gopala33

Fi Subwoofer

Yeah, everytime he replies he sends me a PM telling me to check out his thread.

Its almost like he's a computer, because he keeps repeating himself. And doesn't take the info people post into consideration.

A mod needs to lock this thread.

u did seen screenshot http://img202.images...i/comparea.jpg/ ????

please check screenshot for both BTL AND Q

i know BTL why 40hz 50hz 60hz low output

but Q is 40hz 50hz 60hz high output

AA/Fi subs dont work well in winISD FYI

Even IF the program worked well for the subs, there would be too many variables (car, box setup, box size, port area, music. amp power, etc) to just flatout compare the subs' frequency response in the program

Even IF the program worked well for the subs, there would be too many variables (car, box setup, box size, port area, music. amp power, etc) to just flatout compare the subs' frequency response in the program

Lol, all subs work in winISD.

There is only one problem, this is how the response wil be in a open space.(not in a house or something else that has boundaries.)

Gopala:

Pick the Q and a 800-1000w RMS amp and put it in a box tuned to 23hz..

First of all, you must not of read this thread, as he wants a sub for his home. So the car variable isn't there.

Also, you must don't real how a program like that works. Its a box designing program, so what you type in for a box, it will give him a graph.

So how will a box, port area be a variable when that's what the graph shows a example of?

Sure, these types of programs isn't going to give you a exact description of the response, but it does give you a general idea.

Say you type in 3 cuft tuned to 50hz for a 15, its going to show a graph that will have similar results in the field.

If these programs are total useless, why is there one?

Take a 4th or 6th order, you think you can design these without a program without having ton of experience with them? No.

So what's the difference with a normal ported enclosure?

Like I said, it won't be exact, but it CAN give you a general idea most of the time.

Also, when you refer to AA/Fi not working in this programs, your referring to the higher motor force subs. And according to the program to get a semi flat response, it needs to be in a off the wall size enclosure.

Read the bold...and while youre at it, read this quote from Nick-

Go ahead and put a BTL in a box that winisd predicts (it is about the size of a shoe box) will have the "flattest" response curve. It does not deal with a very low vas and low qts woofer very well at all as far as 'predicting' an 'ideal' enclosure.

It will be anemic as hell, no bottom end..and peak like a high school prom date. Even though winisd says it should be fairly flat.

First of all, you must not of read this thread, as he wants a sub for his home. So the car variable isn't there. Mkayy..sorry for that. There are still many variables though. You must have missed where I was going.....

Also, you must don't real how a program like that works. Its a box designing program, so what you type in for a box, it will give him a graph. True, but the graph usually wont be exactly correct because of most of the variables I listed before

So how will a box, port area be a variable when that's what the graph shows a example of? Port area should be common sense because ports depict frequency response (isnt that what winISD predicts). For your subs, try a port with 6sqin and then try with a port that uses 16sqin . What should be less peaky?

Sure, these types of programs isn't going to give you a exact description of the response, but it does give you a general idea. When did I say it didnt give a general idea (in the quoted post)?

Say you type in 3 cuft tuned to 50hz for a 15, its going to show a graph that will have similar results in the field. It could be "similar," but it could be way off too because its only a hypothesis

If these programs are total useless, why is there one? Good question

Take a 4th or 6th order, you think you can design these without a program without having ton of experience with them? No. Obviously not

So what's the difference with a normal ported enclosure? It isnt too different. It may be similar to a real world experience, and it could be pretty far off

Like I said, it won't be exact, but it CAN give you a general idea most of the time. Yes, it CAN..sometimes

Also, when you refer to AA/Fi not working in this programs, your referring to the higher motor force subs. And according to the program to get a semi flat response, it needs to be in a off the wall size enclosure. I was obviously correct, so I dont see why youre argueing

lol. Wow.

I wasted my time posting.

Also, the BTL is rated 2000rms before options. That's why I put anything less than 3000rms is good for it.

Like I said about Fs, I'm not sure which coil specs is listed on the website. It could be the flatwound coil, which isn't going to have as good of lowend as the HiXmax coil.

You still never answered how much power you will be running. I said you needed to list a couple things before anybody can really help you.

Also, PMing me giving me a link to this thread telling me to reply wasn't necessary.

ok i understand BTL so much power 2000Watts rms that great but i saw Fs is 51hz but not much deep bass

if FI BTL u are sure will do Deep bass high output will do deep bass louder ??? like FR 15hz and 20hz like that deep bass

Sure you werent looking at the N3's Fs?

Go ahead and put a BTL in a box that winisd predicts (it is about the size of a shoe box) will have the "flattest" response curve. It does not deal with a very low vas and low qts woofer very well at all as far as 'predicting' an 'ideal' enclosure.

It will be anemic as hell, no bottom end..and peak like a high school prom date. Even though winisd says it should be fairly flat.

All subs work in winISD.

winISD isn't a program made to calulate how big a box needs to be, it doesn't predict's a enclosure.

That is not what winISD is designed for..... atleast not car audio subs.( or other subs that aren't standard in the program.)

If u use winISD for that you are using it wrong.

Summarisation: "winISD won't predict "the perfect" enclosure." :) (atleast not for a lot of subs, especially car-subwoofers)

Edited by kirill007

A frequency response plot is somewhat useless in winisd. It can potentially give you a decent idea of how things might preform in a box versus b box..

It does however say the boxes we suggest are far from ideal on volume for a decent response curve..

All subs work in winISD.

winISD isn't a program made to calulate how big a box needs to be, it doesn't predict's a enclosure.

That is not what winISD is designed for..... atleast not car audio subs.( or other subs that aren't standard in the program.)

Summarisation: "winISD won't predict "the perfect" enclosure." :) (atleast not for a lot of subs, especially car-subwoofers)

Well, why are car audio subs standard in the program then? I know my version had RE and Adire and even a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

And you say it can't predict the perfect enclosure, then why do you type in box size? It isn't so you can play around with box size, port area and tuning to get the "perfect" box? Sure it doesn't hand the exact box specs and say here's the best one for your install. But that doesn't mean it can't be used that way.

Like Nick said, it is used to compare box A to box B, and Sub a to sub B.

Is it going to be dead on? No.

But I'm sure if you doubts on a subs response in a certain enclosure, it can give you something to look at. It might not be a 100% right but I'd rather look at a graph then spend hundreds of dollars buying the wrong speaker and building a totally wrong enclosure, just because Joe Blow on the forum said without any real proof.

Just need to know how to use the program. Its not total useless.

I've used it to calculate tuning, and that's it really. Worked very well.

All subs work in winISD.

Well, why are car audio subs standard in the program then? I know my version had RE and Adire and even a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

And you say it can't predict the perfect enclosure, then why do you type in box size? It isn't so you can play around with box size, port area and tuning to get the "perfect" box? Sure it doesn't hand the exact box specs and say here's the best one for your install. But that doesn't mean it can't be used that way.

Like Nick said, it is used to compare box A to box B, and Sub a to sub B.

Is it going to be dead on? No.

But I'm sure if you doubts on a subs response in a certain enclosure, it can give you something to look at. It might not be a 100% right but I'd rather look at a graph then spend hundreds of dollars buying the wrong speaker and building a totally wrong enclosure, just because Joe Blow on the forum said without any real proof.

Just need to know how to use the program. Its not total useless.

I've used it to calculate tuning, and that's it really. Worked very well.

Please read my comments better, i said only for subs that are listed standard in the program it will work. :)

Most of the suggestions winISD makes isn't correct, it's made by guys that have developped the program in thier free time and out of their own experiences.(i don't trust freeware that much, although i don't have real complaints about winISD because it does what it is made to do)

It won't give you a perfect box or else everyone would have amazing sq and loud subs :) It does give a decent start where you need to look.

You can learn from the program, know what changes will affect something else.

Not ALL graphs made are accurate,some are, others are around the correct values.

He didn't say you can compare speakers (only boxes)... Because that isn't what the program is made for, so in some cases it can be correct, others it will be far off.

I said it won't predict the correct box, which it doesn't. You have to fiddle with things.

I never said it was useless, please read what i said don't try to add more things or interpret it you're way because it will be wrong.

It works perfect for tuning and knowing how much port area you need. :)

I think i just wasted 20 mins reading this garbage.. The OP must have no brain because nothing he says even makes sense. And second IF he needed help he should have told us more things he wanted ex: the amount of watts he was going to be running so we could actually suggest a good sub for this scenario.

This thread was worth the reading. I LOLED pretty bad.

So how

HAHAHAHAHA ROFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

lol. Wow.

I wasted my time posting.

Also, the BTL is rated 2000rms before options. That's why I put anything less than 3000rms is good for it.

Like I said about Fs, I'm not sure which coil specs is listed on the website. It could be the flatwound coil, which isn't going to have as good of lowend as the HiXmax coil.

You still never answered how much power you will be running. I said you needed to list a couple things before anybody can really help you.

Also, PMing me giving me a link to this thread telling me to reply wasn't necessary.

ok i understand BTL so much power 2000Watts rms that great but i saw Fs is 51hz but not much deep bass

if FI BTL u are sure will do Deep bass high output will do deep bass louder ??? like FR 15hz and 20hz like that deep bass

Sure you werent looking at the N3's Fs?

yes i saw N3 is high Fs 51hz but not much ultra deep bass

so i prefer low Fs to get so much ultra deep bass louder

Okey so not recommed winISD right

which i choose BTL N2 OR N3 OR Q

Choose the BTL N2, with cooling option, HiXm coil. After playing mine for a week, it made me appreciate the art of hand built subwoofers,since it could hit super low, but at times really show some sound quality. The N3 is not for music, strictly for SPL!

Choose the BTL N2, with cooling option, HiXm coil. After playing mine for a week, it made me appreciate the art of hand built subwoofers,since it could hit super low, but at times really show some sound quality. The N3 is not for music, strictly for SPL!

how about Q ???

how about Q ???

Buy both, try them in different applications in your vehicle. That is the only way I can say it. My BTL sounds amazing in a GMC Yukon XL, but I cannot tell you how it will sound in whatever you drive.

how about Q ???

Buy both, try them in different applications in your vehicle. That is the only way I can say it. My BTL sounds amazing in a GMC Yukon XL, but I cannot tell you how it will sound in whatever you drive.

ohh u said cannot hit super low BTL N2

why i need super low because i like so much deep bass super lower like hit 15hz and 20hz less then

u own BTL N2 got deep bass ???

People just give up posting in this thread.

If you give a suggestion, he still asks the same question over and over.

i cant believe i just read this whole thread :suicide-santa:

People just give up posting in this thread.

If you give a suggestion, he still asks the same question over and over.

i not asking same qustion

i know people give suggestion BTL N2 right

i understand

he say could hit super low for BTL N2

i think cannot hit 15hz or 20hz lower