Sign in to follow this  
juan

Looking to buy 50ft. of power wire. Which brand?

you can get your own stuff printed on that cable lol. plus it has a ton of different colors. would like to see a review of that myself. price isnt horrible either.

you can get your own stuff printed on that cable lol. plus it has a ton of different colors. would like to see a review of that myself. price isnt horrible either.

We should propose some SSA branded wire! :fing34:

I don't know where you get this "it's not very flexible" stuff from... I have Supraflex in 4/0 (yes 0000) that I have tied in a knot..... A knot the size of your fist.... And I bought it in black and red, not just orange.... So look around...

Can definitely vouch for this as I have 4/0 welding cable as well and it is very flexible.

I don't know where you get this "it's not very flexible" stuff from... I have Supraflex in 4/0 (yes 0000) that I have tied in a knot..... A knot the size of your fist.... And I bought it in black and red, not just orange.... So look around...

Can definitely vouch for this as I have 4/0 welding cable as well and it is very flexible.

Only question i have is where did you get it, and also do they have 4/0ga connectors, or did you have to downsize it some how?

Don't ever "downsize" or cut strands to fit in a connector.... That is just ghetto...

They make copper ends for all sizes of cable, normally they will have them where you buy the cable. You will just need a serious mofo crimper, but again, most welding supply places will have a crimper and will do it for you... You just have to look around...

You can also find ends that are not bare copper, they are plated and won't corrode. Most of the time these are not rated awg in the size you need, instead in CU or copper units. Places that sell industrial wiring will have them, best bet is just buy a few and see what fits best. They will be cheaper than "car audio" terminations...

Ok, just bought some wire from welding supply. Thanks btw. How many runs of 1/0 do i need to run to the rear bat? I have a 3400 series deka up front and a 3100 series deka in the rear next to my amps. I also have a dc 270xp series alt aswell. Is there a diagram somewhere on how to properly wire my setup. Also o, running a saz 3000d and sax 100.4d. Thanks

Edited by juan

Only question i have is where did you get it, and also do they have 4/0ga connectors, or did you have to downsize it some how?

Here ya go:

4/0 wire & 4/0 connectors

scroll down the page and you will see wire and connectors.

Ok, just bought some wire from welding supply. Thanks btw. How many runs of 1/0 do i need to run to the rear bat? I have a 3400 series deka up front and a 3100 series deka in the rear next to my amps. I also have a dc 270xp series alt aswell. Is there a diagram somewhere on how to properly wire my setup. Also o, running a saz 3000d and sax 100.4d. Thanks

1 run should be find bro.

If you have enough wire do 1 of + and 1 of -. Run + front to back + and - front to - back.

Post some pics of your build when you start.

:drink40: