Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Stetsom Amp daily capability and electrical requirement

Ok, let's say lay this out for you so we get the picture of the setup-

6 D3100s = 660aH, 30,000 MA

1 D5100 = 60aH, 3100MA

Total = 720aH, 33,100MA

Highoutput alt between 270-640A.. unknown at this time.

Was planning on running 2 Stetsom 14kds.

If you think the electrical is not up to your standards, let me provide usage details.

Under maximum power demand on music- duration time of 30-45seconds.

All other types of usage-

Burps- 0.8-2.6seconds

constant use- VERY low power consumption- typically under 80A so i know i got that covered, lol.

So, for typical 30sec runs, this electrical system should be fair for 2 of these amps right?

I'll put it this way..

I do many tests on my car electrical-wise to ensure the longevity of my equipment.

If i were to install 1,000,000w of power in this car on that electrical, i know that wouldnt work for 30sec runs but i can find the sweet spot on how much attenuation i might need.

So, if i'm borderline with your opinion, i can always attenuate what power might be too much.

I'm just curious, in your opinion, how much suggested power i can run off of this electrical setup for 30-45sec without dropping below 11.0v

I believe i should be ok with this but u never know....

After every show, i unplug and manually charge ALL batts with a battery charger to ensure top notch performance.

No batts are installed in the car if they rest below 13.0v

Also, I need you to PM me about competitive pricing for 2 Stetsom 14kds as well :)

I am installing in a 2007 Scion tC in a wall probably 4 18s from DC Soundlab.

Competition Sanctions i would be in -

MECA

USACi (maybe)

FCBC - organized in KY, USA only

I am also the National Importer in control of all distribution for SPL-Lab in Russia.

So, I am always around the competition scene.

Well,

Lets do the math

I dont know how many subs you will have and what kind power you will need for them

You should go first with the power that your system will need

Lets say since you want two 14k2e

You want to put on the subs 10.000rms

to have 10.000 rms at 12 volts (without dropping to 11volts like you dont want to happen )

If you are making around 10000 to 8000 for 30 secs you will need to supply around 1000ah

With 90% of efficiency on the amplifiers

If yo have your car off, it wont be enough because only have a battery bank of 720ah ( and its depends of your wiring because you can lose so power there too )

But its hard to know what power you will need without knowing this

How many subs ??

Load impedance on the amp ?? impedance rise ??

Car off or on ??

and the power that your subs can take for 30secs

i'm looking at 4 subs, 0.7ohms DCR, rise will probably be high due to high motor force.

Car will be on at 2k rpm

The subs can take the power for 30sec because of high impedance rise.

I guess i should add this-

The vehicle will always be on.

It will be supplied with either a 270A alt, or a 390A alt, or dual 320s..

the choice of the alt options aren't my choice, but for worst-case scenario sake, let's say it's a 270A.

Vehicle will ALWAYS be at or above 2krpm for proper alt output.

I have voltmeters i will have wired at the amp's terminals to ensure i never drop at or lower than 11.0v.

Here is some info i have been reading and wnat to bring it into this topic as a reason as to why i believe i may have enough batts for the scenario..

The A-Team last year ran 4 Stetsom 11kds on only 8 D3100.

that's 44,000w on 880aH. They bassraced this setup on 8 15s and never dropped below 11.8v.

I do not know their alt setup but even they admitted that they were very surprised at the voltage sustained for 30sec.

They had clamped around 6800w out of each amp.

Now, i will have 6 of these batts and am wanting to run 28kw rather than 44kw.

I plan on running 4 18" Lvl5s. A pair of these subs can handle 14kw with ease.

Wiring?

I custom built my own fuse blocks, buss bars and will run as many runs of wire as possible.

If i need to run 4 sets of 2/0 out of each amp, then so be it.

I am in full control of the install and i will build anything i need to.

I hope this is enough info for you.

I also wish for you to PM pricing on these amps and possibly a link to a manual for these amps.

I am new to stetsom, but have experience with high powered applications.

ur right. i just got off the phone with xs power about it too :)im just wanting to know where and how much these amps are...otherwise, ill just have to run 8 audiopipe aqx3500s.. i really dont wanna do that.. but i have plenty of backup options

ur right. i just got off the phone with xs power about it too :)im just wanting to know where and how much these amps are...otherwise, ill just have to run 8 audiopipe aqx3500s.. i really dont wanna do that.. but i have plenty of backup options