case903

I just joined this site but ive been into car audio for awhile. my buddy DblBelly set me up here. went to school with him. my current set up is 2 cerwin vega stroker 12s..the old style the 122s. runnin off a hifonics brutus 2000 in a ext cab s10. the subs are starvin for power right now because they are only runnin half of what they need. i got out of this stuff for awhile but im getting back into it again. im getting ready to do a rebuild and ordered all my 0 gauge wire n all that. still savin up some money to upgrade amps and the alternator. im building a new box along with everything. thinkin about tuning it to 36 hertz. im interested in getting into IAK. DblBelly sent me this way hoping that you guys could help me out and possibly let me in. ive always wanted to compete just never knew where anything was going on and now that im getting back into this stuff hopefully ill be able to get into some competitions. thinking about upgrading to a couple sundown amps. Let me know what you guys think

Edited by case903

welcome to the site man. happy you made it here. i told you about ssa an hour ago and you were on shit man. goodluck on your build i will help with anything you need

Welcome

welcome sir!!!

Thanks everybody...hopefully ill get to meet some of you guys at a competition soon......got my new component speakers today...i got jbl's for now bc my other ones were just stock and one didnt work so the rebuild is making progress..and i got my wire in today so hopefully ill be able to get that in soon

Welcome Bro! :eek5wavey:

if u goin to Slamology in Indy.. u can meet us there

if u goin to Slamology in Indy.. u can meet us there

And hopefully Shizzzon won't just be a spectator this year either! :nutkick:

motivate me... i need actual help this time..

Need custom suspension put on and a LOT of fiberglass work...

:WELCOME: to SSA got any vids love to see old school strokers in action.

i dont have any videos right now..i need to make some but my phone doesnt have video on it..so ill prlly have to use the camera..ill try to get around to it..when is the competition in Indy?..hopefully ill be able to go and have my system up to full power by then

i dont have any videos right now..i need to make some but my phone doesnt have video on it..so ill prlly have to use the camera..ill try to get around to it..when is the competition in Indy?..hopefully ill be able to go and have my system up to full power by then

Yep in Indy, If you know Hove, he was there last year and I think he's going again this year too.

Whats the dates for the competition?

I believe it's June 18th & 19th at the Marion County Fairgrounds.

ok..hopefully ill be able to make it down there

Welcome. :eek5wavey: Which JBL comps did you get? I'm on the market for some, and had my eye one some JBLs.

Welcome. :eek5wavey: Which JBL comps did you get? I'm on the market for some, and had my eye one some JBLs.

I got the JBL - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Plus One HCL Woofer Cones...but turns out they won't fit in my truck so im going to have to get a different set. which sucks bc i really liked them but i dont really want to start cutting stuff up to make them fit so im going to get different ones. they sounded good though. i hooked them up to my stereo in my house for a min just to see how they sounded and they sounded good.

how do you like your box tuned at 35?..im thinking about going with 36 on mine bc thats what is recommended.

I got the JBL - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Plus One HCL Woofer Cones...but turns out they won't fit in my truck so im going to have to get a different set. which sucks bc i really liked them but i dont really want to start cutting stuff up to make them fit so im going to get different ones. they sounded good though. i hooked them up to my stereo in my house for a min just to see how they sounded and they sounded good.

I believe those are the ones i've been looking at. Model number GTO608C?

yeah..those are close to the ones that i got..i think the only difference in the ones i got is they are 55 watts rms..and those are 70 but i think thats the only difference...how do you like your box tuned to 35?

It's great, i dont have any complaints. Still digs down as deep as i need. Don't really know what my SSF is at right now, but i think it could go lower and give me more low end. But it's not needed right now.