Sign in to follow this  
preswallstreet

12 187 15's in a Plymouth Voyager

This vehicle was built to promote Incriminator Audio in the Fayetteville TN area. DJ Car Audio just recently picked up the line and are very happy with the results. This was just a quick video for MECA's Freezefest 2011

Looks freakishly loud.

Kind of stupid to put all that and not wall it.

I declare. FAIL.

12-15's should be walled. IMO :shrug:

Why should they be walled? I'm just curious here. What would he gain from going subs up/port back like it is now, to going to a wall?

Kef

Why should they be walled? I'm just curious here. What would he gain from going subs up/port back like it is now, to going to a wall?

Kef

It's a giant long box upfiring, so the space above the box is useless, it can't be used for storage or anything, its just more cabin that needs to be pressurized. So if you walled it off, that area would be used for the enclosure and the overall cabin would become smaller, therefore it would be a lot easier to pressurize and get louder, and you wouldn't lose or gain any storage space.

Kef

It's a giant long box upfiring, so the space above the box is useless, it can't be used for storage or anything, its just more cabin that needs to be pressurized. So if you walled it off, that area would be used for the enclosure and the overall cabin would become smaller, therefore it would be a lot easier to pressurize and get louder, and you wouldn't lose or gain any storage space.

Stefanhinote, your a mind reader!

Maybe this is just me seeing it as a long hatch, as it sits, because the box is sub up/port back. Dunno. 133.6 at 6 feet away is not shabby in the slightest.

Kef

Kef

Stefanhinote, your a mind reader!

shh, :P

Maybe this is just me seeing it as a long hatch, as it sits, because the box is sub up/port back. Dunno. 133.6 at 6 feet away is not shabby in the slightest.

Kef

Imagine the cabin having a volume of say 200cubes. Then that enclosure takes up 50cubes. you now have 150cubes to pressurize.

VS.

200cubes, walled setup/enclosure, everything from driver & passenger seats forward to pressurize, say 40cubes.

The smaller the area being pressurized, more cabin gain, more output. Imagine playing a 10" subwoofer in your house vs your car...

The reason why I did not wall it off is because I still want the vehicle to remain usable once I decide to get out of the 12 volt world. I have been doing this since 1996. Plus the original set up was 24 10's done in a similiar fashion. I do this more for fun and less for competition purposes. I have MECA World Championships in SPL and ""SQL"". I am looking for that Drive-by SPL championship and this design really promotes that. I have owned vehicles with full walls, street installs, and a full extreme vehicle. Out of all of them, my van has been one of the funniest things I have built.

I wouldn't have walled either. It's better eye candy this way.

I wouldn't have walled either. It's better eye candy this way.

That is the other reason why I built it. When I had the 24 10's in it. The van got a lot of YouTube exposure and really promoted the True Bass Solutions that was in it.