Another 12" Subwoofer Vs Thread

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you pick!

• Xcon
    • Nightshade
    • Death Penalty
    • DC level 4 XL
    • Other..post your opinion in the reply

I am in the market for another sub again. Going with a single 12 setup ported..can go up to 2.5 cu ft ported tuned low. I might just have a 2.5 cu ft built tuned 30-33hz and drop in one of these subs once I decide which one. I have about 1500-2000 watts on tap at 1 ohm mono.

Right now I cant decide what to get next. I see pro and cons for all of these subs...I am thinking I can't go wrong with any of these choices but I want to see if someone can help narrow it down further. Right now I have 2 flatlynes...sounds fantastic!, but I am a basshead and want to go ported and use the full potential of the amp. I have a trunk car so I can only afford to port 1 sub to keep the weight down.

Xcon..I read that it is a good mix for spl and also accuracy. I can get a good deal on a used one.

Nightshade..has over 2 inches of excursion! only requires a 1.5-2.25 box!,, but then again the heavy weight cancels that out. Will 1500 watts be enough? it seems like everyone is giving it alot more wattage. Also, it is tough to find now since it has been dc'ed. I am looking for a used v2 though.

DP..I have owned 2 different lines of IA and I wont mind stepping up another level. Sub is lighter than the xcon and NS...requires 2.5 box avg. However, can't find one used or a good deal yet.

DC level 4 XL..weighs slightly more than the xcon. One advantage is that it requires only a 1.5 cu ft box and it is cheaper than the other listed brands.

Place your 'opinions' on which one would be the loudest at 1500-2000 watts in their respected enclosure or 2.5 cu ft tuned to 30 hz and still retain some sort of accuracy lol.

I know many hate these versus threads..but I am just trying to narrow my options down and I can't seem to do it.

Edited by a4b7

Your gonna hear they all do different things but I would look into DC. :bandwagon2:

The Xcon is in a little different segment then the rest. The other three are more purpose built very high output drivers, the Xcon is an SQ driver that has high output abilities.

I'd go with either the xcon, nightshade, fi bl, or fi btl. Either one you can get the better deal on.

Xcon is leaned more towards SQ, but it does get loud. (Personally heard them do work ;)

BTL is designed to be a very loud but musical driver.

BL is similar to BTLs purpose but on a lower level. (I personally had a bl and loved it)

Nightshades are designed to get loud as well but still play music like the btls, everyone on the forums who have'm love'm :)

for some reason I really want to try the xcon. I am waiting for a good deal on a used one to pop up one day. On a side note..should I use 1 6" aeroport or 2 4" aeroport for the xcon. I bought the 2 4" already since they were on sale on parts express and just read a couple threads that said the 1 6" is better for higher output subs.

Nightshade is a great daily driver that has a lot of output capability. Might be hard to get a new driver built as the motors are still being built

The IA is a brutal output daily driver with great sq. I have owned the Lethal Injection series and currently run the Death Row series. Just plain impressive imo.

Xcon as Denim mentioned is a SQ driver first but has great output and can handle alot of power for a SQ designed sub woofer. I have a 10" DCON and that is quite an impressive little sub woofer.

Fi/AA is another great option to look into as they have quite a range of drivers that can meet or excede your expectations.

Not a DC fan but that doesn't matter here.

All comes down to budget.

IA Or Fi Ftmfw.

And Yes, I'm Biased.

thanks for all the replies. another company caught my eye and i end up getting something not posted in the poll above. it should be home later tonight! will posted pictures this weekend when i get back into town

here are the teaser pictures...well not really teaser since you will be able to identify the sub from looking at it.

My newest toy...but will still probably try the xcon out when I see one for cheap.

I was going to rotate it, but when I did..it made the sub look short and stubby. So just tilt your head or your screen for now lol.

med_gallery_2812_2_167162.jpg

med_gallery_2812_2_846874.jpg

Just curious as to why you want to keep the weight down?

I am trying to keep it as light as possible since my car is lowered. I have a full size spare(came with car) in my trunk. With the spare, a full tank of gas, and 1 12" in a small sealed box leaves my wheel well flush with the tires. With the 2 12" flatlynes, it is almost tucking. I know I can raise it but it is a pain in the ass to adjust the coilovers in the rear..so i just left it the way it is for the last couple years. I like the way it looks, handles well...just sometimes not practical when it come to hauling more guest or going across big bumps.

A T3 sub. Looks nice. Never had any experience with them tho.

Edit: put T2 by accident. I meant T3

Edited by swagger_wagon468

T.2000?

:peepwall:

I would look into a T3 Audio T.2000, Ascendant Audio Havoc, or Fi Q

Edited by hdorre

probably saw video where it dies in a burp..... but that is a good sub good stuff for the money.

Things break here and there good to see reality once in awhile

Edited by crunkjuice1

i wouldnt touch a T3 sub.

I have one :peepwall:

which t3 do you have?...I had the t2000 in the car for about 2 weeks but barely time to test it/push it. Playtime is the drive to and from work which last about 15 minutes lol. So far I am enjoying it, it's wayyy louder than my previous 2 12's which doesn't surprise me...even though it is not as accurate as the flatlyne's. I bought the sub with the intent of having a daily ground pounder...I have no plans on burping the sub or entering any comps.