CrazyKenKid

where do you buy your wiring from?

I have some 1/0 and #4 from Weldingsupply for ya

The only brands I use are Stinger HPM and KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks right now. In the past I used Kicker Hyperflex wire and loved it just didnt enjoy the price, I also used welding supply before as well.

Other Brands Im interested in:

Streetwires

Shok Industries

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/289509/398269.html

hey guys I thought I would make up a little update

So far I have 8 brands of wiring whihc I am ready to make a 3-5ft purchase of.

and I am currently waiting to hear about about 8 more brands. I am waiting to see if the seller will sell me 3-5ft rather then 50' spool lol! at any rate hand in there guys

and I wanted to say a big THANKYOU to Sir-Lancelot for his generous donation of welding supply wiring!

Hurry up and get this going. I am about to buy some wire for a new install. Great idea, and I am sitting at the edge of my seat waiting to see the outcome.

lol more updates so far i am still waiting to hear on 2 guys with a total of 6brands to sell me! and i am waiting to shoc to get back to me via e-mail

if you need to buy wire your best bet and safest bet and better pricing bet would be to go with weldingsupplies.com

I buy 2 brands- KnuKoncepts and Tsunami Competition Series

I got both coming to my house!

so another update lol

I am currently looking for 3ft of Raptor, Install bay, and Shoc 1/0 wiring!

if anyone has 3ft of those 3 wires listed I would be interested to buy them off of you so please post here or PM me and we can go from there!

again everything is coming to canada and I am still waiting on shipping for all suppliers so ppl please hold on for a little while more!

another update! here are the wire brands I have now:

EFX Scosche

KNU KCA

KNU Kolossus

Q Power

Raptor

Rockford Fosgate

Sound Quest

Stinger HPM

Street Wires

Tsunami

XScorpion

here are the wires I am still waiting on:

Monster Cable

Cadence

welding supplies!

so I will be being the testing as soon as the last 3 get here!

thank you very much for the link! I have been trying to get ahold of the shoc ppl and no one likes to talk back to me lol!

I will give these ppl a call and see if they can get me 3ft!

thanks for the link!

thank you very much for the link! I have been trying to get ahold of the shoc ppl and no one likes to talk back to me lol!

I will give these ppl a call and see if they can get me 3ft!

thanks for the link!

No prob! They're great guys and I'd love for them to have more business...I wish they sold more brands.

Since your looking up most of these wires, should include a price comparison as well :fing34:

Edited by poke_joster

o I will for sure don't you worry poke_joster from Canada! (so am I)

currently the price range per foot is 2.5$-4$ per foot. so on average say about 3$ per foot!

So how are you going to be comparing these? Setting up a scale of 1-10, just listing which is better than the next in each stat, or are there some legit tests you can do that produce numbers?

I'm in need of wiring for my entire car so will be keeping a close watch on this. Was going to go with Xscorpion, but now that will depend on how it holds up in this competition.

I plan to do a few tests,

flex

OD (outside diameter)

Conduit OD

Jacket thickness

cost

1-10 rating

ohm test..

I also wanted to find someone with equipment who will be able to pass say 150 or 300amps though the wire and measure a voltage drop which I think would be pretty beneficial to know.

other then that if anything comes to ANYONE mind please post it here or if someone MAY have this type of equipment to test a voltage drop please let me know!

The voltage drop will be the biggest part in this testing IMO

Could include what the wire itself is made of, 100% copper, or CCA, what the jacket is made of, if it is OFC, if the wire is oversized to make up for what it is made of (knukonceptz)

Right on conduit material! very do-able as for over sized wire or not i think that would relate to the conduit OD as for what the jacket is made up of umm rubber? plastic lol!

Ya, not really alot you can do there, if there was some way you could actually test the insulation it provides (temperature, electric field, w/e) it'd be kinda cool.

test equipment is expensive and i am poor as i am a school still lol! but I am sure my findings will shed some light on the brands out there and help a lot of ppl pick a brand of 1/0 to use!

A heat test of the actual jacket would be cool. I know when I solder 1/0 terminals it tends to melt the jacket from the soldering process, though never had a problem with melting welding cable.

I'd focus on voltage drop as a main test though.

Edited by beandip

I plan to do a few tests,

flex

OD (outside diameter)

Conduit OD

Jacket thickness

cost

1-10 rating

ohm test..

I also wanted to find someone with equipment who will be able to pass say 150 or 300amps though the wire and measure a voltage drop which I think would be pretty beneficial to know.

other then that if anything comes to ANYONE mind please post it here or if someone MAY have this type of equipment to test a voltage drop please let me know!

They should all read 0.0ohm

Wire runs are so short they shouldn't be much if any voltage drop, perhaps if you used excessive amperage.

Basics on calculating voltage drop: http://ecmweb.com/mag/electric_basics_calculating_voltage/

Any how, good luck.

ya I kind a figured just hooking a dmm up to the wire would yield 0 ohms lol! at any rate thanks for the link I will look into it more although the issue is still around that i am in college and money some days is hard to come by lol! but hey if yo know anyone who has this type of test stuff to help with this please forward them my e-mail kpalesh@hotmail.com or p/m me here!

thanks again man

Np I hear ya :)