An-i-no

eDead v3 Gallon - Black

I would order a bunch of cld tiles from Don at SDS. They'll add "some" rigidity to the doors, but primarily keep the sheet metal from rattling like crazy. You could then put a layer of MLV, just place a roll over the door panel and cut to shape, that'll deaden everything.

Lastly a layer of ccf will keep the door panel plastic from rattling against the sheet metal (decoupler).

All this can be bought here: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Don is a great guy, knows what he's doing, super helpful.

I would order a bunch of cld tiles from Don at SDS. They'll add "some" rigidity to the doors, but primarily keep the sheet metal from rattling like crazy. You could then put a layer of MLV, just place a roll over the door panel and cut to shape, that'll deaden everything.

Lastly a layer of ccf will keep the door panel plastic from rattling against the sheet metal (decoupler).

All this can be bought here: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Couldn't have typed it any better! :fing34:

I sprayed my doors with a similar product and it didn't do anything really.

You would have to put a lot on there to make any difference and I mean a lot.

Couldn't have typed it any better! :fing34:

No, no I already have some cld tiles and butyl rope bugeted (lol) I read somewhere to spray like bedliner on the inside of the door panel to deaden it, but the kind I saw at Lowes was pretty expensive and I didn't like the smell so I was wondering if there's anything that could be used for the same purpose.

Ok, I'm looking at MLV as a possibility now but I'm having a little trouble grasping the concept of how to use it. If someone could link me to a build log or some pics or vids I would be very grateful.

Try this thread:

Try this thread:

THANK YOU. I have a couple of questions though.

1. This is probably a dumb one, but what's the difference between "2X4 inches (adhesuive both sides)" and "2X4 inches (adhesive one side only)?" Doesn't one side have glue and the other velcro? How are the two different then?

2. Do the MLV and CCF need to be like glued/velroed to the door in order to be effective? Can they "float?"

That is all.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?t=1&products_id=53

What do you guys think? I was going to use it to deaden the inside of my door panel and maybe on some bare metal areas too. If this isn't worth my time then what else can I spray/apply to the inside of my door panel to make it a little more solid?

Definitely just a flat out waste of money :fing34: don't buy it.

Try this thread:

1. This is probably a dumb one, but what's the difference between "2X4 inches (adhesuive both sides)" and "2X4 inches (adhesive one side only)?" Doesn't one side have glue and the other velcro? How are the two different then?

2. Do the MLV and CCF need to be like glued/velroed to the door in order to be effective? Can they "float?"

That is all.

I didn't click on the thread so answering 1 is tough. Description seems to say it all though...

As for two, you want the MLV to be decoupled from the structure as much as possible. Which you could draw the analogy that it is "floating".

Budget some MLV and CCF. As stated above run the MLV on top of the CCF so the MLV is decoupled from the metal.

Try this thread:

That is all.

I didn't click on the thread so answering 1 is tough. Description seems to say it all though...

As for two, you want the MLV to be decoupled from the structure as much as possible. Which you could draw the analogy that it is "floating".

If it has adhesive on both sides where the hell is the velcro???

So then, for the sake of simplicity, it would be bare metal -> CLD-> CCF -> MLV -> Door panel?

Budget some MLV and CCF. As stated above run the MLV on top of the CCF so the MLV is decoupled from the metal.

Like stated, it would be bare metal -> CLD-> CCF -> MLV -> Door panel?

Edited by An-i-no

For your velcro question. Both sides means that both the hook and loop side have adhesive on them. On the one side velcro it means that either the hook or loop (don't know which one) has the adhesive on it and you use your own adhesive for the other one.

For the second part about the order they go on when I talked to Don he said it goes: bare metal -> CLD -> MLV -> CCF -> door panel. I believe the reason was because the CCF will form around the door panel to hold it in place to prevent rattling while the MLV can not form around it.