Sign in to follow this  
fiveoh

Will this box work well with Q 12?

Im leaning towards an FI Q 12 in a sealed box(mainly concerned with SQ). Will it work well with this box?

http://www.mtx.com/thunderforms/p_32/Mustang_2005_2011/show.html

I really like the way its designed to fit in my car and dont want to shell out the extra $$$ for a custom box in the same spot.

What options should I get on the Q?

I'll be pushing it with a JBL 600.1 amp.

Thank you.

id get all the options besides the SPL option, i could not open the link of the web page you opened, since its sealed, just make sure the air space matches the requirements of the driver.

also i would definitely look into a bigger amp. Its the FI Q is rated for 1000RMS, maybe an AQ1200 they are 250$ and you wont have to run the amp maxed out to get the desired output of your sub.

i have 2 12'' q's in a ported box never got into the sealed thing but i wouldnt recommend using a prefab box, and your gonna starve the sub for power and turn the volume knob up a little to much with that amp i would consider lookin into a new amp i used to run 2 600.1 alpines and i did just what i said therefore i upgraded to a bigger amp... the q is a great sub work well in sealed and ported plus you could design the sealed box yourself and it wouldnt cost much to build

Don't listen to the above comments, you do not need a bigger amplifier. If you find yourself wanting more output, then you could certainly upgrade to a bigger amp, but just because they are rated for 1000watts does not mean you need a 1000watt amp.

Can't see the exact enclosure on the site unless you tell us what vehicle and year it is.

All options except the spl. When they say "universal' that means when you go to recone it (if you blow it) the you can change to Dual 1 or Dual 2, which may come in handy. It is kind of hard to tell if a subwoofer will sound good, unless somebody has the exact same application.

I'm running two Q12s in sealed boxes with 1.5 cubes per sub. I am running each of them with a Rockford Fosgate P500-2. These amps do not push this sub very far given the small amount of power, but overall I have four 12s in my car so it still gets pretty loud. My Rockford amps are probably very close to the amps that you are thinking about using as far as power is concerned. From my experience, I do know that my amps are having a hard time pushing these subs. They sound great with the amps i'm using, but an FI Q could probably take 1,500 watts RMS without a problem. For that reason, it is really hard for an amp of this size to push the cone. I am even thinking about upgrading to bigger amps sometime in the future. It sounds great, but I wouldn't mind getting some more power sometimes just to get them a bit louder.

stefanhinote?... its up to fiveoh, you may starve the sub and lack output or u can spend the extra money get a bigger amp, its personal preference.. i just prefer extra power just so i don't have to run my amp wide open. anyway regardless of what you do amp wise it will sound good.

Sign in to follow this