Sign in to follow this  
escarado

Wiring problem with a 21 inch Warden and SAZ 3500

Guys I've got a problem here with a 21 inch Warden and a SAZ 3500 . No matter how we wire it , we keep getting a .7 ohm reading . Series or Parallel seems to make no difference . A lso my elephant sized son stripped one of the negative connections on the amp .... any body got fixes for this ? Any help is appreciated with either problem .

Cross out the leads on your dmm, what impedance does it read?

Now take a reading on the coils, any difference?

Well when we ordered the sub it was supposed to be a dual1

Then they are really probally dual .7 ia does this to fight imp rise. You must be doing something wrong to get .7 both ways.

Well when we cross the leads its reading all over the place and the settles down it reads .2 what should it read

Well when we cross the leads its reading all over the place and the settles down it reads .2 what should it read

Well some dmms may already calculate resistance in the dmm itself and would read 0.00 but since yours is reading 0.2 when there crossed out it seems logical that you would subtract 0.2 from your readings on the coil.

Hopefully someone can chime in on this :ughdunno:

Pull the sub out and check the resistance at each terminal. If they are both good (reading .7-.9) make sure your wiring is correct. If you still have trouble, take some pics and post on here of how everything is hooked up. Thanks!

Ok will do and I will try and figure out how to post pictures up here

Read each coil seperately see if both are .7-.9 ohms. Then we can go from there.

Both coils read .7 and how do you post pics

Guys I've got a problem here with a 21 inch Warden and a SAZ 3500 . No matter how we wire it , we keep getting a .7 ohm reading . Series or Parallel seems to make no difference . A lso my elephant sized son stripped one of the negative connections on the amp .... any body got fixes for this ? Any help is appreciated with either problem .

That sub is essentially a dvc 1ohm subwoofer. So you can wire it to .5 ohm or 2 ohm. I have no idea how you could hook it up two different ways (series and parallel) and get the same thing. Its impossible. Also, you only need to hook up one negative and one positive speaker connection coming out of the Sundown.

Pics to help you.

1_1ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Coils are good then, it's a D1 coil config.

Read each coil seperately see if both are .7-.9 ohms. Then we can go from there.

I see SDeYoung has put the diagrams up you should be good to go.

Do you want 2 or .5 ?

I want daily 2 ohm and I know the 12volt.com that's what I used to make sure everything was correct but I keep coming up with. 7 ohms at the amp

I want daily 2 ohm and I know the 12volt.com that's what I used to make sure everything was correct but I keep coming up with. 7 ohms at the amp

The coils are on two different sides of the sub. Wire one positive on one side to one negative on the other side. Now connect the remaining positive to the amp and the remaining negative on the other side of the sub to the amp. Should now read higher. Good luck.

We got the wiring issue fixed I would like to thank you guys for all your help but we still have one problem the set screw on the amp can anyone tell me what size we should goto and once again thank you guys so much

We can get you a new set screw. Email me josh@incriminatoraudio.com with your shipping details and I will try to take care of you when we get back from SBN. Thanks!

Is it the screw or the piece on the amp?

Well its not the set screw its the block that the wire goes in and its both negitive terminals. And thanks Josh you can even help me considering its a sundown amp

also, consider if you are measuring the speaker with the speaker wires in the amp, you are also reading amplifier resistance. that is going to change the readings alot and honestly, will make them completely meaningless. you have to measure the speaker without connecting it to the amplifier.

Well its not the set screw its the block that the wire goes in and its both negitive terminals. And thanks Josh you can even help me considering its a sundown amp

Oh I got ya.....I was going to try and help, most set screws are about the same now days....but can't help on the power block...best email jacob

Then they are really probally dual .7 ia does this to fight imp rise. You must be doing something wrong to get .7 both ways.

What are you talking about? Fighting Impedance rise?

Sigh

if all else fails on the the amp part just solder it. I've also drilled a hole through the block and a nut and bolt or a screw and some funny looking threaded washer. Just be creative with it :fing34: