im doing the big 3 and was wandering why people put fuses between the alt and batterie + is it to save the cars eletrical system or is it to prevent the wire from melting???

Same as fusing the power lead going to the rear for your amps, protects the wire in case of accident.

i will be fusing it still. i just wana know what amp fuse to use

What alt. are you using? You usually fuse for the wire size.

Good choice with the fuse

If the alt. puts out say 200amp and your wire is good to say 300amp, I don't think a fuse is necessary since theoretically, the wire will never see enough power to cause meltdown. I don't think it's really a bad idea to fuse it though and will most likely fuse mine in a few days.

Hey better safe then sorry when it comes to fuses and burning down a car! and if the insurance company learns the fire started from an un-fused wire then they will just LOL at you lol!

at any rate if the wire is rated for 300amps then use a fuse that is 300amps!

the fuse is there to protect the car .. not the the wire .

it acts the same way as your stock power wire. it also has a fuse on it , wish is located in the fuse block

the hole purpose of a fuse is in case the wire gets cut and it touches any metal and arcing .. the fuse then will pop preventing the current from flowing and damaging any other electrical

hope this helps .