Fergjac

Icons in a dual 15" + horn setup

Has anyone on here done anything similar to the setup I just described? I found some really nice Behringer emminence Horns (neodymium) and I wanted to incorperate these bad boys into it. I could power both loudspeakers with an EP4000. and then I would have to have separate amp for the horns. Of course I would have to create some crossovers too. I feel like these would be an amazing build. I really enjoy loud music and I feel like this setup will get me what I want.

Mark had/has a pair of Icon and Dcon 10's in a loaded horn from PTS with 1000 watts from a classic Crown amp.

I think he's describing a different use for them though.

They're not ment as midrange drivers and probably won't perform as well as something you can get from madisound or parts express.

If you're thinking of using them in a three way setup though, by all means, they'll be great for the low end.

And really nice and Behringer probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence either.

Like said above, they won't really be too good in a 2-way, in fact, they would be horrible sounding in just about any 2 way. You really need a woofer made to go high enough to mate with most horns, and car audio subs usually have way to much inductance and other T/S parameters that don't lend well...

You will need to go 3-way with a dedicated midbass to do this right. You also need to look at efficiency, Car audio subs are usually well below the sensitivity levels of pro-audio drivers, this could make integration a challenge...

So what sort of driver should I pick for these then? Three-way would be fine. I would just need to do more work with crossovers. What would be an ideal midbass driver? 8"?

Look into an fosgate 8" driver!! Not familiar with many other 8' woofers to satisfy what you are intending to do.

Look into an fosgate 8" driver!! Not familiar with many other 8' woofers to satisfy what you are intending to do.

Could you be a little more vague? Lol

Could you be a little more vague? Lol

And be worse in the recommendation.

As to the OP's question depends on the horns, the processing, the goals, the space and so on. Definitely going to need something pro audio geared if it is to blend without having to step down the horns a ton.