Sign in to follow this  
ford302redneck

Life Changes?

The last year of my life has been rough on me. I've had to deal with some of the toughest things so far. No need to go into great detail, but I believe everything happens for a reason. And it really opened my eyes to a lot.

I realized since I get out of high school, 2006, I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go. So I just did what I've always done, farm. My dad owns and operates a agriculture farm. So for the past 5 years, I've been mostly working with him. And I've learned a lot, but in the last year I've decided, this wasn't something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Not saying I want, but I don't want to rely on it for my income. Just to risky, and my nerves can't handle it.

First change I want to make is, get back in school. I didn't do very well in high school, its not that I'm not smart, I was just lazy. It was my fault, I'm not going to blame anybody but myself. I didn't graduate, but I do have my GED. Passed first try 4 years out of high school, without studying. Not saying I'm a genus, test really isn't that hard. So I want to go back to school and actually graduate. I want to work really hard towards something and actually achieve it.

Change two. I want to actually start reading books. I read a great deal now, on the internet, magazine, and newspaper. But I ran across a quote the other day that said something on the lines of. "People that can read but don't, is the same people that can't read at all." And make me realize, I actually enjoy reading novels and ect. And decided I need to start talking advantage I do have, loving to read. In June I think, Corey Taylor(lead singer of Slipknot and Stone Sour) comes out with book on how he views the Seven deadly sins. Which I'm very interested in reading.

Next Change is I want to start body building. Nothing major, like competing. But I want to gain anywhere from 20-40lbs. I only weight 130lbs at 5'11. I'm pretty skinny. Only way I can think of actually gaining mass is this way. Plus, I'm sick of being out of shape. And I hear, eating right and working out really helps how you feel. And greatly changes it for the better.

I'm sure not to many will read this fully. I like expressing myself by writing stuff down and figured I'd share this.

I'm not looking for pointers or criticism. But if you feel like you need to say something, go right ahead.

I am curious if anybody else has made a list of changes they wanted to make, and if they actually achieved their goals?

Good day fellow SSA members.

Sounds like you have a good starting point on these changes. I admire you. I struggle with certain things also and im lazy as can be lol. Same high school situation as you, just 2001 rather than 2006.. god time fly's. Just getting sick of where my life is going, or better written.. where its been sitting. good luck to you bro.

I also dropped out of highschool because my dad got sick, and the farm was suffering. So I basically had to step up and get things done to pay the bills.

I did have a choice, but I felt it as my duty to do what I could. Plus I had 2.5 years of highschool left. Had already been there 3. So wasn't like I was about to finish.

I don't regret it because I think I really grew up faster this way, well kind of. I learned a bunch of different things I wouldn't have if I didn't choose this route.

But now I'm thinking, this is my last shot to actually further my education and better myself. I still live at home, which is just cheaper on the business. So I have no real bills, but when I work, sometimes 50+ hours a week, I still don't get a paycheck. So it does have its disadvantages. I just try not to cost the business any more money than I have to.

Chin up Bro.

What is done is done, but do not let your past make you who you will eventually be. As young as you are, you have PLENTY of time to do anything you want with your life. You are the only one in charge of you buddy.

Some people trick themselves in to thinking they hit a triple because they were born on third base and have had everything handed to them their whole lives, the rest of us have to work extra hard. Just because you don't start on third does not mean you cant cross the plate same as anyone else.

Kinda corny but true..........a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

You speak the truth old wise man Lance.

I know you been around long enough to know all the old tricks.

Lol.

I'm probably moving in your town during my schooling.

I am curious if anybody else has made a list of changes they wanted to make, and if they actually achieved their goals?

I finally started going back to school last year, after being out for almost 13 years. I was scared to death but decided that I wasn't going to be able to go any further than I have without a college degree. It's going to take me a while, but it's something that I need to do for myself and my family.

Keep your head up and keep focused on your goals and you'll get there eventually.

Never too late to make a positive change for yourself. I quit smoking, chewing, cut down on my party habits, and generally started to live a healthier life recently.

I felt the same way for the longest time, having no idea what I was going to do with myself, but things started to fall into place when you point yourself in the right directions. More power to you and good luck.

As long as you persevere, and have an optimistic outlook on any situation in life, you will be a better stronger person.

Go up to vitamin shoppe and get obnoxius amount of protein and OD on it everyday for 3months and eat alot of steak and protein stuff and workout 5days aweek that a make you a brick house promise you if you push it and stay on a sched!

You can join up at my gym Anytime fitness ill help you train if you really want to get fit!

Go up to vitamin shoppe and get obnoxius amount of protein and OD on it everyday for 3months and eat alot of steak and protein stuff and workout 5days aweek that a make you a brick house promise you if you push it and stay on a sched!

You can join up at my gym Anytime fitness ill help you train if you really want to get fit!

Holy shut dude. I'll be moving to Florence and finding a gym over that way. So yeah you can defiantly give me some pointers as I will need some just starting out. I read about the Whey Protein, and how important it is in gaining proper mass.

But shoot me a PM with your cell number I'm interested in texting in more detail.

Holy shut dude. I'll be moving to Florence and finding a gym over that way. So yeah you can defiantly give me some pointers as I will need some just starting out. I read about the Whey Protein, and how important it is in gaining proper mass.

But shoot me a PM with your cell number I'm interested in texting in more detail.

Np dude. Its a good little gym not to pricey per month.