Going for a new mid highs setup!! Taking out the ken woods. I have two SSA Icon 15s for my lows. Looking for 2 6.5s and 4 6x9s... And I'll maybe keep my crescendo super tweeters. Any suggestions?? What would yall put in y'alls ride if you had a price limit of 250 for each. (I want to hear about y'alls goals) saying you had two 15 icons!!

I'd dump the 6x9's for some 6.5's and an amp for them. 6x9's are an awkward speaker, that is incapable of producing proper sound quality music.

J

I already have amp on the way. Crescendo 1k I was looking into the cadence speakers they have nice 6.5s and 6x9s. Hear anything good about them?

Heard some cadence before. Not a bad speaker IMO. The tweeters seemed a little shrill on certain songs, but I think it was the guys EQ/amp settings.

Still stand by my no 6x9's statement. Change them for 6.5's and you'll never go back.

J

I can fit about 10 6.5s on their. Lol might have to try that. Which 6.5would you purchase? And would you do different types? (same brands, just mixing them with 3-ways and components)

ya 6x9 is not what you want... i know alot of people dont care for them but pioneer makes very good 6.5's.

ya 6x9 is not what you want... i know alot of people dont care for them but pioneer makes very good 6.5's.

Nah no thanks!! I blew a couple of those on same power I gave my ken woods.

I would NOT buy any 6x9's and I wouldn't buy any rears. Tons of options for the front comps though. Get rid of the super tweeters as well. Ugh.

Crescendo makes 6.5" comps at a decent price. They might have them on sale for $99, I am not sure. Check those out.

I would NOT buy any 6x9's and I wouldn't buy any rears. Tons of options for the front comps though. Get rid of the super tweeters as well.

I agree with this, in terms of your goal being a balanced system, or one that gets really loud but does not have much audible distortion.

I don't mix brands on my speakers. Its not that it cannot be done, I just haven't.

I would look at the Cadence, MB Quart, JL Audio, or maybe even some Kicker.

What is your budget and how do you want to install them?

As previously said forget the back. Rear fill for me has never served a purpose.

J

I have been happy with my Diamond D6 components. To me they are hard to beat for the price. I have one set of the components in my Durango and they keep up with my two 18'' Xcons. To me what you have in your signature for speakers is overkill. Loving the old school icons though :fing34:

I have been happy with my Diamond D6 components. To me they are hard to beat for the price. I have one set of the components in my Durango and they keep up with my two 18'' Xcons. To me what you have in your signature for speakers is overkill. Loving the old school icons though :fing34:

It's a bad way trying to combat mids and highs being drowned out from bass. Throw more and more drivers into the front stage, whether there above, below, to the left, to the right, or behind you and throw more power at them.

I would NOT buy any 6x9's and I wouldn't buy any rears. Tons of options for the front comps though. Get rid of the super tweeters as well.

I agree with this, in terms of your goal being a balanced system, or one that gets really loud but does not have much audible distortion.

Ok. So, I'll take out the Kenwood 5-ways 500watts. So no speakers for the rear deck??

My car didn't have factory back door speakers. So you all suggest I install 2 or 3 speakers in each door (I'll fiberglass them for customs), with no rear deck speakers? Is that what you guys suggest?? AND NO SUPERTWEETER??

Crescendo makes 6.5" comps at a decent price. They might have them on sale for $99, I am not sure. Check those out.

Those are definitely on my list as well. They sound pretty good.

I don't mix brands on my speakers. Its not that it cannot be done, I just haven't.

I would look at the Cadence, MB Quart, JL Audio, or maybe even some Kicker.

What is your budget and how do you want to install them?

As previously said forget the back. Rear fill for me has never served a purpose.

J

Didn't say mix brands, just mixing components. But I don't think I will do any mixing. Thanks for your input. My budget is about 500 for all speakers.

I will have to look into these. I have always had a difficult time with mids and highs. Thanks for your input, and thanks the Icons are rocking n 3.2cbft each!!

You have a good budget.

Maybe just one set of component speakers can be enough. I don't know.

Ok. So, I'll take out the Kenwood 5-ways 500watts. So no speakers for the rear deck??

My car didn't have factory back door speakers. So you all suggest I install 2 or 3 speakers in each door (I'll fiberglass them for customs), with no rear deck speakers? Is that what you guys suggest?? AND NO SUPERTWEETER??

Don't put anything in the back of your car. Not in the rear deck or the rear doors. Focus your budget on what is in front of you.

I do have a 4 door sedan if that matters. It isn't the coupe. I'm going to try the crescendos. I'm ordering 4 sets of the components. Putting two in each front door, with 2 pairs in each back door. Since the cadence will be more expensive if I get 4 sets. Any thoughts? Opinions? Is this the correct choice. Will be upgrading icons to xcons in very near future, or may even be zcons. Batteries on the way and upgrading amp to a sundown 1500 or 2000

Don't put any in the rear, period. I don't give a fuck if you got 4 doors, 2 doors, or a hundred.... Your front stage will be plenty loud for those to hear in the back any way.

Don't put any in the rear, period. I don't give a fuck if you got 4 doors, 2 doors, or a hundred.... Your front stage will be plenty loud for those to hear in the back any way.

This ^^^. Only get one set of components. 2 woofers and 2 tweeters or step up to a 3 way setup. Anything more is a waste of money.

I would put one of these in the front door before I would put multiple sets.

8NDL51

One of those and the ST in each front door will more than keep up with those subs.

I would put one of these in the front door before I would put multiple sets.

8NDL51

One of those and the ST in each front door will more than keep up with those subs.

Do you have a vid of your setup?? I want to see those 8" woofers in action. And you have the super tweeter with those. That's a nice idea.