Twitch

Stop the dimming!

Just got a 95 altima

little 4 banger

already going to replace the battery

looking to replace the alternator but question is how will i know what alternator will fit and how big should/can i go?

also the big 3 will be applied

poor poor electrical system

what amp u gott u might be fine wt the big 3.

I mean i got about 1800watts and all i did was the big 3 and my dimming is minimal

power acoustic 2400d running at 1 ohm

and power acoustic 520

ran to orion h215.2

and orion 6.5 comps

MmmMmm

i figure i'm replacing the battery might as well replace the alternator also

bye the way the h2 is for sale.

i want to pick up that new mag

Edited by Twitch

Usually the higher peak amperage the lower the idle amperage is.

Get whatever you can afford.

A simple 180A/200A alt will work just fine.

The alt company should ask you for your engine size car make,model and year

u know u can run those PA's down to .5 right.

I've been runnin mine like that since i got it and its had no problems.

Now the legacy i use for my insides is another story,lol. :fing34:

Just looked for a h.o. alt for your car... nothing for the 95

I did find a couple for 93 and 94... 2.4L engines. Not sure if there is a differance that would make those not work though.

Iraggi's 200amp for $269.00

Iraggi's 180amp for $249.00

Both put out 90amps at idle. Of course you could contact Iraggi for more info.

For some reason this post sounded like an advertisement.. It wasn't meant to be.

YAh those pa's are beasts

thanks for the help. I'll be putting it to good use here soon.

and once i get the car nice and cleaned up i'll make sure to have the pics up

Stock output is 80 amps. Hitachi. Be careful of Hi-amp models with this brand. Anyone can add a rewound stator and/or rotor, but the other components are the main key in the durability.

There are ways around the low output at idle, but they tend to be rather pricey, so most people take the tradeoff.

Stock output is 80 amps.  Hitachi.  Be careful of Hi-amp models with this brand.  Anyone can add a rewound stator and/or rotor, but the other components are the main key in the durability.

There are ways around the low output at idle, but they tend to be rather pricey, so most people take the tradeoff.

Please explain or PM me :)

Stock output is 80 amps.

It's not applicable to all alts, but expect an email.

Don't want to high jack, but do you wanna copy me too fryr? Or start a discussion post in the Auto section.

As for your alternator, you may get close enough finding an Infiniti model that will bolt in, my guess is that they would be significantly larger and probably okay and better at idle. Not sure on the rice burners, but Lincolns definetely come with a bigger version than their Ford counterpart. Worth looking into, but I know nothing of the new Infinities. Loved the first Q45's though, just unbelievably expensive to fix.

It's not applicable to all alts, but expect an email.

Don't want to high jack, but do you wanna copy me too fryr? Or start a discussion post in the Auto section.

As for your alternator, you may get close enough finding an Infiniti model that will bolt in, my guess is that they would be significantly larger and probably okay and better at idle. Not sure on the rice burners, but Lincolns definetely come with a bigger version than their Ford counterpart. Worth looking into, but I know nothing of the new Infinities. Loved the first Q45's though, just unbelievably expensive to fix.

I'll see if I can get a little write-up going with my limited knowledge.

As far as the Infinty stuff is concerned, The unit he has now will be the ONLY drop-in replacement, ie no modification necessary. With modification you could in essence make any alt work as long as the regulator functioned just as the stock one. Refulators are weird: they can look the same or have the same terminals, yet be electrically different in the functions.

As for the Ford's, since the they have 6 "generations" of alts (1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G,6G) and will have a small and large case for each. The smaller one is generally a lower output. For instance, my Taurus and Cobra use a 3G-130 amp unit, while it's ounterpart is the 3G-95 amp unit. The 95 amper will have a slightly smaller case, something not too distinguishable unless you have them next to each other.

If you really want to get confused, have a dabble at Delcos. They have such minor differences that are often impossible to catch without years of experience working on them. I am always grabbing an incorrent end-frame. Ticks me off.

If it makes you guys feel any better, every single "stock" alt I've tested has always done 10-30% more than rated output.

Cool.

Luckily i have the 130A version in my new burb.