xLogan225x

Peel and Seal?

Is peel and seal a good alternative to dynamat or any other name brand sound deadener? It comes in 6"x25" rolls for less than 20$.

I believe the peel and seal is asphalt based which is no good. Shoot don an email at

Don"at"sounddeadenershowdown.com. replace at with @ and no quotes.

He will help you figure out exactly what you need.

Is peel and seal a good alternative to dynamat or any other name brand sound deadener? It comes in 6"x25" rolls for less than 20$.

Without even researching it I can probably go ahead and tell you no. Like other cheap Sound Deadeners it is probably asphalt based and will make your car smell on hot days. Along with the smell if it is asphalt based it will not last long and will fall off after 2-3 years and will leave a sticky residue on your doors and roof. If you do some research on the sound deadening forum on here you can learn alot of new things thats how I usually learn most of my stuff. What you want is a Butyl based Sound Deadener. Now someone will probably get on here and say theirs has never had any problems, but more often than not theirs is just a lucky case.

Nope, I was a victim of this myth. It made my car smell for weeks and didn't even work well as deadener. And it sucks to take off

Basically doesn't work and is an effing mess. Don't waste your double effort of putting it on and then trying to take it back off.

Thanks for all the replies. Definetly not going to get this then. Any suggestions on some deadener for cheap?

Fat mat RattleTrap! Omg! It works REALLY well and it's thick. The main thing in buying sound deadner is how thick it is and if it's asphalt based or not. I tried using peel and seal on my trunk and in my doors. Ended up everything coming off, my windows got messed up, my tint messed up, the trunk peel and seal fell off and got all over my amp and stuff. On top of that, it's horrible to clean off. I know you have already decided to run away from peel and seal but i thought i should let you know!

Rattle Trap is asphalt, just a thicker layer of asphalt than P&S.

Anything to do with peal and seal or Fatmat is junk! Don't believe the hype it's all bullshit! Asphalt adhesive and a paper thin layer of aluminum makes for a waste of time and money!

I would recommend reading through This website and you will get a better understanding of the applications of a true sounddeadening product.

just say no to asphalt

Edited by Ohjay

Really the best recommendation to save money in the process and do it right is to explain your goals to Don from SDS and order what he recommends. Unlike other vendors I have never seen him recommend more than necessary. Great guy on top of it :)

Well yall fail with peel n seal had mine on top of my trunk in my sedan for a 1year now works fine if you just want some deadner with a REALLY REALLY cheap price tag!. The secret using peel n seal it to use a heat gun to make the adhesive come alive works really good if you do that.

I work hard for my money no need for 200$ for some deadner when you have lowes down the road for a simple fix with for 20$

Well yall fail with peel n seal had mine on top of my trunk in my sedan for a 1year now works fine if you just want some deadner with a REALLY REALLY cheap price tag!. The secret using peel n seal it to use a heat gun to make the adhesive come alive works really good if you do that.

I work hard for my money no need for 200$ for some deadner when you have lowes down the road for a simple fix with for 20$

:fing34:

Have fun when it does fail!

I would go with some stinger roadkill or ballistic. I have 36 foot of each in my car and both are great

Edited by MalibuOn22s

Works great under shingles.

Um, no. There is no secret, even when applied perfectly it is NOT an effective deadener. Not at all its designed purpose and it is a terrible layer for damping vibration or for stopping sound. It basically does almost nothing.

Really the best recommendation to save money in the process and do it right is to explain your goals to Don from SDS and order what he recommends. Unlike other vendors I have never seen him recommend more than necessary. Great guy on top of it :)

LOL, he would recommend me x amount and i would always order more cause i wasnt sure lol.. now i got about 20 CLD tiles sittin in a box on the shelf lol. hell of a smart guy when it comes to deadener.

Come on Bro, that P&S was shit and you know it.

Was hanging off and flimsy as fuck.

Come on Bro, that P&S was shit and you know it.

Was hanging off and flimsy as fuck.

x2, OP, that shit smell up your car at all? What was the adhesive composed of? butyl? asphalt/tar?

P&S isn't a sound deadener, much less "sound deadener with a really cheap price tag". Functioning as an effective CLD was not it's intended purpose, and not surprisingly performs extremely poorly when used as such.

Anything to do with peal and seal or Fatmat is junk! Don't believe the hype it's all bullshit! Asphalt adhesive and a paper thin layer of aluminum makes for a waste of time and money!I would recommend reading through This website and you will get a better understanding of the applications of a true sounddeadening product.

From Fatmat:

An important consideration in the sound dampening of automobiles, boats, homes, computers and buildings is of course selecting the correct products that will be most effective in your application. Here you find the product that started it all for us, FatMat. Our 50 mil nominal rubberized compound is covered with a shiny protective aluminum top as well as a waxed paper release bottom it's exactly what your looking for in order to stop those nasty rattles, eliminate road and outside noise, insulate your vehicle and dramatically improve the sound of your car audio stereo system.

So it's not asphalt, just saying.

Anything to do with peal and seal or Fatmat is junk! Don't believe the hype it's all bullshit! Asphalt adhesive and a paper thin layer of aluminum makes for a waste of time and money!I would recommend reading through This website and you will get a better understanding of the applications of a true sounddeadening product.

From Fatmat:

An important consideration in the sound dampening of automobiles, boats, homes, computers and buildings is of course selecting the correct products that will be most effective in your application. Here you find the product that started it all for us, FatMat. Our 50 mil nominal rubberized compound is covered with a shiny protective aluminum top as well as a waxed paper release bottom it's exactly what your looking for in order to stop those nasty rattles, eliminate road and outside noise, insulate your vehicle and dramatically improve the sound of your car audio stereo system.

So it's not asphalt, just saying.

Rubberized compound compound is a euphemism used to mislead:

Coated or treated with rubber

Rubber compounds are added to all products like these to stabilize the asphalt. These compounds break down quite quickly which is one of the most common reasons for failure. If you don't have the balls to admit that you're selling asphalt, you misdirect.

You can sprinkle sugar on feces and say it contains sugar - which they did, but you can't say it doesn't contain shit - which you did.

Here's a little more. I'll leave it to others to debate whether or not MFM's Peel & Seal is the product being relabeled as "sound deadener" by some vendors, but since it is the topic of this thread, here's what MFM says:

Peel & Seal® is the original, self-stick roll roofing specifically designed for low slope residential and commercial applications. Composed of a patented formula (consisting of laminated aluminized foil, high-density polymer films and a thick layer of rubberized asphalt), Peel & Seal provides a long lasting, durable, maintenance-free roofing surface.

It's not too hard to see how you'd get from the legitimate product description to the brilliantly deceptive.

Here ya go. This is what you get to deal with once you realize asphalt is crap. this is ( FatMat. Our 50 mil nominal rubberized compound) not quite rubber like stated.

This is what i had to deal with a year after installing fatmat when the smell never went away and it didnt work worth a shit. Then i called Don at SDS.

012.jpg013.jpg018.jpg016.jpg015.jpg

Not trying to thread jack but i hate to someone go through what i did. Now you know better!