shaker1

box help 2 18's SMD + stetsom 7k2d

hey guys have 2 18" smd subs, have xtra cab f150,trying to do NW have 20d x 24h x 57w so i have 11cuft = 5.5 per sub,trying to get into the 50's but i cant seem to get there, any help appr.I have interchangeable port spl port 17x 13 thats the biggest i could fit, subs up on passenger port up on driver,double 13 ply birch all of box,running stetsom 7k2d 4xs power batts (2700's) 1 h/o alt ohio gen.4 runs 0 gauge 2 pwr 2grnd to the 3 batts in rear,should i just go for the wall? i'd get about 20 cu ft. SSNW1-2. ANY HELP THNKS

Have you found your vehicles peak frequency? Test with different port firing directions in the truck.

tried facing the port any way other than up? This the only box you've tried?

no, tried subs up port forward at bottom,subs forward on left side,port forward on driver side. subs in middle top,two ports up one on each side.havent tried subs forward port forward in center.

hmm. def. something to try. Take out anything that could be an option. what scores have you got so far? are you needing another .2 db or 3db?

add another alt for more power? what size do you have?

about 148 have a ohio gen 220 the only co. that i know makes bracket for dual is DC $400 plus i have to use one of their alt as 2nd $650 270xp, i sent back the ohio and they beefed it up for me did 322 amps havnt tried it out yet, adding 12 runs of 0guage more thought of getting bigger amp but with new wires maybe i can get higer #s

buddys wall of 4-15" comps does 149s :(

You should be well above that. I would try walling it......or be badass and get a blowthrough :)

buddys wall of 4-15" comps does 149s :(

You should be well above that. I would try walling it......or be badass and get a blowthrough :)

4 15s have a big cone area advantage over a pair of 18s... just saying.

It's all in the cabin tho. The same equipment swapped from one vehicle to another can be worlds different in output.