k3n12ock

Kevin S

So the amp was said to be blown because the ebay sale price was too low for the seller and now it is in fact blown.

Karma is a bitch!

:ughdunno:

No then I would contact UPS and refund the buyer and collect insurance because they would have had to damage it because it worked leaving here. I posted several times that the amp worked before and after he bought it and was unrelated to the eBay sale and that buyer was also informed the amps were infact functional. I don't know what else you expect from me.

quality customer service

you shipped a 400$+ amp, and didnt even put insurance on it, are you kidding me?

each and every company i have ever heard of and dealt with that ships audio product is smart enough to insure packages no matter the quality/price

If you reread my post it says COLLECT insurance on a damaged packed which cleary means it was insured, just like all the products I ship...

No then I would contact UPS and refund the buyer and collect insurance because they would have had to damage it because it worked leaving here. I posted several times that the amp worked before and after he bought it and was unrelated to the eBay sale and that buyer was also informed the amps were infact functional. I don't know what else you expect from me.

quality customer service

you shipped a 400$+ amp, and didnt even put insurance on it, are you kidding me?

each and every company i have ever heard of and dealt with that ships audio product is smart enough to insure packages no matter the quality/price

If you reread my post it says COLLECT insurance on a damaged packed which cleary means it was insured, just like all the products I ship...

then the smart thing would be to open a shipping claim to see if it is possible that neither buyer or seller need to take a hit.

seller says amp was working when sent out, buyer says amp protects when its fed 14v, ups/fedex says "ohh nozz we dun fooked up on this one" you get an insurance check for the insured amount and either forward that payment to buyer, or refund the original payment and he could possibly even send the amplifier back to you after his refund and you get your end of the deal

then you can resell the blown amplifier again and make out twice

Is there some kind of proof about the protect mode issue? Video or anything like that? I'm just curious myself... That is all... :peepwall:

I will look into doing that via UPS claims first thing Monday morning. I will keep him updated, if that truly is the case then UPS could be liable

Is there some kind of proof about the protect mode issue? Video or anything like that? I'm just curious myself... That is all... :peepwall:

we can get one tomorrow at the show were going to, were driving up north to a show and he is going to be running my saz3500d, we can hook up the RD and update this tomorrow unless he has any pics on his phone or something as of now else it'll have to wait till tomorrow for pics

I don't have any from that night but it is. But seriously, this wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't in protect

I will look into doing that via UPS claims first thing Monday morning. I will keep him updated, if that truly is the case then UPS could be liable

Ok

we can get one tomorrow at the show were going to, were driving up north to a show and he is going to be running my saz3500d, we can hook up the RD and update this tomorrow unless he has any pics on his phone or something as of now else it'll have to wait till tomorrow for pics

Taking pics was the last thing on my mind. Pics/vids will be up tomorrow. And as for dbr, its gonna be $200-$300 to fix.

Will deal with this tomorrow. Gotta get up early. Let's hope UPS does something.

FYI in the future trying my cell or pms might result in faster action then publicly announcing I've slammed you even when I'm trying to help after the fact. Just a thought

glad i didnt put an offer on any of those amps. Sorry for the trouble your having with it. Hope this gets resolved.

FYI in the future trying my cell or pms might result in faster action then publicly announcing I've slammed you even when I'm trying to help after the fact. Just a thought

he did, if you read i belive the first post he said he hadn't heard from you in 2 days after he had text messaged you, he said you stopped responding.

below:

I'm stuck with a dead amp and haven't heard anything from him since I last texted him 2 nights ago.

Edited by Brandon13

I kind of think the back'n'forth is done since Kevin said he will try to put a claim in through UPS. I guess we'll all be waiting to find out.... GL to OP... Kevin hopefully the UPS claims dept. doesn't stick you with shyt cuz then this will all fall on you as if it was "your fault" ... :suicide-santa:

he did, if you read i belive the first post he said he hadn't heard from you in 2 days after he had text messaged you, he said you stopped responding.

below:

I'm stuck with a dead amp and haven't heard anything from him since I last texted him 2 nights ago.

Brandon, please let me handle this with Knock, I am clearly responding to every post in this topic and he has never tried texting/emailing/calling since his first conversation with me the other day on my cell.

below:

Brandon, please let me handle this with Knock, I am clearly responding to every post in this topic and he has never tried texting/emailing/calling since his first conversation with me the other day on my cell.

so i take it you no longer want to see a video of the amp going into protect instantly? i have the vid, not "knock"

THiS

THiS

Knock I just happened to check this thread but contact me via email for all future communications

Kevin@skaraudio.com

I opened a UPS claim, I am waiting to hear back from them on what to do at this point. Pretty sure they are going to want and come to your house and pickup the amp - Thats what usually happens. But like I said, keep this in emails now please

What it sounds like to me and friend is that when you had the amp on 12v the ground was good enough to keep the amp grounded and safe, then when you started the vehicle and achieved 14v your ground was insufficient causing permanent damage.

This issue with the amp couldn't have been detected as the damage would have been caused in your car.

What it sounds like to me and friend is that when you had the amp on 12v the ground was good enough to keep the amp grounded and safe, then when you started the vehicle and achieved 14v your ground was insufficient causing permanent damage.

This issue with the amp couldn't have been detected as the damage would have been caused in your car.

Snap! That JUST happened!

UPS isn't liable when the product shipped out is already broken haha. I have proof of Kevin S saying the amplifier was blown, as I posted in his for sale thread. I have screen shots and saved eBay messages backed up.

First Kevin scammed ppl on ca.com selling boxes.

Then Kevin screwed me over on 2 different auctions.

Now he's trying to screw over the OP.

And he's planning on going to UPS and filing a claim to get money from something that was already broken... is that insurance fraud?!?!?

Like I said before, if I had knOwn about the whole eBay thing and if I would have remembered about the whole Subtillis audio shit, I would have never bought these. Anyways, Kevin s, I pm'd you about the UPS CLAIM ID number last night and I see you were on this morning so go ahead and PM me it.

Here's what needs to happen. . . .

Kevin, you have a questionable past you can NOT deny. This amp could have been blown before hand, and it could have been blown by the user. It doesn't matter. What you need to do is to eat it. Give the guy his money back and take the amp back. Don't use UPS for a claim. If you need to do that, refund his money first, then get the amp back and deal with UPS on your own accord. Don't make him wait on them. It sucks for you, but this is what you need to do to prove you're an ethical business man.

+1.gif

Refund the guy his money regardless of how/where the damage was done for no reason other than to demonstrate good faith towards the members of this forum. Given Kevin's past history, I'm under the assumption the amp was damaged prior to shipping.

"The best indicator of future behavior, is past behavior" - Dr. Phil

A bad ground problem would have been shown by voltage problems under load. NOT under a higher voltage. Had that happen to me once...measured up the voltage, 12v, turned on the amp, it went into protect and at the terminals there were 5v. Turned out to be a bad ground.

Ground problems are not the culprit in this case :)

In case of repairs, small stuff can be overlooked and cause problems later on...

Like I said before, if I had knOwn about the whole eBay thing and if I would have remembered about the whole Subtillis audio shit, I would have never bought these. Anyways, Kevin s, I pm'd you about the UPS CLAIM ID number last night and I see you were on this morning so go ahead and PM me it.

He has said multiple times not to use PMs, give him an email or call. And if you said that you tried to call and he said he didn't get one check the number you have for him?