mfishmike

Single Cabinet and Dual RL-p 15's for Home Theater

I think you would be defeating the intention of the design you are referring to. The passives would probably take away the effects that particular configuration was design to excel in. You probably won't find the passive radiators in the M & K line of subs.

Send Daniel an email with your idea. I've shared thoughts with him in the past and find him to very knowledgable and a very fine fellow. He's been around a long time and has worked primarily with the subwoofer designs. He will email you back.

aktiondan@yahoo.com

Mike :D

Edited by mfishmike

Thrilled to hear of your satisfaction Mike!  After the new year rolls around I'll definitely be adding a page to display your setup in our Customer Install's section (as well as one or two others that I've been meaning to get up there as well).  Keep on rockin' and happy holidays!  :domoslay:

Mike,

It's been about 6 to 7 months now since the sub has been finished which represents plenty of break in time, and the bass quality is so realistic and appears to have improved more with this break in time.

I have recently upgraded my satellite system to the 5 LNB Direct TV High Definition dish and the HD H20 receiver. The digital sounds have been improved with the HD channels, and really shows off your drivers in my sub. It can't get any better!

If I build another sub, I won't use the plate amps because what I keep hearing in the audio stores, is that they must have a bass boost that overdrives the bass punches and they almost sound trashey and boxey, unlike the QSC's which only amplifies the actual output signal from the receiver presented to the amplifier's circuit. I still plan on upgrading to the Rotel RB 1090 when I can afford it and get rid of the fan noise I hear from the QSC's. I'll have a pair of the QSC 1450's for sale then.

I see you still haven't added my photo series yet. I don't know how long Photobucket will let me keep those photos online. If you need any other pics, feel free to email me and I can either send them to you or post them at Photobucket if you still intend to post them.

Hope you are having a good year......:)

Thanks, Mike :runlaugh:

Thanks for thinkin' of me Mike - I actually downloaded all your pictures onto my local harddrive last time you linked me to your photobucket album. I'm in the middle of working out a new gallery / upload system to integrate into the SoundSplinter site - in similar fashion to the way people can exhibit their rides over on SoundDomain. Of course, I'm coordinating this with a friend who already works fulltime so it's a little slow to come to fruition. I haven't forgotten about ya, and actually have about four or five customer installs on my local drive that are ready to be displayed - I just haven't had the time or drive to make it happen since I figure the new system will be replacing the old anyway.

At any rate, happy to hear the RL-p's are still treatin' ya so well. I'd love to get some HD reception myself, but my projector's resolution wouldn't even make use of the improved imagery so until I upgrade that, I probably won't bother. Take 'er easy my friend!