davidg121

Upgrade from a W6

I know this will be mainly opinionated, but i am wondering on what you think would be a good step up from a 12" w6. I love the sound of the w6 but i want it to be a bit louder with the same quality. Again i am not looking for someone to try and give me proof of which sub is better or what would be better, but just personal opinions on what you think would sound similar to a w6 just a bit louder.

12" Fi Q

12 "Death Row

12" Icon

not sure what youdrive, but if you like the w6 throw a second one in there. i think the flatline ia would be closer to what you are looking for.

^^^ agreed, those 3 subs that you listed are great also, maybe the deathrow? I ran Digital Designs for a while, i would look into Digital Designs they have some good stuff

First question: Is your W6 sealed or ported?

Fi BTL N1.

Or throw another W6 in.

^^^ agreed, those 3 subs that you listed are great also, maybe the deathrow? I ran Digital Designs for a while, i would look into Digital Designs they have some good stuff

DD for sound quality, I would not.

Icon or Q from your list. Or get another w6. If sealed, go ported and tune to where you need more output at.

It is currently ported. I have a 2007 nissan altima with the premium bose system in it. The single w6 doesnt seem like it can keep up with the front end. It is loud, but the front end is pretty loud and by doing some research the bose system in the altima scores pretty well with a lot of people. I havent heard a btl in person before, but isnt that mainly an spl sub?

I guess i should have researched the btl n1 before i made that reply. Cant seem to find a price on it, is it out yet?

might i sugjest the mtx 9500. in my opinion, it has great SQW and gets really loud for 1 12.

Unfortunately it's release got pushed back a bit, it shouldn't be too long though.

If you like the W6 and just want more output, get another W6.

How much power are you running ?

We managed to get 140dB, dbdrag style, with a 13w6v2 sealed on 1200w...so in my opinion they can get loud for what they are. It could very easily overpower a 3-way front stage

you might even want to look into getting a better box.

Are you planning on keeping your current amp and box? And if so what are the specs on them? It should also give us a better idea of how loud it is now. Are you against adding a second w6? Or maybe stepping up to a 15? I know a few 15" subs perform in small 3 cu ft boxes like the sundown Z15v2. So you wouldn't have to sacrifice alot of trunk space.

Im looking into a new amp, box doesnt really matter at this point, but i would like to stick with a 12 due to the height in the back of the trunk. It will be going up against the back of my seat and in the altima the trunk gets lower close the back of the seat. I am looking at getting one of the sundown amps between the 1000-1200 amp range. sae 1000d, saz 1000d, saz 1200d etc, whichever one i could find used.

The w6 is a great speaker as far as build, quality, and output. If you are dead set on getting a new sub, I'd go with the Q.

What amp are you currently running and at what impedance. And how big is your enclosure and port tuning?

You should try to find a used Sundown 1500 and a Xcon

Not agreeing or disagreeing this statement since I don't remember the initial post in this thread, but the xcons sound great and get loud doing it. (personally heard)

And I just happen to have a saz1500d for sale :P

Any how just throwing that out there, not trying to convince you one way or another.

Take a serious look at the Xcon. It's a fantastic driver.

But the Fi btl N2 is not an all spl driver. My 12" btl plays really well. And I had an Xcon 15" on the same saz 1500.

I would personally go with a Q, but that's the only sub I've actually HEARD that was on your list.

I would personally go with a Q, but that's the only sub I've actually HEARD that was on your list.

Q's are nice, no doubt.