ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

I know your happy to have some XCONS, what's the enclosure plans?

long story :P

Had Andrew start building me one for my jeep back in Nov. Then the beginning of this month I told him to hold off cause I'm getting a new car and the box likely wouldn't fit.

Got a new car and the box dimensions fit, so he's going back to finishing it up. Only change is moving the aero ports around so they don't butt up against fenderwell or glass/hatch.

No pictures, but specs are:

31 deep

34 wide

19.85 tall

7.6 cubes @ 33 Hz (3 6" psp aeroports)

single baffle w/ flush mount.

wooden dowel bracing, 45s in corners

So it should be pretty cool :rofl2:

Sounds great! Love seeing Andrews work. When is he gonna post up some pics of the enclosure coming together??

It's tough as is trying to get a hold of him now a days, so I haven't bugged him about pictures, although I'd like to see the progress as well.

But when I get the box I'll be sure to post pictures/

The new ride is pimp! I am tuned fo' sho.:captain:

Little update,

Electrical -- sold the 1500d v2 and got a used saz3000d, small xspower battery 1200(sp?) on the way, H/O alt will have to wait a few months until DC can make a case.

Enclosure -- Andrews still setting up shop, so maybe next month? My pops bought a nice dewalt table saw the other day, so next time I need a box I may just build it myself :P

Sound Deadener -- did the front doors, cargo area, and hatch. Once the xcons are in I'll find out if I need to brace the roof...fuck.

Couple pics and that's it for today.

saz3000.JPG

ipad2.JPG

doorsopen.JPG

headon.JPG

outside.JPG

outsiderear.JPG

:woot: since DC power can't do a case for a while, call mechman. (888-mechman) and ask for matthew. Real nice guy. Im going wig em rather than DC simply because I kno how busy they are and it would be a month or so from whenever I order it to have made. XS Power even recomended Mechman. They have worked with both and said try are very close to performance. I would guess that thy have one for your volvo as well. They ship usually 2-3 days too! :) good luck

Is that an I pad looks sweet, lol i just finished checking out a build on SMD guy put i pad in his tahoe.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102671-18kw-tahoe-gets-an-ipad-and-alpine-ida-x305s/

Yep an iPad with Internet :P

No fancy dash integration tho, my hu doesn't support the iPod cable so I'm just using an aux, but what ever lol

Sic Norma is going to do a fiberglass dash install in his truck pretty soon! Should be really cool.

:woot: since DC power can't do a case for a while, call mechman. (888-mechman) and ask for matthew. Real nice guy. Im going wig em rather than DC simply because I kno how busy they are and it would be a month or so from whenever I order it to have made. XS Power even recomended Mechman. They have worked with both and said try are very close to performance. I would guess that thy have one for your volvo as well. They ship usually 2-3 days too! :) good luck

Only thing is I already have $600 tied up in my current dc alt, so I'm hoping they'll just swap cases and it won't cost me much.

Otherwise I'll need to cut my losses, sell it, and go elsewhere.

I'll wait 3 months and see what dc can do, then I'll go from there.

i dont see a box yet slacker

i dont see a box yet slacker

:P I had Andrew from Argent Audio build me a box, but he stopped for the move and new shop, so I'm hoping I'll get it next month? I know right? :suicide-santa:

Little update,

Electrical -- sold the 1500d v2 and got a used saz3000d, small xspower battery 1200(sp?) on the way, H/O alt will have to wait a few months until DC can make a case.

Enclosure -- Andrews still setting up shop, so maybe next month? My pops bought a nice dewalt table saw the other day, so next time I need a box I may just build it myself :P

Sound Deadener -- did the front doors, cargo area, and hatch. Once the xcons are in I'll find out if I need to brace the roof...fuck.

saz3000.JPG

Nice looking amp you got... You power it up make sure everything was ok... :fing34:

Little update,

saz3000.JPG

Nice looking amp you got... You power it up make sure everything was ok... :fing34:

Yeah I hooked it up just to make sure fedex didn't bang it up. Thanks again man.

Nice build dude. And what you doing with your mids and high stage? Xcons gonna hurt some innocent people lol

Nice build dude. And what you doing with your mids and high stage? Xcons gonna hurt some innocent people lol

Only those who bum rides :P

Right now I just have some coaxial hertz 5 1/4"s in the front doors and some pioneer tweeters in the front dash, all on head unit power. I'm fully aware these will be drowned out, I just put them in to replace stock speakers for the time being.

Moving to a new house with lots of space in a couple weeks. I plan on doing a lot of glassing (learning), until I'm comfortable doing my doors. Thinking about two sets of AA mids per front door and seas tweeters in the dash.

Good stuff Stefan! Everything is coming along great :drink40:

X2!! Bring it on!! :popcorn:

X2!! Bring it on!! :popcorn:

:thanx:

Got a little something in the mail today :P

2011-03-19_12-22-22_401.jpg

Looks nice Bro!

Thanks, it should help out a little bit until I can replace the shit stock alt :drink40:

You will love the XS Power battery. That Sundown amp is amazing as well.

Get a Mechman alt bro, don't waste your time with DC Power.

I already have a DC Alt, cheaper for me to send it in and get a case swap then a whole new alt. Just gotta wait til they get their cnc machines, make a case for my vehicle, ship mine in, get new one back.

They said they could probably make the case in 3-4months, and you know there slow as hell, so I'm figuring I'll have it in hands in say 6 months? :P

So unless someone wants to buy my 230xp alt for a reasonable price...

I already have a DC Alt, cheaper for me to send it in and get a case swap then a whole new alt. Just gotta wait til they get their cnc machines, make a case for my vehicle, ship mine in, get new one back.

They said they could probably make the case in 3-4months, and you know there slow as hell, so I'm figuring I'll have it in hands in say 6 months? :P

Good luck!!!

With my setup using two D3400 and my stock 90a@13.8v alternator I am able to keep my voltage above ~13.5v with ~1800wrms on music on my 25 minute daily commute to and from work. Definitely not ideal but it works for now until I get my Mechman alternator in a week or so.

I use a XS Power charger 1-2 times a week to help keep the batteries in good condition.

If you set your gains to match the available electrical supply from you vehicle you should be able to enjoy your system until you get a higher output alternator. I highly recommend the XS Power 12v charger. If you have the funds get a Mechman alternator and hold onto the DC Power alternator until it sells. Or(!) get the Mechman run it at 14.4v for now. When or if DC Power starts making a product you can then use the DC Power alternator at 14.4v then run the Mechman at 16v!!!! Mechman alternators come with adjustable regulators, this is not an extra cost. To get a dual alternator bracket you can contact either a local fabrication shop or one of the popular manufacturers of dual brackets.

Good luck!!!

With my setup using two D3400 and my stock 90a@13.8v alternator I am able to keep my voltage above ~13.5v with ~1800wrms on music on my 25 minute daily commute to and from work. Definitely not ideal but it works for now until I get my Mechman alternator in a week or so.

I use a XS Power charger 1-2 times a week to help keep the batteries in good condition.

If you set your gains to match the available electrical supply from you vehicle you should be able to enjoy your system until you get a higher output alternator. I highly recommend the XS Power 12v charger. If you have the funds get a Mechman alternator and hold onto the DC Power alternator until it sells. Or(!) get the Mechman run it at 14.4v for now. When or if DC Power starts making a product you can then use the DC Power alternator at 14.4v then run the Mechman at 16v!!!! Mechman alternators come with adjustable regulators, this is not an extra cost. To get a dual alternator bracket you can contact either a local fabrication shop or one of the popular manufacturers of dual brackets.

There is no way a dual bracket will fit my car. :P

I plan on gaining down a LOT, probably going to set it to where current draw is ~50amps max, so ~500watts total. Not ideal, but it'll keep the xs batt from constantly draining.

Don't have the funds for a mechman alt, so it's just a waiting game on the dc, unless it sells, guess I could relist the alt.

Do you have your alt posted on Jeep forums?

Do you have your alt posted on Jeep forums?

I haven't placed it in the classifieds section, although that is a thought. I did however make a post pretty much saying "Hey if anyone needs a high output for their jeep check this out, had the info on mine and price and what not."

People went ape shit on me for the following: price (absurd), or that I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't need it. People tried telling me I needed a cap or extra battery to stop my dimming lights. (I never mentioned buying the alt for dimming lights...)

Another guy tried telling me all I needed to do was upgrade my wiring, he said my amp couldn't of been pulling that much current considering my wiring was "8gauge"

So yeah it drove me nuts, I had to rant and correct everything everyone said. wire is already upgraded. Wire is 0/1gauge not 8gauge. I don't have dimming lights. Yes the amp does pull 150amps at full tilt. Yes the alt is pricey, but it's not the same as your so called 200amp alt you bought for 200bucks on ebay.

The same guy that told me I needed to upgrade my wiring and that I did everything wrong also told me "I bet you think a 15" is louder then 2 12"s huh". I was like wtf, your random as hell, and a pair of 12s have more cone area so GTFO.

So yeah, really pissed me off but it's worth a shot :D