rta60460

Help with sub decision plz

I am planning on running a single 12" sub to a precision power s2000.1 rated 2000rms@1ohm...I want a sub that will be loud, hit had, have extreme lows...i want SQ as well as SPL, i want the best of both worlds combined overall.....so far i been looking at image dynamics idqv.3, ssa icon, Fi Q , re audio sxx, and jl w6v2 ...any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..also it is just for every day driving set up

cant exactly have both all the way lol. I own a Fi Q, that might just do it for you, they get loud and sound good, not a full blown SPL woofer by any means but still just might do it for you. Ive heard a W6 and i didnt care for it too much at all. the rest i cant speak on. Ive heard wonderful things about the ssa icons. Also if your leaning a little more to the spl side of things may want to check out the Fi BL's.

Take a minute and read the noob guidelines, you could have really helped this thread out with some more information.. available space to work with, vehicle, any electrical upgrades. and budget

And welcome to the forum, good place with alot of good people.

Edited by smashedz28

welcome sir!!!

ICON ftw!!!

What about the ssa Xcon? Very powerful sub and they sound great. I have a 18" xcon tuned to 35 hz and it still murders the lows.

i been reading up on those new skar subs and they are sounding pretty tempting for the money, might pick up two of those, three if i have enough space....anyone know how the SQ is on these?

skar wont sound as good as an icon or xcon imo. i vote icon or xcon depending on power u want to use

Xcon based on power is my vote.

SQ when talking about woofers is a perfectly flat response, which is IMPOSSIBLE to have with high SPL numbers as SPL relies on a high peak somewhere in the frequency range.

You can have a loud woofer that sounds good, which can be acquired just by having a good box.

FI q, FI bl, icon or xcon. Any of these would impress you I am sure.

Xcon, Zcon, BTL, RE XXX come to mind if you want to run that amp @1ohm. Icon, BL, Q, SX would be good @2ohm. What's the budget like? Electrical?