battery rack welded up.

Everything looks great!

What is your process for polishing the aluminum?