shankumz

Cant decide from ssa xcon 12" or Fi BTL 12"

I know from the two subs that their unstoppable but, i cannot really decide. I've been a huuge fan of Fi car audio and has been my favorite for years now untill i ran into ssa audio. The two are almost the same to me. I dont really know the difference between the two of them. Their both the same price and can take about the same amount of watts rms rated. Both have 1 ohm DVC. If there is anyone out there that has heard from these two subwoofers please help me.

Is one for SQ and the other for SPL or something? I want something that can take a enormous amount of power and can take a lot of excursion. I wanted something that has a huge amount of kick and can be heard outside and rumble your ribcage :morepower1:

Edited by TehShankums

i have never heard an xcon in person but i have heard an 18 zcon and an 18 btl. they're both great subs, beyond belief really. i know the zcon has a higher rms rating and all but... i'd go with the ssa any day just because it sounds cleaner to me. the btl was in an explorer, the zcon was in a 4 door jimmy. similar environments. both had great boxes and the electrical to keep up with amps need.

that being said, i still would say SSA, not because we're on their site, but because i love the clarity of the subs and the look. someone else will hopefully chime in soon to help you out more than i can

Toss a coin on which is better! Both great drivers with excellent customer service!

Is one for SQ and the other for SPL or something? I want something that can take a enormous amount of power and can take a lot of excursion. I wanted something that has a huge amount of kick and can be heard outside and rumble your ribcage

You're looking for a BTL or a Zcon (not released yet). IMO

The Xcon is not made to "take an enormous amount of power".

if the xcon is in ur power range, its going to be loud and sound really good. i would take it over the btl myself

You're looking for a BTL or a Zcon (not released yet). IMO

The Xcon is not made to "take an enormous amount of power".

^ this

Let me add a little to this. The Zcon and BTL are both just bonkers drivers. They are different though. The BTL is a freak, truly one of the flat out best on the market with sheer output is your goal. The Zcon has a little more daily driver dialed in. In no way am I saying the BTL is not a daily driver, it is outstanding in every regard and it can be customized where the Zcon won't be able to. We were considering offering the machined cooling as optional for the Zcon, but in the end we decided it was best to just have all Zcons with the special cooling. Head to head, no one has tested them yet, so we cannot say one will be louder.

Think of it this way, the BTL-N2 is at the top of the heap in terms of daily use, VERY high output drivers. The Zcon is the brother to the Xcon in terms of answering the demand for people trying to put up uber numbers with the Xcon, or wanting to run 2000+ watts. BTL has the weight advantage, if that is an issue for anyone. Either way, both will make you look like this:

jeremy-clarkson.jpg

So yes, in the end it is a win win choice, just need to figure out if you want the Panamera Turbo or the 911 Turbo, if you know what I am saying.

;)

I love Porsche !

The Xcon can be very loud, but the BTL is a beast !

I had used both, and I love them both. I'd love a Zcon, but it wasn't out when I needed a sub, and the light weight of the BTL N2 was very interesting for my little car !

Good luck !

Zcon!

I'd pick the N2, Fi has toned down the BTL N2 a bit from the beast the Gen 2 was, better for daily now.

Best use of smily ^^^

Have you tried the "flip a coin" method mentioned before?

Best use of smily ^^^

Have you tried the "flip a coin" method mentioned before?

Ah yes ofcourse. This coin that i have in my hand will be the choice that will be stuck with me for a long time.

I will be back with an update

Heads - Fi BTL N2

Tails - SSA Xcon 12

AND IT IS..... (drum roll)

2549021-american-penny-tails.jpg

FEELS%20GOODMAN.jpg

Edited by TehShankums

Get the Btl. I cant promise that it will sound better than the xcon because it most likely wont but it will get much louder. You will definitely be pleased!

Get the Btl. I cant promise that it will sound better than the xcon because it most likely wont but it will get much louder. You will definitely be pleased!

Your right. I love fi audio i litterly would sleep with the sub. Buut being real i will get it.

I was hoping for heads on the coin toss lol. I SHOULDNT OF FLIPPED MY HAND