oxsign

Real world numbers for the 2500?

On a strong 14v electrical, what can I expect? I have a 275 HO Alt, 3 YT, 4 runs of 1/0 (2+/2-). I've sold my MM 2K autotek and i'll be looking for another bigger amp shortly, and i'm kinda leaning towards this.

Sundown amps are tested at real world spec. You will get 2500-2800 depending on your impedance rise and you voltage drop.

Edited by thecartel

umm you are upgrading you say...

from 2000rms to 2500rms?

500rms isn't make an extra 2db's hell you will be luck if you get plus 0.2db's

if you want to really upgrade go with a saz3500 or saz3000 now that would be an upgrade!

hell with that alt you can support at least 1-saz3500 or maybe 2-saz2500!

or maybe i am just crazy! lol! but as for numbers for the SAZ2500 line, I currently have 2 of them strapped at 2ohms and with a clamp meter on a burp my impedance rised to 6ohms and i was getting a good 2400 out of both amps!

keep in mind they are rated at (2 of them that is) 5k at 2ohm strapped so at about 4ohm you can expect a good 2500rms and my sub was at 6ohms!

umm come to think of it that poor 15inch NS lol!

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

ya i had to spin them around so the wires would work out nicely lol! and yes they are both in the tire well! which make it very hard to steal!

those are 2k in the pic not 2.5k. You are dropping voltage along alot rise. 2-2k strapped @ 2ohms (ea amp see 1 ohm)is should give over 4k. My 3k wired at .5 and with a rise over 3 ohm was clamped 2900. And when wired to .25 and a rise around 1.5 was clamped 3400. Thats with my voltage dropping aound 12.7-13 volts

lol you are correct! but i assume you i have 2-2500 NOW lol that is an old pic. and i have yet to get another one as it is in my tire well. lol!

sorry for the confusion but i do have 2500's now!

umm you are upgrading you say...

from 2000rms to 2500rms?

500rms isn't make an extra 2db's hell you will be luck if you get plus 0.2db's

if you want to really upgrade go with a saz3500 or saz3000 now that would be an upgrade!

hell with that alt you can support at least 1-saz3500 or maybe 2-saz2500!

or maybe i am just crazy! lol! but as for numbers for the SAZ2500 line, I currently have 2 of them strapped at 2ohms and with a clamp meter on a burp my impedance rised to 6ohms and i was getting a good 2400 out of both amps!

keep in mind they are rated at (2 of them that is) 5k at 2ohm strapped so at about 4ohm you can expect a good 2500rms and my sub was at 6ohms!

umm come to think of it that poor 15inch NS lol!

You're forgetting something.... That Autotek 2000 watt, wasn't doing 2000 watts to start with. You may not be informed, but people that swap out SAZ-2000d's to SAZ-2500d's commonly gain around 1.5 dB. So, swapping to that Autotek to the SAZ-2500d I can see up to a 2 dB gain.

I agree that Autotek is not the best 2k amp around but how did you acquire those decibel numbers? If it was from other people can you please post links and pics to their swaps. thanks.

I agree that Autotek is not the best 2k amp around but how did you acquire those decibel numbers? If it was from other people can you please post links and pics to their swaps. thanks.

Not everybody documents everything they touch in their cars. Furthermore, 2 of them in particular are friends of mine who doesn't post on forums, or take pics of his install to show the nobody he tells about it. One of them swapped 1 amp, one of them swapped 6 amps. Ask around for people who have swapped and they'll tell you.

http://****/forum/showthread.php?t=5340 That's an old thread, but going from the 1500 to a 2000 gained 0.7 and from a 2000 to a 3000 gained 0.8. The 2500 is actually close to the 3000 board. Even testing right there would be 1.5 dB.

Not everybody documents everything they touch in their cars. Furthermore, 2 of them in particular are friends of mine who doesn't post on forums, or take pics of his install to show the nobody he tells about it. One of them swapped 1 amp, one of them swapped 6 amps. Ask around for people who have swapped and they'll tell you.

http://****/forum/showthread.php?t=5340 That's an old thread, but going from the 1500 to a 2000 gained 0.7 and from a 2000 to a 3000 gained 0.8. The 2500 is actually close to the 3000 board. Even testing right there would be 1.5 dB.

I am asking around, I posted here didn't I? I just think there are too many factors to say how many decibels you will see. Even if it is a rough estimate. I just like to at least see pics and/or videos of things like this before I believe it. It's like the three Lamborghini's I own, I just can't show you pics or any proof of them existing but I totally have them.

I am asking around, I posted here didn't I? I just think there are too many factors to say how many decibels you will see. Even if it is a rough estimate. I just like to at least see pics and/or videos of things like this before I believe it. It's like the three Lamborghini's I own, I just can't show you pics or any proof of them existing but I totally have them.

I've seen it a few places here and there.

But for starters (and these are from Jacob and Derrick)...

Post #2

as we have seen up to 1 dB increase from the 3000D to the 3500D

the whole thread. But here's a portion:

SAZ-1000D to SAZ-1500D seems to be totally linear from the rated power increase... add 50% more power and you should gain 1.5 dB and you did.

With the SAZ-1500D to SAZ-2000D you are adding 33% more power which should result in around 1 dB - it was close with 0.8 dB.

With the SAZ-2000D to SAZ-3000D you are adding 33% more power again - and it was still pretty close at 0.7 dB.

Now obviously these numbers change depending on the rest of the setup, vehicle cabin characteristics, etc, but you get the idea, it's very well possible.

Dam, I need to get an saz 2500 or 3000, now that I have a secondary battery (just a small Kinetic 1200 though !).

I'm sure my btl will love the new amp !!!

The only factor that would prevent you from doing that is lower voltage, which probably isn't going to be insanely drastically different from anybody elses drop. Again, all those "factors" would be between vehicles, these are people swapping amps and thats it. All the potential variables are constant because of the control group.