sundownz

SA-8 v.2 Prototype Video

:fing34:

Will the power rating and box sizes be the same for these as the V1's?

The softer spider is in -- when Sean comes up again testing will be done to make sure we are where we need to be on it.

In the mean-time I am making another production run of SA-8 v.1 as so many are still being sold.

Looking like next week sometime, possibly early in the week, depends when my steel for the Accord gets here.

should stomp a 8w7 though price is gonna be around the same =/

but it can take more power!

should stomp a 8w7 though price is gonna be around the same =/

but it can take more power!

SA-8 v.2 is going to be just a few dollars more than the SA-8 v.1 -- you are thinking of the X-8 -- in which case the 8W7 is 50% more expensive at MAP still.

Yes. Mechanically power handling will be down slightly due to the softer spider... but in box still easily 400+

Yes. Mechanically power handling will be down slightly due to the softer spider... but in box still easily 400+

:thanx:

I am going to bring in a very small run (less than 100 units) of the v.2 subs to test and send around to some folks to see what everyone can do with them :)

While we keep working towards the v.2 the v.1 will remain available for a while as I'm still not 100% happy with the v.2

I am going to bring in a very small run (less than 100 units) of the v.2 subs to test and send around to some folks to see what everyone can do with them :)

While we keep working towards the v.2 the v.1 will remain available for a while as I'm still not 100% happy with the v.2

Could I be on the some folks list? :D

Could I be on the some folks list? :D

X2 ill test em out for ya

im ready for another set of 4. are these going to available soon?

I have something special in the works for the v.2 of the SA-8

I decided that nothing I've tried yet makes me say "DAMN... that sure beats the first version hands down!" -- so I'm going farther with it before release.

This will drive cost up... but IMO will be totally worth it. I may be able to bump power handling up to 600 RMS to match the other sizes of the SA series.

Stay tuned.

Edited by sundownz

So the current preorder is the v.1 with new frame? Or v.2?

"While we keep working towards the v.2 the v.1 will remain available for a while as I'm still not 100% happy with the v.2

i bet that a sa-8 v2 with good ouput like the v1 or better, but softer parts to help make the sub go deeper, that could work well on a sealed enclosure will make the v2 a better sub. more like the so called ""SQL"" type of sub... hmmmmm.....