tejcurrent

T3 Audio TSNS 18 + Soundigital 16k

Yep, thought so. Those bars under glass are sweet!! Keep it up, each step is getting you closer. :drink40:

Thanks!

Its a really tedious process with this aluminum. Maybe there's a better way, but here's what I've done:

Powered sander:

110 grit

220 grit

hand sand

Wet sand with

Polish with buffing wheel and aluminum polish. You get a mirrored look just after the 2000, but a quick buff gives it a 'deep' mirror look, but without the excessive sanding you see scratches and even skipping the 2000 gives you a hazy finished product.

Trying like hell to get 3 more TSNS 18's, but they're hard to find- T3 is low on stock until 2012 :ughdunno:

Damn, that sucks Troy.

They dont have 3 laying around? And why would it take 8 months to get more instock?! That sounds strange?

Sell and switch to zcons or n2s :P

That is if the wait is going to be a year...

Looking nice Troy.

Damn if I would have the patience to polish those bars.

The redneck is right tho, your builds have always had those nice little finishing touches that no one really knows how much time it took you to pull off just that it looks really nice.

Sell and switch to zcons or n2s :P

That is if the wait is going to be a year...

I don't think those sub could quiet take the power Troy is planning on running.

I love Fi and SSA as much as anybody, but a 3inch coil is only going to take so much.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice words!

Man I'm learning patience, I love doing builds but as you can see from the stack of unfinished aluminum I HATE polishing these bars. It's tedious and boring, but I want the result bad enough I'll put in an hour here and there. I talked to a shop that wanted a few hundred to do it for me- which honestly is almost worth it but I like saying I did it myself.

I've considered BTLs, DC LVL 5, and ZCONs, and numerous options if T3 can't make another 3 to match (or I can't find them quickly and recone to have 3 new matching subs.) If this happens I've looked into the Treo CXTs, RD SHW (not really an option), Soundstream XXX, and DC Lvl 6. The TSNS at this point is my favorite option so I hope it works out. I've even considered 6 3" coil 15s but I don't want to do that.

They ran out of stock and instead of buying parts elsewhere they are going to be making the motors in house- buying magnetizer(s) and such, so they estimate 2012 before they start making new T2000 and TSNS subs. At least thats what I get from their posts in a nut shell.

Troy, I honestly wouldnt go with a Treo or RD or possible the level 6(have you seen the prices? PM me I know a DC dealer well)

The SS XXX wouldn't be a terrible choice.(I have mixed feelings though)

I know you might not wanna hear this but, a AA SMD is prolly your best option. That is if you can't get anymore T3. But I know why your prolly not looking at those but personally I think its a BMF sub.

But if prices on DC, PM me. I'll give you dealer price to give you a idea.

I don't think the SS XXX are strong enough to handle their rated power ! 10400 watts rms !!!!

4000 seems to be too much for them. They have big success in my country, but blow fast !!! Maybe it's user error though. So, don't take it for granted !!!

No woofer can handle that amount of power, daily, forever.

No woofer can handle that amount of power, daily, forever.

* no woofer being produced now can handle that much daily, forever.

I'm sure one can be designed to handle whatever. It might cost you a arm leg and testicle, but that's besides the point.

Thanks guys, ford302redneck- got an email today that I should be able to pick up the remaining the TSNS 18's :woot: If anything falls through I'll get in touch.

I'm going to drop my old box that housed the 4 btl 18s in when the subs arrive just to test. It's been out in my shed for a few years, so I don't expect it to be in peak shape, but it should be an interesting drop-in comparison. It's already fiberglassed so that should be a plus. Then I'll work on the new box as I have time- and see how these like 20ft @ 36Hz and 240sq of port.

I'm not saying price isn't a factor, but it does seem you get what you pay for with most things. I would rather spend a bit more and get what I want than wind up unhappy. I must say this sub is my favorite to date, and honestly I haven't found any 'cheap' 4" coil driver. I would trust most good subs (BTL, ZCON, DC LVL 5, etc) to handle 3500 rms for music, but I should have even fewer problems with this.

That's great news, can't wait for those videos your gonna post of 4'm playing :P

I agree you get what you pay for, but the DC is really expensive because of that basket. Which doesn't really enhance performance. They went the cheaper tooling cost but higher actually cost to make route. Ill say 4 TSNS is half the price of DC if you get a "hook" up price.

I think the RD and Treo is kinda expensive also. I know the SHW use to be very costly, which I didn't understand why. It doesn't have anything special about it other than 4inch coil.

Treo just wants a arm and leg for anything,and seems they don't update their line much.

But I'm very picky, I look at things closely and pick out flaws, a critic is a good way to deserve how I view things.

I got two flex videos of Troys old setup on my Youtube.

Youtube/ford302redneck.

In case anybody wants to see. There not the best, but oh well.

Thanks! Man I remember that, the truck had soo much more in it but I couldn't get the juice. I've had people bust my balls on the score, but 153.4 sealed at that show wasn't my highest, and it was at 32Hz. :ughdunno: I'm hoping I'll get down to meter the one TSNS before the others arrive- they'll probably be here in 1-2 weeks. :dancing:

Wasn't nothing wrong with that score, seeing you didn't hardly have any testing.

I'm sure a 155 was pretty reachable, if you had fully tested.

Most people that down scores, have no idea or have ever been that loud. That's one reason Meade doesn't post scores. Everybody will give him shit for days, even though they have no idea. They just see a straight burp SPL car doing 170 with similar equipment, so if he's not doing that, its not loud.

So never be ashamed of a score, my Mustang did 137.5 and I loved that setup.

Ill give another example, Jake posted a video on youtube of him doing 153.4dB(funny same score) but at 53hz with 1 15 SA and 2 3500ds. But that isn't quiet the same, just people will compare it.

Hell if it was easy to do 1 15 instead of 4 18s then why does people spend all that money if its not needed? You know?

I hooked up the Soundigital amp, I figured if I wait much longer shipping insurance wouldn't cover it if it didn't work or something so I had to check it out. Works good, and I can say I have no clue what people are talking about when they say the SD amps don't play the lows. It sounds just like it did off my 4 channel amp, just louder.

I have less charging upgrades that when I was running the 1000.1 so I can't turn it up as much, but it's loud. It's pretty obvious after just a few minutes of playing around this amp has more power at 4 ohms than the 1000.1- so I'm pretty excited to clamp it with a few alts and batteries.

People just tried to bag on them, without having one :)

Looking like a sick sick build with a single 18" woofer. Im liking the but loads of 1/0 AWG wire for supreme amounts of current. :morepower1: