k3n12ock

Kevin S

Like how a face to face with Mark was required to see the refund through....even if that is argued the timing is such that it is true.

Still doesn't sit right with me because of how his arm needed to be twisted for him to do the right thing. Thieves won't steal in front of the police. They wait for another opportunity.

Customer has been refunded 100%. FYI - I was not ignoring this post so please don't make comments as such. We have been going back and forth in emails, not on this forum.

Kevin

(Now that this is all settled)

IPhone quoted fail. The money is pending in PP. I'd like to thank Mark for getting Kevin to do what he did. Thanks SomeDonnieDude and M5 and everyone else. Kevin, it's unfortunate this had to happen. Should send me the busted amp back too.

IPhone quoted fail. The money is pending in PP. I'd like to thank Mark for getting Kevin to do what he did. Thanks SomeDonnieDude and M5 and everyone else. Kevin, it's unfortunate this had to happen. Should send me the busted amp back too.

Your welcome. I'm glad you will be getting your money back.

EPIC FAIL KEVIN!!!!

Glad it got worked out for you, but i am sorry it took as long as it did. It was unfortunate how it worked out for both parties, i am hopeful Kevin will be able to move forward after this and continue to advance his businesses. I must applaud someone as young as he is with such a drive for business. I wish you the best of luck. And to the OP i hope you will be able to get a new amp that suits you before your next show. And no offense but why do you think you should have the money refunded and the amp still? I know there were alot of problems along the way to getting your money refunded, but that does not mean you deserve the amp? Again glad this had been worked out and now we can move forward.

mark didn't "make him" refund the money btw so thanking him has nothing to do with the situation imo...

glad it got resolved nonetheless

moving foward!

:morepower1:

Mark and I both talked to Kevin, in an offering of advice and suggestions to help him return to good graces. Kevin promised to make CS a major priority and work to improve his reputation.

Aaron i am glad you both were able to talk with him and give him some great advice, i know you both have tried to make CS a top priority at SSA, and it certainly has been noticed. SSA has a great business model, now you just need me to fill up my shop with them and sell the poop out of them!!!!! Or is that wishful thinking!!!

Looks like SSA will still be supporting Skar audio huh??? This is seriously pathetic, he tries to rip a customer off and SSA is gonna sweep this under the rug because Kevin/Skar "promised to make CS a major priority and work to improve his reputation." Says a lot about SSA as company.

Looks like SSA will still be supporting Skar audio huh??? This is seriously pathetic, he tries to rip a customer off and SSA is gonna sweep this under the rug because Kevin/Skar "promised to make CS a major priority and work to improve his reputation." Says a lot about SSA as company.

dude you need to chill,

for starters look at it from Kevin's view sold amp to knocked, knocked confirmed amp worked, a few days later knocked says it is broken.. from Kevin's view wtf happened

NOW how Kevin handled this situation was bad, very bad, i am NOT excusing that at all, but for you to call ALL of SSA pathetic is BS, SSA is here to supply goods and make money hence a business, SKAR is a well built woofer with a lot of potential, for SSA to knock out a whole brand is a big under taking and shouldn't be based on 1 reason bad transaction

I personally think it is great kevin did refund the money, i think Mark, and Jacob talking to kevin and guiding him in the ways of expert CS is amazing and I don't think they would have done that or even bothered with Kevin UNLESS they seen potential in him as a man and his product! Make and Jacob aren't dumb, and everyone needs a little guidance once in a while to get there life back on track!

i think i have to agree with donnie.

letting him be on this forum as a supporting partner is a representation of said company.

A company should not have to be baby sat, thats just a silly thing to say.

"everyone needs a little guidance once in a while to get there life on track"

Yeah if your a child or irresponsible. PERIOD.

Not running two LARGE companies. I havent even been burned by Kevin. But the guy is probably dealing with lots of money coming in and out and has a lot to deal with, if he cant keep customers happy on a regular basis and then is allowed to continue advertising just makes me thinks there is something more behind it.

Does Kevin pay to have his dealer spot or whatever? Money does make the world go 'round.

I get this but consider that Kevin appears to be young and a go-getter, and young in the sense of business, not in the sense of age, sure running a company is a lot of work, and ppl can't just get up one day and be el-professional without a little help/ and guidance!!

and I do disagree with Donnie on this, not Donnie as person but Donnie's opinion so please donnie or wood or anyone else I am just expressing how i see it so in the words of my hommie, don't hate the play'a hate the game! lol!

I get this but consider that Kevin appears to be young and a go-getter, and young in the sense of business, not in the sense of age, sure running a company is a lot of work, and ppl can't just get up one day and be el-professional without a little help/ and guidance!!

Try going to school first. Learn Some basic business practices.

This fool STRAIGHT UP LIES. He revoked Donnies sale on ebay then said they were broken, then sold them to someone else. THAT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL HORSHIT unacceptable by any kind of business stand point. simple slime ball move. period. that shit is black and white and can be read in ONE thread.

Just about to say fuck this forum. Its a shame too, there are some actual smart people here i can learn a lot from. Just shady shit and i dont like supporting anything like that.

SSA CANNOT THINK KEVIN HAS ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES, YET THEY STILL ADVERTISE HIS COMPANY.

DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!

This fool STRAIGHT UP LIES. He revoked Donnies sale on ebay then said they were broken, then sold them to someone else. THAT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL HORSHIT unacceptable by any kind of business stand point. simple slime ball move. period. that shit is black and white and can be read in ONE thread.

Just about to say fuck this forum. Its a shame too, there are some actual smart people here i can learn a lot from. Just shady shit and i dont like supporting anything like that.

SSA CANNOT THINK KEVIN HAS ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES, YET THEY STILL ADVERTISE HIS COMPANY.

hey I never said what Kevin did was okay, I am just against Donnie bashing SSA, as whole, bashing Kevin is understandable and I am not standing by what Kevin did at all, don't get me wrong.

and the powers of SSA must have seen something in Kevin to let him continue under there name for what that is we don't know and it remains unseen, but it must be for the good! maybe Kevin will surprise us maybe I wish I was a fortune teller lol!

and don't get me wrong SSA has a ton of knowledgeable people who are very smart don't let this action dictate your future experiences/interactions on this forum.

let me ask you this, who on this forum DOESN'T know all the stories about Kevin? There's been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many posts about his questionable character that you'd have to really not even use the forum to not know the controversies that surround Kevin/Skar/1800 woofers.

God I really hate this behavior of "ban so-and-so!". That crap is happening here and on my other favorite forum. If an Admin decides that a member is ban worthy, they will ban them. Plain and simple. It's not like Denim & Mark aren't aware of the situation. In fact, they probably know more about it than anyone here posting because they've (or one of them at least) have physically talked to Kevin about the issue in person.

Accusing SSA for keeping him here as a vendor because they get income from it is just an ignorant assumption in my opinion.

My take-

Ken got his coin back. No amp. Ken, be happy bro. Not many site owners would even discuss this with the seller. Weither he be from Skar audio or no company at all. Most would just say 'you did it at your own risk'. Mark and Aaron went out of their way to remind this guy of what should happen in business and how to keep people happy. As long as this does not become a pattern with him, I say fuck it, let the guy be.

Should it of taken this long, or an 'intervention'? HELL NO. Did it? Yup. But whats done, is done and we can all get on now.

J

let me ask you this, who on this forum DOESN'T know all the stories about Kevin? There's been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many posts about his questionable character that you'd have to really not even use the forum to not know the controversies that surround Kevin/Skar/1800 woofers.

God I really hate this behavior of "ban so-and-so!". That crap is happening here and on my other favorite forum. If an Admin decides that a member is ban worthy, they will ban them. Plain and simple. It's not like Denim & Mark aren't aware of the situation. In fact, they probably know more about it than anyone here posting because they've (or one of them at least) have physically talked to Kevin about the issue in person.

Accusing SSA for keeping him here as a vendor because they get income from it is just an ignorant assumption in my opinion.

to be honest I DO NOT know of all of Kevin's background history, all I know of this, ebay, and the box's on ca.com, how much more is there?

also do you think it is wrong for Mark, to give someone a fresh/clean start? or a don't screw this up or you are gone ultimatum?

My take-

As long as this does not become a pattern with him, I say fuck it, let the guy be.

J

Thats just the thing, there IS a pattern.

If its not money i honestly do not see any other reason for SSA to continue supporting them.

Why would they willfully put there name at risk for nothing?

My take-

Not many site owners would even discuss this with the seller. Weither he be from Skar audio or no company at all. Most would just say 'you did it at your own risk'.

J

And this is simply not true. A company that doesnt communicate with a customer is a joke by any standards.

Im beginning to see why some people think its okay for someone to do things such as him. You just dont know any better yourself...

lol and what did the guy do "at his own risk" ????

hey I never said what Kevin did was okay, I am just against Donnie bashing SSA, as whole, bashing Kevin is understandable and I am not standing by what Kevin did at all, don't get me wrong.

and the powers of SSA must have seen something in Kevin to let him continue under there name for what that is we don't know and it remains unseen, but it must be for the good! maybe Kevin will surprise us maybe I wish I was a fortune teller lol!

and don't get me wrong SSA has a ton of knowledgeable people who are very smart don't let this action dictate your future experiences/interactions on this forum.

let me put it this way.

I have like 6 friends interested in getting into Car Audio after i put the system in my truck, they have asked me where i do my research and what not, I would be timid to suggest SSA for the fact that they might see Kevins vendor spot and buy something from 1800 then get fucked.

Granted that this is far fetched, but SSA is and WILL lose credibility for supporting Kevin S/1800woofers.

<< -- starting at this guy

With a little luck, this could be the next "Ben Milne Love Parade" for anyone who remembers CSO in all it's glory.

I think that this should not be tolerated here on SSA.

I am pretty understanding but I read this and it is ridiculous.

Example: I stopped in at the shop I used to work at and heard the boss talking. Someone brought in a vehicle and had a Remote start system installed into their vehicle. Their instrument cluster went out days later. They came back since we had worked on the vehicle before this happened. Wiring was double, triple, quadruple checked etc. knowing that what we installed does not interact with anything gauge related. It was the conclusion of the car audio manager as well as all of the other installers that it was an issue clearly not caused by any of their work, but the boss bites the bullet anyways to keep good customer relations. I don't know but I have a feeling the dash instrument cluster for a 09-10 vehicle is easily over a measly $400. Hell, I replaced a the instrument on a 92 Cadillac and a used cluster was almost $400.

Another time a customer accused me of breaking a side view mirror and I clearly didn't. It was wintertime and you could see salt build up inside the mirror and he still insisted that it was the fault of one of our installers. With us definitely not being in the wrong, the boss paid up.

Basically what I am trying to get at is this:

Pay Up. You are clearly in the wrong this time and the op has been out of this money for well over a month while you dick him around. I'm not the most frequent visitor here anymore but I am ashamed that something this bad has been tolerated so long. Op sorry for your troubles, I hope all is taken care of. Kevin, never planned on buying Skar and barely knew about it; same with your website. What i do know is this: I hope you and both your businesses fail in a big burning pile of shit!

Sincerely

Todd

Not sure if you're aware or not Todd, but i'm pretty sure that the OP got their money back (not that i'm suggesting that your views should change because of that at all. just letting you know :) )

I don't think it's wrong for Mark to give Kevin another shot. i don't know anything about Kevin's past other than what was listed, but that's enough for me to get a general idea of the type of business man he is. I did purchase some supplies from 1800 woofers during the opening savings discount he has. My transactions went well. Does that mean i throw all this crap out of the window because my transaction went smooth? Hell no. I even recommended one of my friends to NOT purchase from him because I didn't want him going through the risk.

At the end of the day, i leave the banning up to Admins. If i really thought my opinions on what member should or shouldn't be allowed on a forum mattered I'd start my own forum. :ughdunno:

Not sure if you're aware or not Todd, but i'm pretty sure that the OP got their money back (not that i'm suggesting that your views should change because of that at all. just letting you know :) )

I don't think it's wrong for Mark to give Kevin another shot. i don't know anything about Kevin's past other than what was listed, but that's enough for me to get a general idea of the type of business man he is. I did purchase some supplies from 1800 woofers during the opening savings discount he has. My transactions went well. Does that mean i throw all this crap out of the window because my transaction went smooth? Hell no. I even recommended one of my friends to NOT purchase from him because I didn't want him going through the risk.

At the end of the day, i leave the banning up to Admins. If i really thought my opinions on what member should or shouldn't be allowed on a forum mattered I'd start my own forum. :ughdunno:

i never once said ban the guy.

just take his fuckin massive banner down and quit advertising for a shady company. simple as that.