Sign in to follow this  
An-i-no

Quote for 2 Sundown SA-12's Ported

Vehicle Make and Model: 1998 Ford Explorer

Direct of Box/Subs: Subs up, port towards drivers side.

Sealed or Ported: Ported

Number of Subs: 2

Brand and Model of Subs: Sundown Audio SA-12

Max Dimensions: 38 in. width, 18in. height, depth shouldn't be an issue (plus I forgot the measurement haha)

Zip Code for Shipping Quote: 76708

Hey, I have a few special requests...I listen to a lot of slowed music (decaf etc.) and love bass around 27-35 hertz so I would like for the box to be tuned a little lower than what Jacob recommends. Probably 26, but whatever gives me the most balanced response and can still dominate between 27-35. I've experimented and found that when the ports are aimed on the drivers side of my car (left if I had the hatch open and was looking out the windshield. Just in case I say the wrong side, but definitely left.) I get a lot more on the low end so that's why I ask for the port to be that way. and with subs up port side I can experiment with different configurations.

One more thing, I want to mount my amp to the back of the box, so how much extra would it cost to get the back double baffled? If this isn't possible or just a bad idea just let me know. Oh and throw on flush mount to the quote too.

Thanks in advance for reading my huge ocd request. :drink40:

I would suggest the lowest tuning to be 28 Hz as anything lower is not really practical for car audio. Is 28 ok for you?

Andrew

I would suggest the lowest tuning to be 28 Hz as anything lower is not really practical for car audio. Is 28 ok for you?

Andrew

As long as the response is smooth. The only reason I want to be tuned so low is so that I can play any and everything (to a certain extent of course) safely. If you can do that with a 28hz tuning then that's perfect.

Update? I know you're probably really busy but I'm just wondering...

Here is what I came up with:

20 deep

18 tall

33.5 wide

3.5 cubes

28 Hz

Flush mount.

If you would like me to drop it down to 27 Hz tuning the box will just become wider.

Andrew

Heck yeah I want it dropped to 27!

Sounds like a solid plan...what's it gonna run me?

EDIT: Slot or Aeroported?

Edited by An-i-no

Ok here we go:

20 deep

18 tall

34.25 wide

3.5 @ 27 Hz

Slot Port

Flush Mount

Subs up, port back on driver side

$152 plus shipping

This price includes carpet of your choice. I have black and salt and peper right now. I can also get gray.

Andrew

Ok here we go:

20 deep

18 tall

34.25 wide

3.5 @ 27 Hz

Slot Port

Flush Mount

Subs up, port back on driver side

$152 plus shipping

This price includes carpet of your choice. I have black and salt and peper right now. I can also get gray.

Andrew

Subs up port back? I need subs up port driver's side so I can push the box all the way up againt my backseat...hope that doesnt take a major redesign, sorry...

Oh and salt & pepper carpet please?

Edited by An-i-no

Ok so subs up and port up?

Sorry for the confusion.

Andrew

No problem! I know i get nit picky and confusing at times lol.

I need subs UP port SIDE. I just want it to fire straight out of the side.

Ok so subs up, port out the side of the box facing your wheel/driver side of the car?

I have never received a request for a box design like this so I just want to make sure

Andrew

Ok so subs up, port out the side of the box facing your wheel/driver side of the car?

I have never received a request for a box design like this so I just want to make sure

Andrew

Yes, exactly. Subs up, port to the side. If you have to make it deeper then that's fine. Don't worry too much about it being "at" the drivers side. I just need subs up, ports to the side. This way, I can simply rotate it if I need to.

For example, with subs up, port side I would start with subs up port left. I can rotate it 90 degrees and have subs up port back, rotate it another 90 degrees and have subs up port right. That's all I really want is versatility.

PS. Did you read my request about the double baffle on the back of the box to mount amps to? That would be really awesome...thanks in advance, and sorry for all the trouble...

Ok I will get a sketch just to verify the port/sub position.

I could put an extra piece on the back but I'm not sure mounting your amps on the box would be the best idea. Some times excessive vibration could rattle some of the components loose.

Andrew

You're awesome man. I honestly appreciate you taking the time to make sure everything is right and responding to all my requests (even if they get wacky at times). I really do apologize for all the confusion.

I only have three real places to mount the amps. On the back of my seat (which the box will be pushed up against anyway) on the box, or on the floor in the cargo area but that would make it where I can't put anything on top of the amps. I'd really rather mount them on the box with the double baffle though...

sample1.jpg

Something like this. I know I put three subs in there, I had two but they looked lonely... lol

This is not to scale in anyway....

Andrew