Wood.

New Guy from Nor Cal

Hey everyone... been into car stereos since i was about 17, am now 22, be 23 in april. worked at the circuit city roadshop when i was 18, learned how to do the basic installs and alarms. never got into custom stuff, but have done fairly large system installs in my day.

I drive a 1996 Toyota Tacoma 2wd regular cab automatic, I have done everything myself, notched the frame, raised the gas tank, lowered, welded the roll pan, tailgate handle, antenna, hood squirters, put a 2004 front clip on(core support, everything), painted the truck myself also, it was my first time doing all of this. Ive had a handful of stereos in it back when i was younger, bought the truck with 2 mtx 8s, then put two infinty twelves powered by the same amp.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

shortly after i then bought 2 soundstream rfw 12s and a hifonics 1000d running at 1 ohm. it was the loudest system ive had. metered like 137.1 or something like that.

PICT0293.jpg

so after that i wanted to go louder and got two RE SE 10 and had a ported box built i dont know what he tuned it to but it sounded like crap and hit only the low lows. metered @ 134 at like 31 hz or something ridiculous, i then sold the subs cut the top half of the box and put two alpine tens in there placed sealed. shortly after that i lost complete interest, got a girlfriend (whom im still dating) and sold everything i had.

REBox.jpg

1231071457.jpg

Well about a month ago, an old high school buddy called me up and asked me if i knew anyone that wanted his hifonics brutus bxi2008d. I got it from him. I then bought this memphis sub locally. the PR 12, put it in a .75 cube sealed truck box i had, NOOOO good. sounded like crap. so now i built a 1.3-1.5? cu ft sealed box and stuffed it full of poly fill, now i got this cheap POS movin, sounds decent too. anyways, long story short, i have the bug once again, and want to go ridiculously loud without cutting through. i have yet to see some real loud systems behind the seat of any regular cab pickups. please if you know of any, show me a link cuz i have LOOKED! i have seen some decent reg cabs with bucket seats and a sub setup in between but few behind.

So my plan is to get another one of these hifonics 2000d's, 2 sundown SA-10s ported in a 2.25 cu ft box, 300 amp alt, and somewhere around 200-500a/h worth of batts.

think im stupid to think i can hit 150 on the dash? maybe with 6k?

i know you guys are gonna say the sa's wont handle 2kwrms each, but i will never be playing it loud driving around. only time ill put em to the test is on the meter.

open to suggestions!!! been kicking around ideas for a while now. maybe two 12s sealed?

Edited by Wood.

welcome sir!!! .... lovin' the truck... nice setup, clean as hell...

welcome, sounds like you have a goal already. Should fit in just fine here. People here are very helpful if your willing to really listen to them.

Welcome

Really like the truck!! Has a really nice stance, very clean overall. You should be able to pick up some good info here at SSA for getting something in the space you have to make you happy.

:WELCOME: to SSA!!!!

THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH!!!

Thanks for the comments on the stance, it doesnt look like much but i have done quite the work to get it low and still able to put shit in the bed... its lowered roughly 5/7 can go almost 9" in back with all the air out of the air shocks. not really car audio related, but just to give everyone a background on my abilities. Ive had the truck since i was seventeen. so it will be 6 years this year.

IMG_0268.jpg

Problems I fixed being so low (statically)

DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

Raised gas tank. made cross member taller (driveline started riding on the factory one) Had to notch the forward one also.

IMG_0036.jpg

Air shocks and notch coming through bed (would like to cover this some day)

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Front end swap

0423091145.jpg

0502091307.jpg

Primer/Paint

1030091501.jpg

1030091726.jpg

10310914013.jpg

First time doing all of this. the notch was my first time welding, the paint and body was the first time Ive ever touched bondo.

The truck isnt worth anything anymore but i dont care. its low and still practical. lol.

:rocking: I mean you kicked in the front doors with a BANG!!!!!!!!!!! :rockwoot::bow28::bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance:

Truck looks good. It's custom, but not extreme to be "out there". Tasteful. If you're trying to get loud, putting those subs in a sealed enclosure with hinder their output. Seems like you have contradicting ideas :WELCOME:

Truck looks good. It's custom, but not extreme to be "out there". Tasteful. If you're trying to get loud, putting those subs in a sealed enclosure with hinder their output. Seems like you have contradicting ideas :WELCOME:

sorry i dont follow? if i put the tens sealed ill lose output? yeah, i kinda thought that, i was wanting to do two tens PORTED on like a 2.25 cu box. or in the same size box (thats about max amount of airspace im working with) putting two twelves SEALED, im in a ported vs cone area debate here. i want it to sound good but i want to be able to get ridiculously loud. i should be getting my taxes back in a week or two and want to order the subs/batts and another amp.

like i said want to run two sundown SA-10s in 2.25 cu ft port box, using one 4" in port, tuned to 34. Probably just run my one bxi2008d on them @ 1 ohm so they would be getting roughly 1k each. ive heard they can handle this pretty well.

like i said though im open to suggestions!!! if i was gonna go the two twelves sealed route i was gonna do the SKAR's. also have been looking at DC labs lvl 2 and 3 10s. ive been told pretty much all of DC's stuff like smaller enclosures, which is what im working with...

Ive also been kicking around the idea of 3 SA-8s. but i want it to louder lower. i know its not the size of the sub that determines the frequency it peaks at, but even the makers of the SA 8 say it can only move SO much air...

you seem like you got a good grasp on customizing that truck. why no blow thru? you could do whatever you wanted that way, working behind the seats of a single cab truck is hard as hell, i had a 92 s10 single cab for like 6 years myself, always too scared to do a blow thru and always hated every system i could get in there.

you seem like you got a good grasp on customizing that truck. why no blow thru? you could do whatever you wanted that way, working behind the seats of a single cab truck is hard as hell, i had a 92 s10 single cab for like 6 years myself, always too scared to do a blow thru and always hated every system i could get in there.

i could probably be talked into it. i was thinking about doing something with a tool box. but idk. im just worried about getting the thing sealed up, then keeping it sealed after a year of wangin on it ya know? all im worried about, i obviously dont care about cutting the thing up. i just want it to be reliable still. and to be honest i havent really seen a lot of clean looking blow through installs to get an idea of what it would involve. ive heard of people putting the whole box in the bed and just porting the sub into the cab, not actually cutting the entire back wall out just a section... i like this idea better for some reason...

ill do some research on em, if you know of any links off hand that would be awesome. thanks for the input...

Truck looks good. Welcome to SSA.