SAMZ

BTL vs BL (for the daily user)

Ive heard differnt things, one being that the BL is more for the daily beater and the BTL for the "competion sub"

Which is better for a daily sub that will not compete in SPL contests and who wants to have LOUD music.

Ive heard differnt things, one being that the BL is more for the daily beater and the BTL for the "competion sub"

Which is better for a daily sub that will not compete in SPL contests and who wants to have LOUD music.

Bump for answer...

BTL.

the btl has a new series, I believe the n1, n2, nsg. I believe the n2 would be the "daily driver" where as one of the others is spl tones only.

BL is great up to 2,000 watts, then you need a BTL. The BTL is more efficient though, so even below 2,000 watts it will beat the BL.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

BTL SG = Extreme SPL Only

BL is great up to 2,000 watts, then you need a BTL. The BTL is more efficient though, so even below 2,000 watts it will beat the BL.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

Couldn't be worded any better.

alright seems im getting a BTL

I've had both and I totally prefer the btl in every aspect and beat my btl daily for over two and half yaers and its still playing in the persons truck that I sold it to.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

There is nothing wrong with playing an n3 daily... no mechanical damage will occur from this type of use. They only listed it as a spl driver because the sound quality isn't good ib their eyes... but sound qualoty for the gen 2 was bad in their eyes too and I loved it.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

There is nothing wrong with playing an n3 daily... no mechanical damage will occur from this type of use. They only listed it as a spl driver because the sound quality isn't good ib their eyes... but sound qualoty for the gen 2 was bad in their eyes too and I loved it.

You have experience with the N3 then? No didn't think so, the motor force is too great for smooth response, which suggests SPL oriented.

I agree with you though, I'll be running an N3 daily, that's just the way Fi wants the lines broken down.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

You have experience with the N3 then? No didn't think so, the motor force is too great for smooth response, which suggests SPL oriented.

I agree with you though, I'll be running an N3 daily, that's just the way Fi wants the lines broken down.

Not trying to start anything with you at all. This is just information I've gathered from talking to nick over the course of the past month. If I knew then what I knew now I would surely have n3s instead of n2s as I personally loved the intense response of my geb 2 btl

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

Jump on his ass to agree with him. lol.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

The man who designed the woofers knows more than the man who has only seen pictures.

I'd rather not talk out of my ass and continue the spread of misinformation.

Not trying to start anything with you at all. This is just information I've gathered from talking to nick over the course of the past month. If I knew then what I knew now I would surely have n3s instead of n2s as I personally loved the intense response of my geb 2 btl

You think the Gen 2 was...more intense than the N2 ?

How do you compare both ? I've never heared the Gen2, but I love my 12" N2 !

To the OP, if you can afford the btl N2, then, get it !!!

On my 1500 watts amp, it shines, already ! I will run a 2500 watts amp soon (my sub is fully loaded). It will shine, even more !

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

The man who designed the woofers knows more than the man who has only seen pictures.

It'd be retarded for a sub to explode because it was sent more than just a single frequency.

BTL N1 = Sound Quality

BTL N2 = Loud Daily

BTL N3 = SPL Only

It'd be retarded for a sub to explode because it was sent more than just a single frequency.

It won't explode, but you can certainly scrape a coil.

Sure, but it depends on the user.

Fi is smart to not "hope" their customers are some of the select few who know how to treat their woofers.

Okay? But you still agreed with holley. Fi may say not to play music on the n3 but that doesn't mean it won't work.

Okay? But you still agreed with holley. Fi may say not to play music on the n3 but that doesn't mean it won't work.

I'll let you know how mine does on music ;)

Cant wait to see the failure threads on N3 subwoofers by customers playing music on them, especially by users whom have no idea what they are doing but see you guys doing it. :suicide-santa:

I'll let you know how mine does on music ;)

lol. Already know. Its going to sound like shit but get loud as shit. :P Or at least I hope, if you know what you're doing.

Jay-cee, its inevitable. Same thing with subsonic and gain setting basically here. Its been preached about lots of times. But there will always going to be people who blow subs whether it be the SSD or the BTL N3.