triggergun

4 RLP 15's

I just recently purchased 4 RLP 15's. This is my first SoundSplinter purchase. I bought the dual 4 ohm version. I have a enclosure built that is 13.14 cubic feet NET volume.All 4 subs share the same 13.14 cubic foot chamber. The port is 6x 24 with a length of 18" tuning it to roughly 31.5 hz. These will be fed by a hifonics colossus. My options are to give each sub 750 watts each or 600 watts each. With each sub seeing 3.2 feet will I be over powering them?? Any suggestions would be helpful. I can easily slug the box if needed. Also, any thoughts on all 4 subs all sharing the same air space? This is for a LSQ daily driver with a emphasis on lower octaves. "I mainly listen to bass cd's and rap" Thanks!!!!!

man, with 4 or those it would be hard to make that anything but hella loud. As far as volume, SS seem to be pretty right on as far as their normal recs so if you follow that you should be okay. I'd love to see pics of the install and box if you have any. I think you could even slug the box a little and still be fine. Many people say 2.5 cubes ported is great.

later,

b

I just recently purchased 4 RLP 15's. This is my first SoundSplinter purchase. I bought the dual 4 ohm version. I have a enclosure built that is 13.14 cubic feet NET volume.All 4 subs share the same 13.14 cubic foot chamber. The port is 6x 24 with a length of 18" tuning it to roughly 31.5 hz. These will be fed by a hifonics colossus. My options are to give each sub 750 watts each or 600 watts each. With each sub seeing 3.2 feet will I be over powering them?? Any suggestions would be helpful. I can easily slug the box if needed. Also, any thoughts on all 4 subs all sharing the same air space? This is for a LSQ daily driver with a emphasis on lower octaves. "I mainly listen to bass cd's and rap"  Thanks!!!!!

box sounds jsut fine...give them the 750....u'll be deaf in no time..lol..

and enjoy!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You won't be overpowering them with that amount of power and enclosure size - I use my single RL-p15 in a 3.5 net @ 25 Hz, fed with anywhere from 600-1200 watts depending on my mood. No problems. One thing you might want to consider is that if for some reason one driver fails, your box suddenly becomes quite large for the remaining drivers. It is for this reason that I prefer seperate chambers, but so long as you're paying attention and know what you're doing, you should have a nice setup there.

only 4 of them?

You will have to raise your suspension to turn them on, otherwise you will have scuffage.

Is the box going to be in the cab or the same way how you had your other box? I think I would be skeeeerred to sit in that truck.

WOW that is going be awesome, at 30hz it will drop the lows so strong

man that will be a sick setup. i have 1 RL-p 15 fed ~1000 watts and it's plenty loud. i can only imagine what 4 of them can do...

geez my two 12's are already killing my ears like no other.... 4 15's in a freakin truck... you better win a comp or two with that chit hahah