k3n12ock

Kevin S

Wood,

I respect your oulook man. It makes sense especially in this situation.

As a society we have deemed people are allowed a 2nd chance. Has he had 2nd chances other places? Sure. He moved here for whatever reason and Mark is willing to give him a shot. Either he will get his CS going and be fine, or he is going to fail. Either one will happen and within 3 mths he will be a distant memory or he will be flourishing.

My only ? with the whole gig is SSA sells audio equipment as a 'store'. He does the same thing........So its a lil WTF to have a competing business advertise in your house.

But its not my forum, and I am just a supporting member. I know Mark and Aaron know what they are doing. I have known Mark personally for a few years now. He has been NOTHING SHORT of a stand up guy with me, and I can say the same for the people he has introduced me to as well. If he says its kosher, thats good enough for me.

J

My take-

Not many site owners would even discuss this with the seller. Weither he be from Skar audio or no company at all. Most would just say 'you did it at your own risk'.

J

And this is simply not true. A company that doesnt communicate with a customer is a joke by any standards.

Im beginning to see why some people think its okay for someone to do things such as him. You just dont know any better yourself...

lol and what did the guy do "at his own risk" ????

Meaning he paid for the amp 'at his own risk' meaning SSA is not liable for what happens here. If someone gets fucked over, too bad their fucking loss. I had a minor issue at SMD. I got a bent 18 in a 'drawing' dude had it insured for 500 which would of covered the recone as the basket was bent (not alot mind you). Well he got the money from the 'drawing' and the insurance and I got a slightly bent woofer. Guy lied to me, went to a mod and lied to them before I took it there. But its whatever. Its why I dont visit there any more.

J

Looks like SSA will still be supporting Skar audio huh??? This is seriously pathetic, he tries to rip a customer off and SSA is gonna sweep this under the rug because Kevin/Skar "promised to make CS a major priority and work to improve his reputation." Says a lot about SSA as company.

Actually no. We are not sweeping anything under the rug. Kevin has really begun to repair his reputation and improve his customer service. We did not decide on anything until he made his decision to refund the customers and make it right. Now that it appears he is working to turn things around, it is ok that SKAR remains for now. If we were sweeping this under the rug (like happens on other sites all the time), you would see topics deleted and posts deleted, but that is not the type of business we run or forum we lead, you can find that other places.

Kevin now understands a little better in terms of the online world and I hope he realizes how important each and every transaction is. There still may be some changes, we take this stuff very seriously.

"everyone needs a little guidance once in a while to get there life on track"

Yeah if your a child or irresponsible. PERIOD.

I get this but consider that Kevin appears to be young and a go-getter, and young in the sense of business, not in the sense of age, sure running a company is a lot of work, and ppl can't just get up one day and be el-professional without a little help/ and guidance!!

Try going to school first. Learn Some basic business practices.

This fool STRAIGHT UP LIES. He revoked Donnies sale on ebay then said they were broken, then sold them to someone else. THAT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL HORSHIT unacceptable by any kind of business stand point. simple slime ball move. period. that shit is black and white and can be read in ONE thread.

Just about to say fuck this forum. Its a shame too, there are some actual smart people here i can learn a lot from. Just shady shit and i dont like supporting anything like that.

SSA CANNOT THINK KEVIN HAS ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES, YET THEY STILL ADVERTISE HIS COMPANY.

DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!

Alright, you need to relax. I had been talking to Mark for a few weeks about removing Kevin/SKAR as we were taking some heat for his business practices. Now, we discussed it somewhat, and Kevin is now working to make right what went wrong. I have no problem dropping a company, we have done it a few times in the past. Kevin expressed to Mark that he understood he handled this very badly and now he is working on making it right.

I am not defending Kevin, if you want to think of it this way, Kevin and his businesses here are on probation. If Mark and I were all about "DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!" this site would be VERY VERY different and neither of us would be working full time day jobs.

fair enough, I'm sorry i was letting my emotions do the typing last night.

i think i made my point pretty clear though. You guys ARE advertising for him and ARE taking some heat, as you just stated, I was just curious what that "heat" is worth to the people running this board. Ya know?

You are taking the risk by letting him continue, yet literally no one on this forum will take the risk to do business with him anymore. Just doesnt add up.

My take-

Not many site owners would even discuss this with the seller. Weither he be from Skar audio or no company at all. Most would just say 'you did it at your own risk'.

J

And this is simply not true. A company that doesnt communicate with a customer is a joke by any standards.

Im beginning to see why some people think its okay for someone to do things such as him. You just dont know any better yourself...

lol and what did the guy do "at his own risk" ????

Meaning he paid for the amp 'at his own risk' meaning SSA is not liable for what happens here. If someone gets fucked over, too bad their pucking loss. I had a minor issue at SMD. I got a bent 18 in a 'drawing' dude had it insured for 500 which would of covered the recone as the basket was bent (not alot mind you). Well he got the money from the 'drawing' and the insurance and I got a slightly bent woofer. Guy lied to me, went to a mod and lied to them before I took it there. But its whatever. Its why I dont visit there any more.

J

where the hell are you getting that i said SSA is liable? i never once said NOR implied that, i just dont think they should pucking advertise for a fraud, simple as that.

you bought a sub from a person in a drawing, not a company, this guy owns TWO companies, he is not just some classifieds lurker anymore, this guy deals with a lot of peoples money and should be more responsible about it. period.

you getting fucked on SMD has literally NOTHING to do with my point, at all.

ill say it ONE more time.

I DONT KNOW WHY SSA WILL WILLINGLY REPRESENT A SUB PAR COMPANY.

Thats all im getting at with this rant, 2 plus 2 isnt equaling 4.

EDIT: and you just said yourself that the admins shouldnt do anything about Kevin on this form? which is fine... but then you go on to say you wont visit SMD because there admins didnt get involved???

You know thats a hypocritical statement through and through

Edited by Wood.

I agree with you Wood but it is something you dont have any control over. I dont feel as though his site advertisement should be here period as well, the 1800woofers.com ads. I could care less about Skar, doubt they will be as successful or around that long. But that 1800woofers.com is a big ass fail :suicide-santa: , dont promote something then run away from it by not responding to any body who posted a question or concern for you in the section. Site needs major upgrades and improvements, that need to be worked out ASAP.

I dont have any control over what happens here except where me and my friends buy from, wont do any business with the fella anymore. I tried to give him a second chance and had to deal with excuses when things didnt go right.

I'm not the most frequent visitor here anymore but I am ashamed that something this bad has been tolerated so long. Op sorry for your troubles, I hope all is taken care of. Kevin, never planned on buying Skar and barely knew about it; same with your website. What i do know is this: I hope you and both your businesses fail in a big burning pile of shit!

Sincerely

Todd

I couldnt agree with you anymore Todd.

"everyone needs a little guidance once in a while to get there life on track"

Yeah if your a child or irresponsible. PERIOD.

I get this but consider that Kevin appears to be young and a go-getter, and young in the sense of business, not in the sense of age, sure running a company is a lot of work, and ppl can't just get up one day and be el-professional without a little help/ and guidance!!

Try going to school first. Learn Some basic business practices.

This fool STRAIGHT UP LIES. He revoked Donnies sale on ebay then said they were broken, then sold them to someone else. THAT IS COMPLETE AND TOTAL HORSHIT unacceptable by any kind of business stand point. simple slime ball move. period. that shit is black and white and can be read in ONE thread.

Just about to say fuck this forum. Its a shame too, there are some actual smart people here i can learn a lot from. Just shady shit and i dont like supporting anything like that.

SSA CANNOT THINK KEVIN HAS ACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES, YET THEY STILL ADVERTISE HIS COMPANY.

DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!

Alright, you need to relax. I had been talking to Mark for a few weeks about removing Kevin/SKAR as we were taking some heat for his business practices. Now, we discussed it somewhat, and Kevin is now working to make right what went wrong. I have no problem dropping a company, we have done it a few times in the past. Kevin expressed to Mark that he understood he handled this very badly and now he is working on making it right.

I am not defending Kevin, if you want to think of it this way, Kevin and his businesses here are on probation. If Mark and I were all about "DOLLAR DOLLAR BILLS YALL!" this site would be VERY VERY different and neither of us would be working full time day jobs.

fair enough, I'm sorry i was letting my emotions do the typing last night.

i think i made my point pretty clear though. You guys ARE advertising for him and ARE taking some heat, as you just stated, I was just curious what that "heat" is worth to the people running this board. Ya know?

You are taking the risk by letting him continue, yet literally no one on this forum will take the risk to do business with him anymore. Just doesnt add up.

Not worries, I know people can get passionate, and the fact that you posted it shows you care enough about the site to do so. I understand your point of view. The first issue was for Kevin to get to working on correcting the deals that did not go well, I did not want to remove anything before that is done.

i guess all is fair with a good warning.

if you look at it like that.

Ive just always been told growing up if you fail, you failed.

You raise good points Wood.

What I was trying to say is SSA IS a good place BEACUSE they yapped at him. SMD did not. SSA HELPED fix the problem. SMD did not.

Either way Skar is here.......................I hope it doesn't ruin SSA. I hope he pulls his shit together. If he doesn't............He better be gone.

I am sorry some of my shit seems contradictory. Its been a very long past few weeks out here and shit that makes sense when I type it does not always ready back right.

:)

J

:)

Everyone will look upon this with their own eyes and decide on whether they want to do business with Kevin or not.

I will not be doing any business with Kevin, ever, that's only my opinion on how things were handled.

I think this is a great site made up of great administrators and members.

I've not done any business with Mark or other vendors, but I have with Jacob, and he impressed me with the steps he took to make sure I was happy. Jacob has a customer for life. I would have no problem highly recommending him to anyone.

I will do business with other vendors on this in the future because SSA members state very similar situations/results, to mine.

I'm sure Mark, Aaron and others, admins and/or vendors, will keep an eye on things and take action as necessary.

I asked early on in this thread to keep communication out in the open so we all could see for ourselves how/how long it would take to be resolved.

I commend the admins. for allowing this to happen. This confirms what an awesome site this really is.

Thank you SSA!!

Looks like SSA will still be supporting Skar audio huh??? This is seriously pathetic, he tries to rip a customer off and SSA is gonna sweep this under the rug because Kevin/Skar "promised to make CS a major priority and work to improve his reputation." Says a lot about SSA as company.

Actually no. We are not sweeping anything under the rug. Kevin has really begun to repair his reputation and improve his customer service. We did not decide on anything until he made his decision to refund the customers and make it right. Now that it appears he is working to turn things around, it is ok that SKAR remains for now. If we were sweeping this under the rug (like happens on other sites all the time), you would see topics deleted and posts deleted, but that is not the type of business we run or forum we lead, you can find that other places.

Kevin now understands a little better in terms of the online world and I hope he realizes how important each and every transaction is. There still may be some changes, we take this stuff very seriously.

haha. He finally refunds a guys money after a month and thats how kevin has really begun to repair his rep? Took him long enough to get the hint that people don't like to be scammed. and by long enough like 2 years. WTF?? Denim, he lies to everyone else why wouldn't he lie to you about turning his company around. Everywhere he goes he tells lies. Do a little research yourself, here's his other usernames... Subtils Audio/Hand Built Enclosures/audioimpactxx/Lambo911. Whatever is your companies name at risk, do as you please.

There is a whole lot of shit talking towards SSA from people that are brand new here. If you had been around longer you would see what Mark/Aaron are all about as well as SSA.

:sleepwerd4:

There has been a lot of shit in general lately, and a bunch of it concerning this.

Kevin's either going to get his shit together and continue to be apart of the SSA community and if he doesn't, he won't be here anymore.

Mark and Aaron aren't going to let anyone down :fing34:

I am new here an I can understand the hopeful thinking on SSA's part that Kevin and Skar Audio fix what is wrong. But the company is soooo new that just letting it be a part of SSA from the jump was always a risk. So it's not like they didn't know this could be bad from the beginning. Like Stef said, if Kevin does continue with this type of CS he will most likely not be a part of SSA in a business besides maybe the F/S thread and even that would be risky as well...

Dismissing a potential profit without maybe pushing the little engine over the hump would be a bad idea in terms of business, but if your money isn't growing, you don't want to sink either....

I didn't read the whole thread, but bad mouthing SSA(Mark or Aaron) is a no no.

That's just not going to fly. Period.

First of all, the OP shouldn't of started a thread without giving Kevin the chance to make things right.(I don't think it was his fault). But regardless shit happens, and it is on the seller to take the shit end just because the seller doesn't know how to properly handle a situation like this.

Like I said I didn't read the whole thing, but just what I read that's the comment I'll give.

Don't bring SSA name into this. That's not called for.

I deal with Aaron and Mark on a day to day basis with SKAR, and some other things as well. We have had a great relationship and I will prove to them that it will only be a greater relationship as things go on. There are some issues that need to be resolved which is why after talking to Mark in person I have decided to close down 1800Woofers and get things under control as far as Customer Support goes.

I think this thread can rest as the customer has been taken care once and for all. I hope those of you who think otherwise of me can see in the years to come with SKAR and SSA that it is a good , solid relationship. Taking a step back from retail with other brands and focusing on SKAR will ensure that the ideals of the SSA community be met as Denim and Mark LaFountain have stressed to me how important it is.

There is a whole lot of shit talking towards SSA from people that are brand new here. If you had been around longer you would see what Mark/Aaron are all about as well as SSA.

I agree. I also realize that anyone that comes here, new or old, has an opinion. If all these new people come here and this is the first thread they follow that has anything to do with any of the companies mentioned that's their first impression. Good or bad, those can be hard to let go of. Can be a good thing , or in the case a bad thing for SSA.

Best of luck fixing your rep. Lets see if your money is where your mouth is.

J

haha. He finally refunds a guys money after a month and thats how kevin has really begun to repair his rep? Took him long enough to get the hint that people don't like to be scammed. and by long enough like 2 years. WTF?? Denim, he lies to everyone else why wouldn't he lie to you about turning his company around. Everywhere he goes he tells lies. Do a little research yourself, here's his other usernames... Subtils Audio/Hand Built Enclosures/audioimpactxx/Lambo911. Whatever is your companies name at risk, do as you please.

I have seen or been told about most everything in the past by now, that is why I had talked to Mark for a while about parting ways with him. If you happened to notice, 1800Woofers is leaving SSA. Kevin appears to realize that customer service is more important and is focusing on that. We are putting morals over money, again.

I have seen or been told about most everything in the past by now, that is why I had talked to Mark for a while about parting ways with him. If you happened to notice, 1800Woofers is leaving SSA. Kevin appears to realize that customer service is more important and is focusing on that. We are putting morals over money, again.

this is awesome to hear.

as for all the "shit talking" talking towards SSA... I think you need to go back and read the whole thread. I dont think ANYONE down talked the forum directly, just the decisions made keeping 1800 woofers on there site, that is all.

No one asked for SSA to do anything, they and I stated our opinions on kevins company and expressed how we didnt think kevin should be allowed to advertise or sell or whatever, not just keep representing this sub par company.

and steavmeade for all the "new" people coming around talking shit? Really? Gonna pull the newb card dude?

granted my membership is new and i have a low post count, doesnt mean im new to anything, anyone with any experience should know that. ive been a member at ROE since 06' trust me Ive been around.

Sorry if my loud opinion offends anyone, Im young and speak my mind, I turn 23 next month.

But what denim just posted is exactly what I would of done, and thats exactly what i was "expecting" to be done. Im very proud to be a member of this board. I really dont mean to step on anyones toes, I just thought this forum was better than that.

this is awesome to hear.

as for all the "shit talking" talking towards SSA... I think you need to go back and read the whole thread. I dont think ANYONE down talked the forum directly, just the decisions made keeping 1800 woofers on there site, that is all.

I read the thread. Its looks like to me people are blaming SSA for Kevins wrong doings and looking to SSA to fix it. Calling Mark and Aaron sellouts for letting him advertise on their site.

THATS BULLSHIT!

and steavmeade for all the "new" people coming around talking shit? Really? Gonna pull the newb card dude?

Its spelled STEVEMEAD.

this is awesome to hear.

I read the thread. Its looks like to me people are blaming SSA for Kevins wrong doings and looking to SSA to fix it. Calling Mark and Aaron sellouts for letting him advertise on their site.

THATS BULLSHIT!

Its spelled STEVEMEAD.

Ummm again read the thread AGAIN, I dont see once anyone BLAMING SSA for ANYTHING. Dont get all bitter. Im allowed to have my opinion. If not then I don't need to be a member here. Its just a ignorant to involve a post count.

And Im calling it how I see it, i saw no other reason for them to advertise for him, simple as that. If you wanna make it sound harsh and call em sell outs, fine.

Im not speaking about one person...but if the shoe fits.

You took offense so you must feel guilty.

Im done. i said my part.

i said my part.

Edited by Wood.