Repth

Source Unit with Time Alignment

I'm looking for a good head unit that has time alignment. Unfortunately, this will be my first head unit purchase (used stock with special wiring harness) and as such I have no idea where to start. I really love the look of the Pioneer 800PRS, but they're discontinued. I do care a lot about aesthetics, but I want something that sounds great and will let me run my ID CTX65cs active and use time alignment, PEQ, and all the other normal goodies. My budget is about $300, but possibly can be extended for the right equipment. I don't have any problem buying used as long as it is "good as new".

A used 800prs would be sweet!!

I wish you posted this yesterday. This guy had two pioneer radios. I got the deh-p610bt for 80 bucks brand new. He sold the other today the deh-p710bt (same one Steve meade has)

I wish you posted this yesterday. This guy had two pioneer radios. I got the deh-p610bt for 80 bucks brand new. He sold the other today the deh-p710bt (same one Steve meade has)

If Meade uses it, it must be good right...

If Meade uses it, it must suck donkey dick....

Fixored

If Meade uses it, it must be good right...

The 710 only uses more eq's!! Which is better!!!

Fixored

Lmaoo :WTFBubble:

Fixored

I don't nut hug, I don't believe just because so and so uses it therefore it must be good, but some of the products he uses are good :P

Fixored

I don't nut hug, I don't believe just because so and so uses it therefore it must be good, but some of the products he uses are good :P

Exactly!! And I personally haven't found any issues with pioneer head units!! Now if Steve Meade used JENSEN Headunits, we'd have a problem!! :suicide-santa:

Fixored

Then why bother mentioning Meade uses it to begin with :)

Exactly!! And I personally haven't found any issues with pioneer head units!! Now if Steve Meade used JENSEN Headunits, we'd have a problem!! :suicide-santa:

By yeah. Any premier pioneer radios are a good choice. In my opinion, and kenwood and alpine make decent radio also!!

The 800/880prs have 16 bands L & R (32 total)

Fixored

I didn't mean all the 710's, just the one he has :P

Damn, too bad I missed that deal. Keep in mind I do care a lot about aesthetics. I want it to look very plain but sophisticated. I know this sounds like a silly request, but this is going in a show car and I want everything to be perfect.

The 800/880prs have 16 bands L & R (32 total)

Fixored

I didn't mean all the 710's, just the one he has :P

Well that makes sense now. lol

Damn, too bad I missed that deal. Keep in mind I do care a lot about aesthetics. I want it to look very plain but sophisticated. I know this sounds like a silly request, but this is going in a show car and I want everything to be perfect.

Look into the 800/880PRS models. Both VERY good units.

I have the 800PRS and my girl has the 880PRS, same radio as far as functionality goes. The 800 has a few advantages though.

By yeah. Any premier pioneer radios are a good choice. In my opinion, and kenwood and alpine make decent radio also!!

VERY FEW radio's come with T/A, and even fewer sound good. That's just my opinion.

800/880/99 PRS's, Alpine 9855/9887/117, and Eclipse MKII

I'm looking for an 800PRS right now. There's one used on eBay for nearly $400. I can get one new for $550. I could grab a uses 880 for less but the 800 looks worlds better. Know of any place I could snag one?

For the price difference I would consider the differences cosmetic only. I konw that isn't the case, but in practice it is.

Well, are the 800s really worth $400 while the 880s are only $200? I'd pay extra just for the looks of the 800 but not $200 extra, lol.

Well, are the 800s really worth $400 while the 880s are only $200? I'd pay extra just for the looks of the 800 but not $200 extra, lol.

The 800 has an all copper chassis while the 880 has a normal one. Which can help a lot with noise.

The 800 has an all copper chassis while the 880 has a normal one. Which can help a lot with noise.

Good to know. I drive a 2008 Charger and they are notoriously noisy.

Good to know. I drive a 2008 Charger and they are notoriously noisy.

Not the noise I'm talking about lol.

I mean engine noise.

Not the noise I'm talking about lol.

I mean engine noise.

I'm confused. I thought you meant electrical noise being induced into the system that was audible in what the speakers were playing..?

Edited by Repth

im rocking this clarion unit 785 usb

these were going for as little as 150 bucks at one point. but for your budget i'd chase down the better quality Pioneer unit