Memphis 16-EQ30

Eclipse eq2102

Zapco eq30

AudioControl EQT

AudioControl DQT

AudioControl DQX

Anything: http://www.behringer.com/02_products/group...smid=1&lang=ENG

Image Dynamics idq31

Home audio ones that can be modded over to 12v.

So I don't know which one to choose. Or rack or panel style.

How extensive is the 115VAC ---> 12VDC mod ?

My dream would be the Image Dynamics ... but, if I can get something from HT such as API / Rane / Alesis.

Sorry I'm in a rush so I'm forgetting some details, but any insight is appeciated.

- Steve

Arc Audio MEQ-30

PPI DEQ-230

Kicker KQ30

Phoenix Gold Tantrum EQ30

Phoenix Gold Ti EQ30

Crossfire cq-30.2

Memphis 16-EQ30

Eclipse eq2102

Zapco eq30

AudioControl EQT

AudioControl DQT

AudioControl DQX

Anything: http://www.behringer.com/02_products/group...smid=1〈=ENG

Image Dynamics idq31

Home audio ones that can be modded over to 12v.

So I don't know which one to choose. Or rack or panel style.

How extensive is the 115VAC ---> 12VDC mod ?

My dream would be the Image Dynamics ... but, if I can get something from HT such as API / Rane / Alesis.

Sorry I'm in a rush so I'm forgetting some details, but any insight is appeciated.

- Steve

Audio Control is the onlly one with a constant Q then again i might be wrong

Scott Stoner

Also keep in mind that the EQT is a mono eq, so you will need to have to of them for right and left. The PPI DEQ-230 is a nice piece that you can take out of the vehicle to tune. Just add the longer cord.

Also keep in mind that the EQT is a mono eq, so you will need to have to of them for right and left. The PPI DEQ-230 is a nice piece that you can take out of the vehicle to tune. Just add the longer cord.

Yeah, I used to have a pair of EQT's before the Arc.

Good call on the PPI ...

I'm thinking of going with a home audio piece and doing the 115v ---> 12v modification. I have access to PCB and components, so it's really no problem. I've found a design so I'll just have to play around with it.

- Steve

Those other pieces like the Alesis and the Rane are nice, but is the RTA score worth that much to you over sound quality? When RTA was worth 40 pts I was happy with a score of 37. Once and a while I scored a 40. I didn't need those big EQs just to get 2 or 3 points. There are more total points in the sound quality section then the RTA section.

I just picked this up off Ebay, basically brand new for $100. Do I need it, no, but for the money, I just couldn't beat it. Now if I can find a 4-way active crossover I'll be set.

456034_46_full.jpg

Those other pieces like the Alesis and the Rane are nice, but is the RTA score worth that much to you over sound quality? When RTA was worth 40 pts I was happy with a score of 37. Once and a while I scored a 40. I didn't need those big EQs just to get 2 or 3 points. There are more total points in the sound quality section then the RTA section.

Yeah thats the thing.

With the new project coming up ... I mean I'll still compete with it. I still need an EQ one way or another and I thought a rack style would be better for the installation I have planned out thus far.

As of right now I'll look into finding a basic HT EQ and then see if I can swap the power supply.

We'll see how it all pans out.

- Steve