Sign in to follow this  
MattTheBaker123

Anyway of determining amp failure or some sort of problem?

Hey guys,

I made a post about a problem with my fully loaded bl. Its just not as loud as it once was and Im still having problems but ive ruled out about everything and rewired everything. Now im thinking its my amp that is the problem. Is there a way to tell if your amp isn't working properly? I can't figure out how to tell i took off the faceplate and didnt see anything and it still turns on just fine. My only concern is i backed into a truck and so my trunk is slightly bent up a little bit making the seal not very affective causing my amp to get frost on it when i put my back seat up at night. Is there any way to really be able to tell if my amp is having a problem? Im running a kicker zx 1000.1.

Thanks

Check the connection on the amp terminals and the sub one time one of my terminals on my amp got messed up and made it reduce the ohm load and make the output of the sub suffer alot!

Do you have a buddy who you can swap amps with just for testing? No real good way for us to tell you how to check if your amp is working 100% correctly.

If it turns on and has output then there isn't much to check, I guess you could use a clamp meter to try and gauge the output, but that's pretty vague as is.

Check the connection on the amp terminals and the sub one time one of my terminals on my amp got messed up and made it reduce the ohm load and make the output of the sub suffer alot!

Definately. I re-wired just about everything today, but ill double check my terminal connections on my amp tomorrow for sure.

Thanks

Do you have a buddy who you can swap amps with just for testing? No real good way for us to tell you how to check if your amp is working 100% correctly.

If it turns on and has output then there isn't much to check, I guess you could use a clamp meter to try and gauge the output, but that's pretty vague as is.

Yeah, fortunately my friend has the same exact set up as me but has the bl 12 so were amp swapping tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback

Good good mat hopefully you figure out the problem :)

I swapped my buddies zx 1000.1 into my car today and had the same problem i even ran a new ground and im still having the problem. Now i know its not my amp thank god but wth could it be? :puzzled:

what about your rca's

did you swap your amp to your friends car ?

checked settings on radio ?

Sign in to follow this