Lschevy

powering a saz3500

what do i need to power this amp correctly?

3500/14.2= 247 amps

depends on your car. what do you have to work with?

well contact DC alts on this forum and ask what he can do for your car! as for batteries looking into a xs d3100 or kinetik hc2400 and maybe order two depending on what size alt you get!

and do the big 3 upgrade!

3500/14.2= 247 amps

3500/12.6 = 277amps!

aren't the 3500 rated at 12.6

I would deifinitely suggest a HO alt. and a couple batteries if you want to get the most out of the amp and especially if this is going to be played for extended periods of time.

3500/14.2= 247 amps

3500/12.6 = 277amps!

aren't the 3500 rated at 12.6

Yeah you are correct. I was just doing a general voltage rating.

Either way OP look into a bigger alternator, Xs Power under the hood (whatever fits), and a XS Power battery in the trunk (big as you can get). Go from there and see if you need to add more.

so what are your system goals?

something i listen to daily with good power to the amp...i have no plans of competing

I have a 200 amp alt and a battery similar to the 3100 in the drunk. I am looking to upgrade it as soon as my taxes get back to me (get another battery in the trunk and a 400 amp alty). I dont play it loud for long periods of time and I do know that I need to give the amp more power!

Edited by Hell-Razor

Proper sized wiring and doing the "Big 3" would be the first thing I would get done. Check out the Classifieds as JBurt is selling a bnib XS-D3400 which would be a great front battery.

3500/14.2= 247 amps

Too bad amps aren't 100% efficient. Even going by those numbers, at 70% efficiency that comes out to 300 amps. Holy schnikes, the manual says a 300 amp fuse!!! They ARE however capable of much more draw.

I have the same amp in an 01 Camry and to start I'll be using a 180 amp alt and a Kinetik HC2000 in the trunk