basshead7890

When are the new SSD subs gonna come out?

I waited quite some time for the new "neo" SSD's. Needless to say I am truly disappointed. To not hear anything about the change until they actually came out is very, VERY frustrating.

I'm not sure where I go from here. More thank likely away from Fi.

I waited quite some time for the new "neo" SSD's. Needless to say I am truly disappointed. To not hear anything about the change until they actually came out is very, VERY frustrating.

It's been fairly well known for some time that they weren't going to be neo.

Edited by ricksi30

Perhaps an update to the website would have been best. Not everyone can live on the forums to keep up with every single detail. The Speaker section of the Fi website always said neo, so I expected neo. Was I wrong to trust what that said?

Perhaps an update to the website would have been best. Not everyone can live on the forums to keep up with every single detail. The Speaker section of the Fi website always said neo, so I expected neo. Was I wrong to trust what that said?

If that's true (not calling you a liar I just didn't know) then I agree that it should have been updated.

If you would like to pay 600 dollars for an SSD with SSD performance we will gladly make them..nobody wants to do that though, so it is not feasible.

We tried every possible combination we could to salvage doing the neo motor..it simply makes no sense to do it.

Aside from that you are not really gaining anything with neo other then saving weight and it looks a bit different.

i think it would have been nice to keep it around 600 watts because now you have 3 subs that are the same wattage and if i were buying a new sub id want the best 1000 watt sub which be sq for a Q or loud for the bl, Where does the ssd fall into place? If it more like a Q then id perfer the Q for 50 more bucks, would have been nice to keep em 600 watts. Just a thought

The original SSD was 800 watts "stock", and overall is different than a Q, and not just power handling. Different strokes for different folks, can't just offer two subs for every install, not what Fi is about. Enough options to fit almost every bodies specific install, instead of you designing your install around a mass produced universal sub. I mean, you got to design around which ever sub you choose, but you got way more options instead of what the manufacture thinks you want.

Who else has a Neo ~1000RMS,USA Made, and or around $200 dollar sub? Nobody, and seems won't be one for a good while or ever, not with all three of those. You won't find a ~$200 dollar USA Made ~1000RMS sub either.

Yeah, I think a lot of people is disappointed Neo didn't work out, but as Nick said, they just couldn't find a to make it happen affordable, which is a huge deal for most people. But also, if there wasn't no real performance gain and only a little weight difference, I don't see any point to spend extra money. Sure it would of been super sweet to have one, but its not the end of the World or will this make or break Fi. They still have some of(maybe the best) quality in this industry, and is all USA made for a very affordable price, less than 90% of 100% China made drivers. So if your that disappointed Neo didn't happen, I'm sure you'll probably be even more disappointed going with another company.

I waited quite some time for the new "neo" SSD's. Needless to say I am truly disappointed. To not hear anything about the change until they actually came out is very, VERY frustrating. I'm not sure where I go from here. More thank likely away from Fi.

I don't see the NEED for a neo driver? especially when they preform the same?

Just like ford said your not going to find another ssd like sub that is neo.

By the looks of it even Fi was disappointed that they couldn't make the neo work. Looks like it was either have everyone calling Fi a rip off for charging btl like prices on the ssd. Or stick to the old magnet and have a sub that will preform pretty much the exact same.

If that really makes you steer from Fi then all I can say is your missing out on a GREAT line of woofers, that have a fit in all applications.

Fi FTW :drink40: