hove

Slave amp cuts off

Hey all I have an issue that's starting to annoy me.

I currently have 2x sundown 2500d strapped at 1hm each. Running 2X 15" in a 10 cube box tuned to 32hz. Electrical is dc ho alt 270, xsD3100 in front and rear. 3 runs of power and grounds are all doubled in 0 gauge.

What's happening started with the new box. The last box was a perfab bout 6cubes. When I play some songs that get real loud my slave cuts off. I can play it fine on alot of songs but when I get to the songs that have mad lows my slave amp cut out. When I'm driving i never drop below 13.2 Volts and i dont play at idle. Amps never get hot and happens right away when I play Thoes few songs.

What should I do!! Carl Casper is 2 days away :(

Have you tried disconnecting your master amp and running the slave as the sole amp, and seeing if it cuts off at high levels? Perhaps this could eliminate some of the possible problems.

u need to swap them around and see if it still does it if u plan on competing.

Worse case scenario, run them individually rather than strapped.

Get a bigger amp like we talked about bro, problem solved. :morepower1:

Get a bigger amp like we talked about bro, problem solved. :morepower1:

:guido::+1::morepower1:

Check your wires and make sure you don't have a single strand potentially arcing or touching metal. Double check all your power and ground connections at the amp and battery also, might have vibrated loose.

If you have a strapped pair the slave will be the first to protect in most instances as well.

May need to un-strap if you are on the edge of a protection condition.

The new box may have a lower rising impedance curve.

DUDE! your problem sounds just like mine! lol!

I also have 2-2500 and 2-12inch NS v1 lol!

Looks like we both need to unstrap and start over lol!

also if you cant' do the unstrap right away just turn your gains down!

After going to Carl Casper a couple ideas were tossed

To me. I charged my batteries last night. I regrounded my

Amps to the battery. What's happening is my slave amp is Dropping down to 11v so I know it's a voltage issue. :( I don't know how I can fix it at this point everything is right :(

I will un slave the amps not an issue. How do I give the second amp signal? Br out to br in still?

no use a Y cable!

and why / how do you know your slave was getting less then 11v dc? what is the other (master) amp getting?

if your batteries and amps are hooked in parallel both amps should have been getting less then 11vdc?

something like this

http://thesiliconhorizon.com/store/splitter-cable-inch-female-male-pi-70.html?osCsid=fc97e3cdfe09c8e7bcd755cd80ab5939

After going to Carl Casper a couple ideas were tossed

To me. I charged my batteries last night. I regrounded my

Amps to the battery. What's happening is my slave amp is Dropping down to 11v so I know it's a voltage issue. :( I don't know how I can fix it at this point everything is right :(

I will un slave the amps not an issue. How do I give the second amp signal? Br out to br in still?

That sounds like you could have a poor power or ground connection on the amp or at a battery.

Nope neither of the cases were true, he had his gain setting to high and clipping started when the songs cut off. He forget to reduce his gain after going from a lower preout headunit to a higher one. Luckily the slight clipping was causing his slave amp to go into protect and not causing further damage to his system. With the gain turned down lower, no more clipping or amp going into protect. Also he finally hit the 150db mark is happy.

Nope neither of the cases were true, he had his gain setting to high and clipping started when the songs cut off. He forget to reduce his gain after going from a lower preout headunit to a higher one. Luckily the slight clipping was causing his slave amp to go into protect and not causing further damage to his system. With the gain turned down lower, no more clipping or amp going into protect. Also he finally hit the 150db mark is happy.

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40: