Sign in to follow this  
Fi BTL

2 Fi BTL N2 port design

OKay so i have 10 cubic ft box i need to figure out how long the port needs to go into the box and the size of the port hole the box is 20"high x 40" long x 20" wide i need this for 2 Fi BTL N2 15's if anyone could help me out i would aprriciate it thank you

No problem! I love that program :)

i cant figure out to get my port right tho :( i got the hertz right just not the sqaure inches right its supposed to be 12 to 16 sqaure inches but mine is like 9 inches any ideass the port is right now 7x9x15

Your best bet would be to play around with it. Try different dimensions.

If the port area isnt big enough increase the height/width of the port. Just keep in mind that bigger ports decrease the net volume

Your best bet would be to play around with it. Try different dimensions.

If the port area isnt big enough increase the height/width of the port. Just keep in mind that bigger ports decrease the net volume

but when i increase the size of of the port the hertz go up to like 40

That means that you need to increase the ports length. Keep in mind that you can use decimals in the calculator :)

That means that you need to increase the ports length. Keep in mind that you can use decimals in the calculator :)

well my box is only 20 inches wide and iam already 15 inches deep how much further can i go ?

How high is the box? Of you're doing a slot port or a port with one port wall, you can have the port go up the back wall too.

Edited by Hunter

How high is the box? Of you're doing a slot port or a port with one port wall, you can have the port go up the back wall too.

i wanna do a wall port

A wall is just a big box, so the port can still be "bent"

what do u mean by bet like fallow the back wall

Yep, I meant that it could go down the back wall

on that speaker box tunning calc its say its already bent

It looks like its time to take out a pen and paper :P

okay i did this i added 5 inches onto the depth of the box to get 9.69 cubic ft so then i made the port 10 inches by 10 inches and it gives me 12.17 inches sqaured and a new volume of 8.22cubicft does it sounds goood now ?

It'd sound mediocre. Iirc perfectly square ports aren't best. Don't quote me on that though.

It'd sound mediocre. Iirc perfectly square ports aren't best. Don't quote me on that though.

[/q

damn this is hard man i need to figure somtihn out....

so what do u think i should do any ideass i would love themm :P

You should find a box designer who includes cut sheets, 2D, and 3D dimensions. I dont know of any on here because Im still new. Are you on SMD? I could recommend like 5 guys off the top of my head on there.

You should find a box designer who includes cut sheets, 2D, and 3D dimensions. I dont know of any on here because Im still new. Are you on SMD? I could recommend like 5 guys off the top of my head on there.

i think i have an account on there if not ill just make one on there

Sign in to follow this