basshead7890

When are the new SSD subs gonna come out?

When they're ready to come out.

Sorry, but if I recall correctly, Fi never gives out a date. One day you go to sleep with the SSD's still in the works and one day you'll wake up to find that they're in production.

When they're ready to come out.

Sorry, but if I recall correctly, Fi never gives out a date. One day you go to sleep with the SSD's still in the works and one day you'll wake up to find that they're in production.

This.

Lol... well I wished they were ready to go. Waiting on steel still. It is taking a little more time than anticipated to get the steel right (not on the final machining side, but on the raw formed side). There is quite a bit going into these little guys and I am VERY happy with things so far. I will have an update tomorrow when I am in LA. We have several different things going right now with the last of our raw steel coming back to the US for production, and none seem to be "easy".

Thanks,

Scott

Patience guys. Scott is doing some great things building these subs with the materials and vendors he is using. It is nice to see people seeking out ways to keep thing on US soil.

It is nice to see people seeking out ways to keep thing on US soil.

x2

I'm curious to see the new SSD. I need new woofer and they had so many choices :peepwall:

Will the price still be the same?

From what I read they tried to keep it very close.

Which is amazing. Companies using all china parts have sub direct that cost more.

Fi FTW.

It will go up a little bit..because it has to.

But it is still on par with the course considering people are paying around 200 bucks for a Chinese produced 12 that is far less of a sub.

:woot: USA produced steel!

That is big. ;)

It will go up a little bit..because it has to.

But it is still on par with the course considering people are paying around 200 bucks for a Chinese produced 12 that is far less of a sub.

Agreed.

I'm curious on wtf else Fi is working on.

Baskets. Many of them. 18" 12 spoke is the first. Made a few changes to the last version and now having the tooling done in the US.

Qs and BLs are staying the same. It is the most cost effective way of making them.

SSDs are REALLY different than the last version... or most anything else :) When things settle down next week and we are back on track, I will get a better looking sample sorted for pics. The current sample we have been testing is rather rough... No point in taking light finishing passes on things for a proto. Looks "threaded" :) lol

Soon, the 18" subs will be all US parts except for the magnet. Shame all the US magnet manufacturers are gone or it would be 100%. 10, 12, and 15 are still Chinese 12 spoke (for now).

As for other things we are working on, its the same old wait and see game. But nothing to replace the current lines. They are going to be stable for quite some time.

Thanks,

Scott

Way to go Scott!

USA made baskets FTMFW!

I figured the Q and BL was staying the same. As there are no real reasons to change them yet.

But I know how yall work and always designing something. I'm just amazed the direction Fi is going in and can only dream of what's left up the sleeve.

is the ssd going to be better than the bl

Why would they do that?

I'm gonna go with a no on that one

is the ssd going to be better than the bl

Why would they do that?

Lol. My thoughts exactly.

SSD is designed for a different power group than BL. This is the leading factor why people choose the BL over SSD. The older model SSD was a 800rms sub. Period. Sure, a few options could increase thermal power handling but anything over 1200 watts, you needed to look at a different sub.

And I'm sure the new SSD is designed with similarities to the old one.

Never under estimate the SSD! Stout beasts for sure!

Never under estimate the SSD! Stout beasts for sure!

I totally agree. They are quiet amazing.

But trying to throw 1500rms at it, isn't what its designed to take. And usually moving up to the BL, you will be louder off the same wattage, and won't be stressing the driver as much.

Just got to keep everything in its designated guidelines.