Babbar Khalsa

Begginer PLZ help for those who are experienced

Hey everyone im new to car audio. I am planning on doing something not too small and not too big for my first setup. I kinda have everything planned out i need some help from u guys too tell me what i should do and whats best for me. Well am planning on buying 1 fi btl 18" woofer with a 5000 watt amp that kicks out 2500 watts rms. I have a toyota tacoma 03 with a 4 cylinder engine. im new to this so i dont really know much, i was wondering if i need to do any upgrades to my alternator and battery to supply power. PLZ guys it is very much appreciated for a response asap THANKS!

I'd look into a bigger alt, big three, and an upgraded battery under the hood and go from there.

How much $$ do you have to spend?

It sounds funny to say that you want 'not too big' and pick then pick an 18" BTL and want to push it with 2500 watts :)

It sounds funny to say that you want 'not too big' and pick then pick an 18" BTL and want to push it with 2500 watts :)

My exact thoughts lol

:sleepwerd4: Big 3 and a big battery under hood would be a good start, what's your budget like?

..18 btl is just you know a small system lmfao!

Welcome .... :drink40:

Electrical, Electrical, Electrical!

yeah the electrical upgrade and wires will be about the price of the amp and sub....

Edited by Dictator1992

Start small, then upgrade as you go. While I like to do everything at once, you don't always need a higher output alt. Since you're new to car audio, why do you think you need an 18" woofer and 5KW? Is it because other people you know do? Think about it.

I think an 18" BTL isnt too big for a first major install as long as you do your research and fully understand what your getting yourself into. Expect to buy a good alternator (not a db electric alt) a good battery.. probably 2. Some decent 1/0 gauge wire.

An 18" BTL was my first major install and i love it, still plenty of room to go bigger when the funds are there.

Hopefully you either want a tremendous amount of bass or you have heard a btl before because in the right enclosure your going to have some serious bass.

Ask plenty of questions here if you need to, just provide as much info as you can to help get you some good answers.

what amp is it you got your eye on?

I have 3000 bucks ta spend bro

I think an 18" BTL isnt too big for a first major install as long as you do your research and fully understand what your getting yourself into. Expect to buy a good alternator (not a db electric alt) a good battery.. probably 2. Some decent 1/0 gauge wire.

An 18" BTL was my first major install and i love it, still plenty of room to go bigger when the funds are there.

Hopefully you either want a tremendous amount of bass or you have heard a btl before because in the right enclosure your going to have some serious bass.

Ask plenty of questions here if you need to, just provide as much info as you can to help get you some good answers.

hey thanks bro alot i really appreciate it man because this is my first time doing an instal and i need help. The amp am looking forward on buying is http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/rockfordfosgatepowert2500-1bdt25001bd.aspx But idk how i should power all this, i get real confused since i am inexperienced. If i get 2 batteries and 1 h/o alt how should this setup be? h/o alt connect to both batteries? am sorry if my question are stupid bro. does 2 yellow tops sound good with one h/o alt? and how should the alternator wiring be if it is charging 2 batteries. thx again bro for ur help

Why do you feel you need an 18 and that much power?

I'd look into a bigger alt, big three, and an upgraded battery under the hood and go from there.

Hey thx alot for the help bro. do you know where i can buy 0 guage wires for the big 3 and about the battery should i install a h/o alt if its going to be a bigger battery

:sleepwerd4: Big 3 and a big battery under hood would be a good start, what's your budget like?

am not too concerned about the budget. i say about 3k for everything maybe what type of bigger battery should i get and where can i get 0 gauge wires

Hey thx alot for the help bro. do you know where i can buy 0 guage wires for the big 3 and about the battery should i install a h/o alt if its going to be a bigger battery

For some good quality affordable cable you can go to weldingsupply.com. Also, if you truly plan on running 2500w daily, you should definitely invest in a high output alt. In some cases you can get away with holding off on the ho alt but, if you really do have $3000 to spend, theres no reason for you to wait. If you can fit it under your hood, a nice group 31 batt such as the xs d3100 or deka 9a31 is a must. A large batt such as the ones stated could probably satisfy your system for daily beating. However, additional batteries are always a plus as long as your alt can keep upp. If you dont want to dive into all these upgrades right away you could always get a smaller amp, maybe a 1500d or something similar, which will be less harsh on a stock electrical but still satisfy a Btl until upgrades are practical. :fing34:

Start with your goals not what YOU think you need.

hey thanks bro alot i really appreciate it man because this is my first time doing an instal and i need help. The amp am looking forward on buying is http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/rockfordfosgatepowert2500-1bdt25001bd.aspx But idk how i should power all this, i get real confused since i am inexperienced. If i get 2 batteries and 1 h/o alt how should this setup be? h/o alt connect to both batteries? am sorry if my question are stupid bro. does 2 yellow tops sound good with one h/o alt? and how should the alternator wiring be if it is charging 2 batteries. thx again bro for ur help

I spent $3000k easy and i dont have a H/O yet lol, id just start buy stuff, if you want a BTL then make the purchase and youll have more commitment after that

Edited by RichyMitch925

For some good quality affordable cable you can go to weldingsupply.com. Also, if you truly plan on running 2500w daily, you should definitely invest in a high output alt. In some cases you can get away with holding off on the ho alt but, if you really do have $3000 to spend, theres no reason for you to wait. If you can fit it under your hood, a nice group 31 batt such as the xs d3100 or deka 9a31 is a must. A large batt such as the ones stated could probably satisfy your system for daily beating. However, additional batteries are always a plus as long as your alt can keep upp. If you dont want to dive into all these upgrades right away you could always get a smaller amp, maybe a 1500d or something similar, which will be less harsh on a stock electrical but still satisfy a Btl until upgrades are practical. :fing34:

I dont know how to instal an alternator and wire it up to the battery. should i buy the h/o alt and battery then get it serviced at a shop? and will my electrical components be safe with a bigger battery or will it equal out the power with the amp? one thing is i dont want a whole load of power going to my electrical components and then see it get blown up. i am up for this upgrade but i need to know if its safe to do so

Edited by Babbar Khalsa

I dont know how to instal an alternator and wire it up to the battery. should i buy the h/o alt and battery then get it serviced at a shop? and will my electrical components be safe with a bigger battery or will it equal out the power with the amp? one thing is i dont want a whole load of power going to my electrical components and then see it get blown up. i am up for this upgrade but i need to know if its safe to do so

I myself have never installed an alt but, if I was planning to do so, I would probably just watch a couple vids, ask for some advice and give it a shot. Probably not the smartest method but to each his own. If you feel uncomfortable with such installations than it would probably behoove of you to have it serviced at a shop (hopefully they dont charge you up the ass). Also, an electrical upgrade will not fry your stock electrical components. If anything, it will be beneficial to your cars stock electrical system in total.

Im surprised this hasn't been brought up yet but a toyota tacoma.. where exactly are you going to put this 18" sub at? If im not mistaken thats a truck. the enclosure for that speaker will be pretty large. You may want to sort that out before you go any farther with this build.

For 3000$ you SHOULD be able to do this build, i did mine for about the same dollar amount. It sounds like you have never done an install before.. that could be trouble for you. My advice is really pay attention to what your doing, if you dont know make sure to ask. Installing an alternator can be easy or very hard depending on the car. I have no clue where your alt is located on your engine, in my case I did it on a chevy and its easy as can be. Another thing is you chose a nice amp, but a pricey one. You can get an amp that will do the same thing for a ton less. Look into sundown amps, those will cost less than fosgate and do you just fine. Or as a 2nd choice i would go audioque for an amp. probably the 2200.

for wire look into weldingsupply.com or knukonceptz.com , both should do well for you.

Listen to M5, build your system around your goals.

I myself have never installed an alt but, if I was planning to do so, I would probably just watch a couple vids, ask for some advice and give it a shot. Probably not the smartest method but to each his own. If you feel uncomfortable with such installations than it would probably behoove of you to have it serviced at a shop (hopefully they dont charge you up the ass). Also, an electrical upgrade will not fry your stock electrical components. If anything, it will be beneficial to your cars stock electrical system in total.

aight thanks alot bro i was a bit confused with the battery but a guy helped me out on this shit. he told me its only the battery's capacity that gets bigger not the output voltage this is why i was asking if it would fry anything. hey am looking forward on getting the pieces solved out now. do you know where a good h/o alt is sold? am planning to go ask a dealership and audio shop how much they charger before i buy the alt

Im surprised this hasn't been brought up yet but a toyota tacoma.. where exactly are you going to put this 18" sub at? If im not mistaken thats a truck. the enclosure for that speaker will be pretty large. You may want to sort that out before you go any farther with this build.

For 3000$ you SHOULD be able to do this build, i did mine for about the same dollar amount. It sounds like you have never done an install before.. that could be trouble for you. My advice is really pay attention to what your doing, if you dont know make sure to ask. Installing an alternator can be easy or very hard depending on the car. I have no clue where your alt is located on your engine, in my case I did it on a chevy and its easy as can be. Another thing is you chose a nice amp, but a pricey one. You can get an amp that will do the same thing for a ton less. Look into sundown amps, those will cost less than fosgate and do you just fine. Or as a 2nd choice i would go audioque for an amp. probably the 2200.

for wire look into weldingsupply.com or knukonceptz.com , both should do well for you.

Listen to M5, build your system around your goals.

thx alot bro. am gonna go with a h/o alt installed from a dealer ship or audio shop and see how much they cost as well. my alt on the tacoma is right in the front easy to grab and in the open. the tacoma is no problem for the 18 inch im positve i will be able to make a good spot for it. ye the amp is pricey :( lets see what i can find i will search for the names u sent me

Im not exactly familiar with the tacoma's, doesnt sound like you can be talked out of it but the box your going to need for an 18" BTL will be pretty large. I dont suggest just throwing that thing in anything you can fit it in. Enclosure will more than definitely be a huge part of your install.