HawkEye

Which Car Would A System Be Louder In?

Hey all.Im going to be getting my taxes back in a month and im going to get myself a new car.I want either a 1990-2000 model chevy blazer or a mitsubishi 3000gt.Ive wanted a 3000gt since i was about 13 (Im 20 now) and this may be the only chance I have to get one.I know I can get loud in a blazer but could I get as loud in a 3000gt?Like if I put a FI BTL 18 n2 in the blazer with a aq2200 for an amp and has the same thing in the 3000gt,which would be louder?Thanks.

HawkEye

Its your ride bro ... you got to drive it ... pick what you want ...

Just about any vehicle will put up a high SPL number if you know how to build the system correctly and purchase the necessary equipment ...

If my tax returns could afford a 3000gt, You know I'd be driving one ... :fing34: well, the wife might take it away from me, atleast i'd get to ride in it ... :shrug:

those 3000gt have a small trunk unless your planning on doing a wall

To me, it would really depend on the condition of the 3000GT. Fun car, Mitsu's are $$$ to keep on the road and seem to be pesky to work on from my experience. I helped build quite a violent Stealth nearly 10 years ago and was freaking great to toss around, but not fun to do much sub bass install.

Apples to Grapes here? Obviously easier to get loud in the Blazer I would think since you have plenty of room for bigger/more subs, batteries. Not to mention it's MUCH easier/cheaper to find parts and work on. I'm pretty sure you're going to have to build a wall in a 3000gt in order to build a proper enclosure for a 18" BTL. I'd be willing to bet that the 3000GT will not be nearly as much fun once walled off and adding a few hundred pounds unless you're gonna spend a bunch of money on it.

HA! I saw those in the supermarket like 6 years ago

Apples to Grapes here? ...

http://www.grapplefruits.com/

Grapples are excellent, the wonderful new flavor of Grāpple® brand apples. Imagine the sweet distinctive flavor of Concord grapes combined with the crispness of a fresh, juicy Washington Extra Fancy apple.

This makes them a perfect snack at home, at school, or at sport functions. Their glowing expression will say it all...

WOW! Pass me another one!

Yum. :rofl2:

I would say it depends on the shape and the dimensions of the cabin.

Smaller the cabin, easier to pressurize. On the other hand you have less space to work with.

The actual shape of cabin and interior, hatchback, sedan, trunk, 2door, etc will also effect the following:

size and placement of your enclosure & ports, and locations or "hot spots" where the output is greatest.

I'm not an acoustical engineer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express a few nights ago ;)

P.S. I'd go with the Blazer so you could stand up in it :roflmao:

:WTFBubble: Horrible thread, pick a car that has the features you want and at the price you can afford. If your not shopping for a Honda CR-x then its useless to try and find the loudest car.

Mitsubishi has less space to pressurize and vice versa for a SUV.

If you really want to know what will be louder than buy both cars and test them out, the only way in car audio to find out whats the loudest. Testing, testing and more testing.

Apples to Grapes here? ...

http://www.grapplefruits.com/

Grapples are excellent, the wonderful new flavor of Grāpple® brand apples. Imagine the sweet distinctive flavor of Concord grapes combined with the crispness of a fresh, juicy Washington Extra Fancy apple.

This makes them a perfect snack at home, at school, or at sport functions. Their glowing expression will say it all...

WOW! Pass me another one!

Yum. :rofl2:

Reminds me of...... They go boom like so!

(it's sad that most of the people on here won't get this joke anymore :( )

I would say it depends on the shape and the dimensions of the cabin.

Smaller the cabin, easier to pressurize. On the other hand you have less space to work with.

The actual shape of cabin and interior, hatchback, sedan, trunk, 2door, etc will also effect the following:

size and placement of your enclosure & ports, and locations or "hot spots" where the output is greatest.

3000GT's have a stupid shaped cargo area, and it's very shallow. There isn't' enough space to do an 18 properly without it being a wall, period. Cabin size won't matter if your box sucks to start with.

:WTFBubble: Horrible thread, pick a car that has the features you want and at the price you can afford. If your not shopping for a Honda CR-x then its useless to try and find the loudest car.

Mitsubishi has less space to pressurize and vice versa for a SUV.

If you really want to know what will be louder than buy both cars and test them out, the only way in car audio to find out whats the loudest. Testing, testing and more testing.

CRX's are NOT instantly loud, and less cabin space does NOT = louder. There's a lot to be said for vehicle acoustics, some are better than others, and that applies for SQ and SPL. The Blazer will be louder in no wall scenarios.

In terms of the car itself, the 3000GT will be less fun to drive when you add all the weight of a stereo, period. Not to say it won't be fun, but it won't be what it was pre-system. Also as mentioned, parts are far and few and pricey, and it WILL need fixing. I'd wanna know when/if the transmission was replaced in it too. If it hasn't and it has over 70-100k miles, you'll need one soon. The Blazer has parts all day long, cheap, and should be reliable if it's been taken care of. I think the Blazer is a better buy, for driving and stereo.

CRX's are NOT instantly loud, and less cabin space does NOT = louder. There's a lot to be said for vehicle acoustics, some are better than others, and that applies for SQ and SPL. The Blazer will be louder in no wall scenarios.

WTF are you smoking? Unless the car has been wrecked, then yes, as long as you know even a little about them then they are instantly loud.....

Reminds me of...... They go boom like so!

(it's sad that most of the people on here won't get this joke anymore :( )

What? O_o

WTF are you smoking? Unless the car has been wrecked, then yes, as long as you know even a little about them then they are instantly loud.....

So why don't you have one, and why are there other vehicles used, and why are Explorers and Cherokees beating CRX's? I can think of 3 people right off that combined have had 6 or 7 CRX's, none of which were loud, only 1 was wrecked. Why is the vehicle excuse used all the time? Every time somebody has anything pretty loud, it's because of the vehicle? What about Excursions, are those loud? How about a no wall Excursion doing 158's @ 29 hz on the dash? Must be because Excursions are loud.....

I have a Cherokee and it's not loud.

So why don't you have one, and why are there other vehicles used, and why are Explorers and Cherokees beating CRX's? I can think of 3 people right off that combined have had 6 or 7 CRX's, none of which were loud, only 1 was wrecked. Why is the vehicle excuse used all the time? Every time somebody has anything pretty loud, it's because of the vehicle? What about Excursions, are those loud? How about a no wall Excursion doing 158's @ 29 hz on the dash? Must be because Excursions are loud.....

No? Didn't you just say "The Blazer will be louder in no wall scenarios?" So why can't a CRX be louder than a Blazer if the Blazer is louder than the Mitsu?

No? Didn't you just say "The Blazer will be louder in no wall scenarios?" So why can't a CRX be louder than a Blazer if the Blazer is louder than the Mitsu?

CRX's can be louder, but it doesn't become an instantly loud setup because it's a CRX or any other vehicle. You still have to know what you're doing like with any other vehicle.

Get a car that you can see yourself driving. I gave up my lease car (2009 mustang) for my Explorer and the sole reason i bought an explorer was for the room in the trunk. Do I miss driving the mustang? Hell yes, everyday. Do I love my sound system? Well yes I do. Solution? Bought a motorcycle and kept the Explorer :)

Personally I would look into a speedy hatchback type vehicle. But it doesn't sound like that's what you are looking for...

If you want my personal opinion, I would take the 3000gt and put a pair of 12's in the trunk.

CRX's can be louder, but it doesn't become an instantly loud setup because it's a CRX or any other vehicle. You still have to know what you're doing like with any other vehicle.

Children, children, children.

CRX's are EASIER to get loud than most vehicles. The reason for this is beacuse of the amount of info available on previous results. They have a great setup to pressurize, and they can hold ample equipment easily. I have done CRX installs and had zero problems making a loud setup. Did it take testing? Fuck yes. BUT there was infomation readily available to study to base my install off of.

J