ssh

stefanhinote's volvo v40 build

That car is way to sexy for a stationwagon. Looks like I need to come down there and build you an alt bracket...

:D

Haha thanks, there is literally no space for another alt tho. Ill post pics of the engine bay later

When I read your post J-road, I read it as "dual alt bracket", now I see you said just bracket lol. I was going to say... look at all the space for nothing :P

enginebay.jpg

You can barely see the case of the alt underneath everything.

Stock bass

stockbass.jpg

It's even amp'd!

stockbassout.jpg

^Hope the xcons get louder then this. :roflmao:

Looks like a good spot for my tiny battery

extrabatt.jpg

extrabattin.jpg

I'll be adding another d1200 on the other side, after I get the dc alt, and can afford it. :peepwall:

Not much progress I know :bigok:

Good luck getting an alt in there or doing the big 3 lol. I did the big 3 and it was quite painful, ratchet extensions are pretty much required to get the bolt off.

Oh I don't know, just some average one... I know your not suppose to mix battery brands, oh well...

Good luck getting an alt in there or doing the big 3 lol. I did the big 3 and it was quite painful, ratchet extensions are pretty much required to get the bolt off.

I didn't have a problem adding some wire from the positive stud to battery, ground wires seemed fine.

Oh and I'm not fucking with putting the alt in... The ac condenser needs to be moved, front tire taken off, and cv joint removed. I'm having the shop do it when they replace the timing belt and tensioner :P

Keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

I should be getting my batteries any day now, going to put the monster HC 3800 in the spare tire well. I needs to buy me a good agm charger Im thinking of getting a Ctek, what charger you using.

I should be getting my batteries any day now, going to put the monster HC 3800 in the spare tire well. I needs to buy me a good agm charger Im thinking of getting a Ctek, what charger you using.

Nice, oh just some average charger that I found in the garage :P I'm sure it's not the best... It did have different charge modes tho, I just used the lower amperage and longer charge.

Both of our builds are moving like turtles, but yours seems to be moving a hare faster LOL. :sonic:

Both of our builds are moving like turtles, but yours seems to be moving a hare faster LOL. :sonic:

Seriously :WTFBubble:

Well see who gets their box first :P

Hi, I'm a spammer. I am not welcome here so the mod staff edited my worthless post and banned me from posting again.

Maybe you are not a game lover. But you must know the game Buy WoW Gold. Some people would choose to Buy World of Warcraft Gold online as a result of MapleStory Mesos price. Sparing some time to play game is a good way to relax yourself. If you are interested in the game, choose more Runescape Gold to make your role stronger.

Ill keep that in mind...

No more posting from him anymore...

No more posting from him anymore...

Thank you :)

fiberglass.jpg

hmmm?

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

I had some tang band 6 1/2s just laying in my room, figured I could try and make'm fit in my doors, if they suck I'll replace them with something else when I can afford it :P

tbi.JPG

tin1.JPG

tin2.JPG

tin3.JPG

tin4.JPG

pin1.jpg

pin2.jpg

pin3.jpg

pin4.jpg

pin5.jpg

pin6.jpg

pin7.jpg

wtf.jpg

I honestly don't know what I'm doing, just jumping in :D

Going to add a couple more layers tonight, let it dry, tomorrow try and do some bondo / sanding

Nice job on the fiberglassing, I'm excited to see how they turn out.

You need a respirator with a charcoal filter. The dust mask is doing nothing for you.

Nice job on the fiberglassing, I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Me too! I'm hoping after I get a couple more layers, sand it, bondo, and wrapped in vinyl / pleather that it looks somewhat decent :rofl2:

You need a respirator with a charcoal filter. The dust mask is doing nothing for you.

Well then I'll take it off so I don't look like a fool, and go buy a respirator, thanks :dancing:

fbout.jpg

Pulled off door panel, did another layer of resin and mat. Tomorrow lots of sanding and bondo!

Looking forward to how these will turn out. How are you mounting them?

Not hundred percent sure, I know I can do screws from behind the door panels into the speaker baffle area. As for the left side where it's fb and no wood, perhaps lay down some two part epoxy?

Any tips? :P

I'm going to see how well this one fits on the panel, if it's close I'll finish it up, if not I may just make a new baffle and start over again

Not hundred percent sure, I know I can do screws from behind the door panels into the speaker baffle area. As for the left side where it's fb and no wood, perhaps lay down some two part epoxy?

Any tips? :P

I'm going to see how well this one fits on the panel, if it's close I'll finish it up, if not I may just make a new baffle and start over again

If you are able to reach down into the pod, possibly nut&bolt to panel with a large washer on each side?